A Few Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by CryBloodwing, Sep 12, 2018.

1. CryBloodwing New Member

So I am new to the game and I have a few questions.

1. What class is the best healer?

2. What class is the best support?
    I don't mean a healer specifically, but a class that can help party members by buffing them, debuffing enemies, making items for party members like the druid's ability to make food and water.

3. How does collecting work in terms of areas?
    For example, I am in the beginning area Darklight Woods and I have found plenty of bones, crystals, etc for collecting. However, once I got past the level 5 enemies, like the wolves, and reached the T'Vatar Post where the zombies and ghosts are, I have not seen any more collectables. Should they exist there? Or was in just in the Hate's Envy area? Does it depend on level and what collections I have turned in?

4. What is the least played class?
    I like to play the least played class. XD
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Dilon Active Member

Hi,

1. "Best" is a bit subjective and depends on several factors. But having said that, defilers and wardens seem to be preferred at the moment.

2. Bards and Enchanters are the dedicated support classes. I personally really like troubadors for the fervor, crit overcap, and casting skill buffs. Brigands bring good debuff skills food and water abilities are obsolete.

3. There are shinies everywhere and sets tend to be in the same zone. I can't opine on that specific area but always keep an eye out for shinies.

4. Bruisers are least played by a mile.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  3. Khieran Active Member

Bruisers are a great class. I had no idea they were the least played though. In a lot of low level groups (under 40) I seem to tank better than the plate tanks of similar level. That changes in higher levels I know, but I think even at top level, Bruisers can tank non-raid mobs fairly well.

Shinies, I think zones that are more traveled will seem to have less, just because there are more people picking them up. I play at odd hours, and in those times, I see lots of shinies in areas that I normally don't, just because there is nobody around to pick them up before I get to them. And as Dilon said, a lot of sets are completed within the zone area, but there are also a lot of "bone" or "shard" collections that can be found across multiple zones. Remember to check the broker if you have a collection that is just missing one or two items - you might get lucky and find it on there.

Healers: For a normal pick-up group any healer will work usually. Leather healers (Wardens/Furies) may have to spec different AAs to be as effective as some other classes, but I think they can all heal well enough for normal grouping. Power usage is a problem in the low-mid levels for a lot of healers, but that goes away when you get better power regen buffs and gear. For top level heroics and raids, plate healers seem to be the ones people want (Inquisitors/Templars) I have one of every class spread over 2 accounts over 2 servers - they are all unique, but so far every group where I've been the healer has been fine no matter which healer I was playing.

The important thing is to have fun, so find a class you like playing and go for it :)