A few small problems

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Gibbie, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Gibbie New Member

Hi everyone, Ive been playing for a few months now and Ive got a few small problems Id like to see if I can fix.

First off when I use the /camp command I cant stop it from happening. Ive asked my guildies and gotten answers like use space key, move, hit esc. Tried them repeatedly and none of them work. Anyone have an idea if there's a setting someplace that will fix this?

Also when I group I cant see or hear when someone levels. Kinda small problem but Id like to know when so I can at least give them a cheer :)

Last one, I'm getting way too many sparks and flashes on the screen when in combat. Makes it very hard to see different mobs. What would be a good set up so I don't get this but can still see shinies from a distance?
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am sorry you are having problems, not sure I can help.

When I /camp, moving or any other action that stops the character from sitting will usually cancel the camp.

As for the leveling, I cannot remember ever seeing or hearing someone outside of my own guild gaining an adventure level. You can on tradeskills.

As for the sparks and flashes, in your main options window, click the advanced button in the upper right corner to make sure you can see all the available things you can alter. I think under the display tab, there is an option where you can turn off the spell animations from other players or you can limit how many you see at one time. I wish I could remember what it is called off the top of my head, sorry but its escaping me at the moment. I suggest opening the main options, make sure you are seeing the advanced menus and start poking around in display, performance, and maybe user interface. As long as you do not hit accept, nothing will change, so you can poke around and see what is there all you like, just don't hit accept unless there is something you are sure you wish to change or write down what you do change so you can change it back if you do not like it.

Sorry I could not offer more help, I hope someone with more knowledge pops in and clarifies what I said. Remember, just have fun and enjoy the journey.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I can see people leveling if they're in group. There's usually a graphic there and you may see it in group chat. Check your chat box for options--especially to see if "status" is checked. Canceling a camp command is easy, as Cyrrena mentioned....just move or cast. She's also spot on for minimizing spell animations and all that glitter that shows up.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The first thing I'd try would be to exit the game and start Launchpad. Then click the Advanced Tools button (has a little crossed hammer and wrench), and ask it to validate files.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd send in a support ticket. This is a problem I've never encountered for myself or others in-game, so I suspect it's something odd.