A few decorating Q's kinda...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by santargria, Jan 23, 2017.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

I've been working on decorating my personal guild hall (Tier 1 New Halas) for months (read years LOL) now and I've come up with a couple of questions if you please....

This is my first decoration attempt - it's nothing near as fancy as what you all do. But it is what it is.

So...

I know there is an item expander for houses, is there one for guild halls?

Do I have to upgrade the GH to get more item space?

If I do upgrade is there a way to move my items from one to the other without having to redecorate the whole thing again?

Publishing...

My GH is set to visitor and was wondering at what point do you all publish? I've never published a house before nor have I decorated one so curious.

Should I even bother publishing it or just leave it as visitor?

I would like to get some critique (constructive please) on it as well and wondering if there is anyone on Skyfire willing to take a look and give me some advice.

Thanks as always in advance
  2. Gretel Well-Known Member

Hi!

I believe you can use a DBC (marketplace) expander on a guild hall for increased item count, but not the player crafted one (which is for houses only). I might have that backwards, but for sure only one works on guild halls, max.

Higher tier guild halls have more item space, but also have different layouts (floor plans) so you'd probably have to start over decorating (that's why I'm sticking with tier 1 for now for my guild, no time to start over).

Guild halls can't be published, sadly. Houses can, but not GH.

I'm on Skyfire and willing to take a look. You can post your guild and hall location here or send it to me in a PM if you want. I'm not nearly the expert some people on these forums are, but I'm happy to take a look and tell you what I think. Lots of great decorators have toons on Skyfire now, so I'm sure you can get good feedback from many people. :)
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

Thanks Gretel,

Very helpful information and much appreciated

I looked at the marketplace item and it states can be used on your house - unless I miss read it, it doesn't say anything about a guild hall.

I haven't found the crafted one yet - do you know which crafter makes it?

Searches are only showing me the dimensional pocket expander and vault expander - don't think those are what you are describing.

Ok found this "The Sage-crafted pocket expander (but not marketplace ones!) can also be used once in guild halls by the person who purchased the hall!"

So the sage makes this and it will work on GH's. Cool!!!
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Often, unless it specifically says something like "house or guild hall," it won't work in a guild hall. :(

Uwk
    Gretel and santargria like this.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

Thanks Uwk,

Yah, I usually look for the words "in any house" - this usually signifies (at least to me and my experience) that it is GH friendly :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Gretel like this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You can only use the crafted expander on guild halls. Crafted expander is called the Dimensional Pocket Expander ( Sage-crafted using a level 70 recipe from Danak Arcana Volume II). The vault expander is no longer used...it was for when the game first came out and you had a 2 bedroom house but wanted more broker slots and house vault slots (now doesn't matter you get 6 slots if you own any house type). So if 100 more slots for house items isn't enough then yes you have to upgrade guild halls. There are tricks to get a layout to load in a different guild hall. You manually have to open the layout file, in say notepad, to change the line where it indicates what guild hall. Not everything will load properly for areas that no longer exist. If you know advanced features of the layout editor you can rotate things around to fit into a new room.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, if you're upgrading from a Tier 1 to a Tier 2, where you have additional rooms but a somewhat similar basic layout (just thinking of the Qeynos places, you have the entry area, then the two wings, then....the downstairs? but only two small "offices" down at the bottom) in roughly the same spots? Where the new stuff is just the "solid wall" opened up, like the third wing directly across from the front door in Qeynos? If you're upgrading, it should be easier; I imagine the stuff that was in the old areas would go back there in the new, but the new areas would be empty. Conversely, I guess that anything from the new areas going from a T2 down to a T1 would still be in a Moving Crate? :-/

Uwk
    santargria likes this.
  8. santargria Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking and what I was going to upgrade to - New Halas Tier 2 with the extra rooms!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

New Halas only has a Tier 1 guild hall (same with Gorowyn, Kelethin, and Neriak). If you want a tier 2 guild hall you have to go to Freeport or Qeynos.
    kianne and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Sennen Well-Known Member

If you save a layout file with everything where it is as a backup, then crate everything in the lower floor rooms, you should be able to load a T1 file into a T2 hall with only minor hiccups. But read the note above where you have to change the house type.

An alternate method would be to save the new layout empty and merge in the old layout. Using my editor, it will just warn you that the two houses are of different types, but still merge if you wish.
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

oh, I didn't know that - thanks for the information - good stuff there!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Sennen Well-Known Member

Also, Halas/Kelethin matches Qeynos Tier 1 and Neriak/Gorwyn matches freeport T1 halls
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You are brilliant, Sennen! :D

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah...for me, it's all about ease of access for guildies, Good and Evil (remind me to tell the story that one time of my poor Ogre in the NQ Guild Hall, before I Betrayed with him...), though Gorowyn is the best for that. ;)

Uwk
    Gretel and santargria like this.