A Fae Flies into a Bar...2

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-llewenayah, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Mordedana sighed “Yesss,” she answered “I've only been here, 2 maybe 3 daysss.” her scales paled to lighter pink and gray as she blushed “I wasss in a bit of a hurry when I left... thisss is all I have...” she swallowed “Mordedana Shadowlight,” she sighed again “New clothesss would be much appreciated... although I think my tail might caussse some isss... might caussse some problemsss.”
    Anna nodded “Thank you,” she did not wait for a response from Elena before dragging the girl with her.
    Calish sighed. “I'm hoping we'll be able to leave soon.”
    Telsi nodded as she placed a hand against the wall for support. She fainted.
    Calish turned to catch his fiancee just before she fell to the floor. “Telsi?” he whispered her name as a question before realizing her eyes were closed. He picked her up more securely. He analyzed her trying to figure out what had happened. He saw red runes form on her arms. “No,” he whispered as he gently laid her on the floor. “Captain!” he shouted.
    Vonelix smiled “Well I am going to use the distraction which will be caused by Elena's transformation to pick the lock. The next step will actually make us heroes. If I'm correct in your ability then you should be able to calm poor Elena down. She'll be disoriented, confused and in a lot of pain. If you can calm her then we might both get out of here as heroes.” he laughed “They'll be glad we escaped.”
    ~~~~
    “Thanks,” Alyerra answered in response to the welcome. “There's been quite a bit going on around here lately.” she tried to explain. She didn't think her smile would be at all reassuring.
    ~~~~~
    Kyriu looked at the Teir'dal “What would you give to be back with him?” she asked “Would you be willing to leave your home to go to him?” she remembered Senriala saying that most Dark-Elves did not believe in love but she wondered if they still experienced it. She knew for a fact that Senri did for Aly.
    “I appreciate the offer Cub, but the Spire in Greater Faydark is surrounded by skeletons. I don't think going there is wise with so many little ones” she summoned the druid portal for Greater Faydark again.
    “I'm nots afraids of anys skeltons,” Limberger boasted “Daddys ands I's wills destroys thems alls,”
    Colby smiled at his eldest son “When yous is olders Limby.” he looked at his wife “Calarys gos,”
    Calarys shook her head “Buts this is ours homes... ands whats abouts the Dance of the Elders... if we leaves thens Canty...”
    Canty walked over to her Aunt. There were tears in the youths eyes.
    Colby sighed as he realized this was going to be a hard truth “Theres is nothings wes cans dos. We haves to leaves... and if we stays they'lls hunts us. It won'ts change ifs wes gos to Neriak either.”
    Canty sniffed “Maybes theys haves the Dance in Kelethin ors Qeynos,” she swallowed “Maybes they'lls lets mes trys outs agains.” she looked from Tetri to Rothgut hoping an Elder could confirm.
    Tetri swallowed at the painful reminder of how little she remembered of her own culture.
  2. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

((I'm so sorry for the long delay. My computer decided it was a fine time to break. ^^; ))
    "Oh. I'm Sylvie Grayhaze." She paused and saluted. "I mean, Private Sylvie Grayhaze of the Qeynos Guard. Welcome to Qeynos."
    Herrigan went to follow the women, but turned as he heard the yell.
    Ross turned from the mailbox and ran over. "What is wrong? Does she need to feed again already?"
    Nerry grinned. "Alright then! What time does the fun start?"
    Alaric nodded and stood silently for a moment. Llew began to bite her lip. "Breakfast should be ready soon." Alaric said after clearing his throat. "I will go see if Aleteriq is ready." He turned and quickly went up the ramp. Llew sighed and pushed her hair out of her eyes.
    "This is going to be awkward."
    Vani scowled. "I will not betray my Queen!"
    Rothgut shook his head. "I's has nots been in Qeynos long enoughs to connect to ours peoples there."
    Charlemin sheathed his sword. "Our people have kept the traditions. I am sure you can ask Bellacouste about it."
  3. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

((It's no problem stuff happens. Still hoping Ssen returns soon
    In other news I experimented with the SOEmote on Silzin's computer (since I don't have a web cam I love the feature. I increased the pitch of my voice on Tetri to be more rodent sounding, but I left Aly and Brienae with no font. I wish they had a way you could add accents for example if it added the hiss for an Iksar.))

Mordedana nodded. “Nice to meet you.”
    Ziqua stepped forward and hugged the Iksar.
    Mordedana smiled down at the kitten “Did you sleep well?”
    “Yes, why can't I go home with you and Ms. Mazsrrra?”
    “It isss complicated,” Mordedana answered. She turned her face away from the Kerra so she wouldn't see the anger.
    Calish shook his head “No, if it was that I wouldn't have said anything. He held up the Freeblood's arm covered in arcane runes. “This is new,” he swallowed “and I don't think they're good,”
    Elena sat at a table. Her stomach rumbled.
    Vonelix smiled “That unfortunately depends on Elena, it could be tonight or sooner,”
    ~~~~~
    Alyerra nodded “In so many ways this is going to be awkward.” she sighed and leaned her shoulder against a wall “At least I can honestly say I already ate.” she kept her mouth closed as she swiped her toungue across her teeth to make sure they were clean of any traces from her breakfast. “I'm sure it'll all work out.”
    ~~~~~
    “Then I can not help you,” Kyriu growled as she sheathed her staff and turned.
    Canty nodded.
    “Canty, go aheads,” Colby ordered “I wants yous to go firsts,”
    “B-buts...” the teen stammered.
    “Canty I needs someones responsibles on the other sides I cans trusts.” Colby answered.
    Canty swallowed and stepped through the portal.
    “Follows Canty,” Calarys told her children.
    The six boys looked at the portal and stepped back.
    Fayberry stepped forward curiously and stepped through.
    The boys looked at each other and followed their sister.
    “Calarys, yous nexts.” Colby ordered.
    Calarys whimpered.
    “I wills bes rights behinds yous,”
    Calarys nodded and stepped through.
    “Now who's nexts?” Colby asked looking around the room
    ~~~~
    Nedrid watched the image of his niece in the pool of water “No,” he whispered “Not that... whose brilliant idea was it to suppress the energy keeping us alive?” he watched the Dark-Elf “Foolish girl, I didn't save your life so you could throw it way with him again...” he clenched a fist. He had to do something. The problem was what? He glanced at the pool again and pulled out some parchment and quickly wrote a letter. He stuck it in a mail box and waited. “I hope my idea works.” he thought.
    ~~~~~
    Canty landed in the Druid ring closely followed by her cousin Fayberry and the six boys.
    “Its so's prettys,” Fayberry whispered as she held her stuffed Burnyai tightly. She saw Aloysiius and ran to him. “Daddys says we'res movings, so I cans haves mores bedtimes stories.”
    The boys clustered together away from the ring.
    Canty collapsed to the ground in tears.
    The boys clustered around their mother as she came through the portal. She looked around frantically for Fayberry and sighed with relief when she saw her with the bard.
  4. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

((I need to dig out my web cam from the garage and play around with it. All my characters are going to have my accent though, so I might work it in if I actually get a chance to talk to anyone. I might also have to learn to speak up though.))
    "Oh, do the two of you know each other, then?"
    Ross turned. "Norna, come here!" The younger sister hurried over and Ross pointed to the Freeblood. "Do you know what these are?"
    The mage knelt. "I-I don't think so."
    Brique hurried between the long tables of the dining hall, handing out plates of food. He paused. "Good morning, Miss. Elena! Are you feeling any better?"
    "Well, I hope the dear lass will be alright." Nerry began to play with the coin again.
    Llew nodded as she heard footsteps up above. Aleteriq, barefoot and with his robes half on over his shirt, came running down. He threw his arms around Llew's waist. She leaned down and squeezed him tight.
    "I m-missed you."
    "Well now, come back here, child. Your hair isn't even combed yet!" Rene said as she came down the ramp.
    Vani growled and kicked her feet like a child. "I will go to your cursed Qeynos and drag him back to Neriak by the neck if I have to!"
    Danlore glanced around and stepped through the portal. Charlemin nodded to his father and Rothgut followed the mage. "Kyriu, you go next."
    Aloysiius grinned at the little girl. "That's great."
    Bella hurried over to Canty. "Is-Is you's alrights? Whats happeneds." She glanced up worriedly at the portal as Danlore and her father appeared and stepped away.
  5. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

“Sort of,” Mordedana answered.
    “She's going to be my sisterrr if they let me go with Ms. Mazsrrra,” Ziqua answered.
    Calish closed his eyes for a moment in thought. He opened them and mused out loud “Who would be sending me a mail? To my knowledge everyone who knows me thinks I'm dead...” he glanced towards the mailbox debating whether he should check it or not.
    Elena looked at the Halfling and smiled “A little,” she answered. “Kinda starving,” she whispered “You promised... “
    Vonelix nodded.
    ~~~~
    Alyerra smiled and stepped away from he wall “Any hugs for a fellow Al?” she asked. She still wasn't quite sure about the masculine nickname but she thought the idea of the game was fun for that she was willing to try.
    ~~~~~
    Kyriu sighed and followed through the portal.
    “Nows I thinks yous shoulds gos nexts,” Colby said to Tetri.
    Tetri shook her head “I must go last, the portal will close behind me.”
    Colby nodded. He looked to Charlemin wondering if he should go or if the other should go.
    ~~~~
    Canty sniffed “I-I was ch-chosen to dance for the Elders in F-Freeport, b-but since they think my family is traitors... I can't... we h-had t-to leave. I-I w-want to d-dance... I-I've p-practiced...”
    Kyriu held her stomach as she came through “I really need a break from portals... a nice long break.” she stepped away from the portal and wretched.
    ~~~~~
    Nedrid continued his scrying. “Idiot boy!” he shouted at the water “Check your mail!”
  6. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie grinned. "Oh! That's great! I do hope everything works out. Having sisters is fun." She turned to Mordedana. "Would you like to join us for breakfast? I can see about getting you something else to wear from the storeroom too. We have some armor without markings on it."
    Ross glanced at him. "Check it, just in case."
    Brique returned the smile. "What would you like for breakfast? I'll make you anything."
    Nerry sighed. "It's going to be boring until then, isn't it?"
    Aleteriq looked up at Alyerra and nodded, slipping his arms from Llew and hugging the Freeblood.
    "'Fellow Al'?" Rene asked, her brow knit.
    "Oh, it's a game that they play. Aloysiius began it with Aleteriq, since they both go by the nickname Al." Llew explained.
    Rene turned as Alaric and the others came down the ramp. "You should play this game with them, Alaric."
    The Koada'dal raised one eyebrow as he reached the end of the ramp. Rene stared at him, sternly and steadily.
    Charlemin nodded to Colby to go through, wary about leaving Tetri with someone who had already attacked her once.
    Bellacouste patted the girl on the back. "We's dance in Qeynos toos. I's is sures if we's explains to the Elders theys will lets yous."
    Danlore went to Kyriu. "Are you going to be alright?"
  7. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

“That would be nice.” Mordedana answered. Her tail whisked from one side to the other “Even if it'sss only a breastplate that would be an improvement.”
    Calish nodded and walked over to the Mailbox. His eyes widened as he read the letter written in Thexian. He knelt back by Telsi's side. “It's from Nedrid...” he explained “Evidently he's been watching somehow.” he sighed “The arcane energy keeping her alive so to speak is being suppressed,” he swallowed “A result of her breaking the contract.” as he spoke he followed the chain he could see around her neck until he pulled out the locket hidden in her tunic. “He said there might be a way to stop the process, by charging a valuable item with arcane energy. Any arcane will do, and it will have to be recharged every so often.” he glanced at the letter again. He looked at Norny “Please, think you could...” he held the locket up to the Illusionist.
    Elena paused in thought for awhile before saying “Eggs and bacon?”
    Vonelix sighed “Yes it is.”
    ~~~~~
    Alyerra hugged him back. “My full name is Alyerra, most of the time I go by Aly, but...” she shrugged “It's kinda fun to play around.” she smiled careful not to expose any teeth. It made her really happy to see that Alteriq seemed to really care about her and even knowing the truth didn't see her as a monster.
    ~~~~
    Colby sighed and sheathed his sword “This is alls yours faults,” he hissed to Tetri as he passed.
    Tetri blinked tears from her one eye as the Shadowknight vanished. She turned to Charlemin “You're next Cub, I'll be right behind you,”
    ~~~~~
    Canty nodded “Th-thank yous,”
    The boys rushed to their Father as he appeared in the druid ring.
    Kyriu nodded “I thought I explained this before...” she sighed “I have a medical condition I inherited from Mama that makes me more sensitive to portals than most people. It's been a long time since I've used portals this frequently. I just need a long break is all,” she vomited “A very long break,”
    ~~~~~
    Back in Qeynos soft music could be heard near the Claymore. A small crowd listened to the bard play. She paused as her song ended and curtsied to her audience. She grinned exposing her fangs. Her reddish brown hair did little to hide her ears which were medium points. Her emerald eyes shown with joy.
    A guard stepped forward. He was not of the Qeynos guard clearly but he appeared to be of some authority. “You are under arrest!” he shouted.
    The Freeblood straightened and quirked an eyebrow “May I ask what crime I have committed?”
    “I have the Authority to arrest all Freeblood on sight,”
    “Really, that still does not answer my question sir. I am but a lowly Bard. You're queen has said my people are welcome here.”
    “Well sorry, but murderers should not be allowed free roam of the city,”
    “I agree, and I am no murderer. I am Xiaminara Crimsonsong. My family has never murdered. Just thought I'd share my music with people here instead of confining it to underground.”
    “Sieze her!”
    Xia sighed “My apologies folks, it would appear the show is over, thanks for listening!” she turned and ran.
    ((I noticed that character slots were on sale so I bought one. I've been thinking for a long time about making a character on a different server: either Antonia Bayle or Everfrost. Long story short Xiaminara is on Everfrost because I thought it might be easier to find people I know who roleplay. My experience on Lucan D'lere (the other roleplay server) was people said join the rp channels but no one knew where the channels were. In other words unless you knew where the roleplay was you couldn't find it. If memory serves correctly both of y'all are on Everfrost. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to play Xia but when ever I can.))
  8. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie nodded and started downstairs. "So are you planning on joining the Guard, Miss. Mordedana?"
    Norna frowned. "I-I don't understand how that would help, but you seem to know what you're talking about." She reached out and took the amulet, examining it briefly. She cupped it in her hands and it began to glow with colorful arcane energy.
    Brique smiled. "Right away! And you, ma'am?" He turned to the priestess.
    Nerry drummed his fingers on his knee. "So then. If we're going to be workin' together, might as well get to know one another, eh?"
    Alaric sighed at his wife. "And uh-how does one play this game?" He motioned that they should move into the dining area.
    Aleteriq reached over and took Llew's hand. "Well-it's um...we-we call each other Al and...and... we make it confusing and..." The boy struggled to explain.
    "It's like this." Llew said, turning to Alyerra. "Did you hear, Al? Al was telling me earlier that he and Al went...uh...to-to find some aluminum for...for Charlie." She gulped and glanced around awkwardly. Aleteriq hung onto her hand while Alaric raised one eyebrow again.
    Charlemin glanced at the Teir'dal on the floor. He looked back at Tetri. "Don't tarry." He hopped through the portal.
    Vani growled and gave up on trying to get free.
    Bella smiled. "Remembers, we's Ratongas always keeps our ways, no matters where we lives."
    Danlore nodded. "I had forgotten that." He glanced up at the city. "A break does sound good."
    Asphodelus looked up from her map. She could never concentrait inside and had moved outside the Guild Hall to look over her sea maps. She had been rather enjoying the music coming from the Claymore and frowned as it did not start up again. She stood as someone ran past her. "Oy! Wha's all this about, now?"
    ((Awesome. :D You and Ssen are both welcome in our Guild if you want. We don't do much, mind you, but we do sometimes roleplay in Guild chat or run dungeons. We also used the half-off sale on expansions as an excuse to get my brother his own account for his birthday. Now all we need to do is move his Sarnak from mom's account to his.))
  9. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

“That wasss my plan.” Mordedana answered.
    Calish glanced at the note “Honestly I have no idea what I'm talking about... that's what the note says... if it doesn't work then... I don't know.” he sighed “I knew she had that because I gave it to her, the day I asked her to marry me.”
    “Hm maybe a couple of eggs,” Anna answered.
    Vonelix nodded “Well as I said before my name is Vonelix. I'm an Inquisitor, Tinkerer and and inventor.” he smiled
    ~~~~~
    Alyerra raised an eyebrow. “Or when one is referenced one of the others responds.” She sighed “I'm rather new to it myself.” she noticed the motion towards the dining room “We probably should get you something to eat.” she said to the younger Al.
    ~~~~
    Tetri said nothing before she disappeared through the portal. As usual as she stepped through the portal closed.
    ~~~~~
    Canty nodded.
    Fayberry looked around and joined her brothers clustered around her father “Daddy wheres Great Grandpas?” she asked. “Isn'ts he comings?”
    Colby looked at Calarys and swallowed”Nos hes nots comings...”
    “Whys nots?”
    Tetriemmy appeared and collapsed in coughs.
    Kyriu dashed to the old Ratonga's side “Tetri are you alright?”
    Tetri nodded as she took some deep breaths. “Just need some fresh air.” she said taking deep breaths between coughs.
    ~~~
    Xia turned hearing the exclamation “Sorry!” she exclaimed to the Wood-Elf as she turned back around and ran into a Barbarian. She stumbled backwards.
    The Barbarian caught her.
    “This Monster was resisting arrest, is all,” the first guard said as he caught up.
    “Monster?” Xia responded “Now that's just mean. And you still haven't told me what I'm charged with.”
    “By order of the circle of ten all Freeblood are to be arrested and taken to Nettleville.” the Barbarian answered.
    “My crime is being a Freeblood, seriously?” Xia snarled “That's funny because your Queen said my people...”
    “The Queen was foolish,” The first guard answered
    Xia struggled against the Barbarian's grasp “Most places such words would be treason.”
    The Barbarian turned his captive and pulled her head back by her hair “We act with the authority of the Circle of Ten”
    “I've done nothing wrong!” Xia shouted.
  10. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie held her hand out to Ziqua. "Sunfish rolls and milk, right?"
    The light faded from Norna's hands and she held the amulet out to Calish. "Now what do we do with it?"
    Brique nodded. "Eggs and bacon, coming right up."
    "I'm Nerry Brique, in case you hadn't caught it. I'm an Illusionist and I tinkerer too. What sort of things do you make. I'm working on a machine that makes pies...er...but they do come out rather burnt...or inside out...Have you ever seen an inside-out pie? Not a pleasant sight."
    Rene lead them into the dining room. "I will have breakfast ready in a moment." She nodded to the table and went into the kitchen.
    Pepin stepped forward and pulled maple-leaf shaped chairs out for Llew and Alyerra.
    Alaric frowned as his grandson quietly sidled around Llew to sit in the seat furthest from him. "Did...you sleep well...Al?" The Koada'dal asked.
    The boy looked at Llew as she sat down and nodded to him. "I s-slept well..." He paused, unsure of whether or not to call his Grandfather 'Al'.
    Vani screamed at the portal and kicked her feet again.
    Bella glanced up, glad to see that everyone was accounted for.
    "So, are you guys moving to Kelethin?" Aloysiius asked Colby.
    Del rankled at the guard's comment. "Oy! Dun yer talk 'bout our Queen like tha', yer ruffian!"
  11. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Ziqua accepted the hand and nodded.
    Mordedana's stomach growled “I guesss I'm rather hungry asss well.” she frowned “I still think I need to work on my accent... I don't want to scare people.”
    Calish took the locket and re-clasped it around Telsi's neck. “I don't know.”
    The runes flickered as the locket glowed. The energy from the silver pendant seemed to course through the Freeblood's body. Telsi opened her eyes. The Runes vanished. “What just happened?”
    Calish hugged her.
    “Thank you,” Elena whispered.
    Vonelix frowned “I am also somewhat of an Alchemist. I was working on a treatment to prevent werewolves from transforming... it linked the transformation to the patient's emotions... an unfortunate turn of events, but if I they hadn't locked me in here I'm sure I could fix it. An inside out pie... sounds messy...”
    ~~~~
    Alyerra eyed the seat pulled out for her. “Um... I already ate...” she swallowed as she remembered her stomach's rejection of Bella's wonderful muffins.
    ~~~~~
    “I don'ts knows,” Colby snapped at the Bard.
    “What about Qeynos Uncle Colby?” Canty asked.
    “Hmph I don'ts haves any ideas wheres to gos. We haves no moneys. We needs at leasts some silvers for rents of two rooms. Kelethin, Qeynos whats differences does its makes we stills haves nowheres to gos,” Colby answered his niece.
    “I have a place here you can stay...” Tetri answered “It's a work in progress but I have a set of groves here in Kelethin or I have a place in Qeynos.”
    Colby turned to the old Cream Ratonga “We're heres because of yous! You'ves dones enoughs!”
    Tetri closed her eye.
    ~~~~
    The first guard turned to the Del “Let me ask you something: What has your Queen done lately to benefit Qeynos? “ he paused “I'll give you the answer: Rescuing the Leader of our sworn enemies, then making an alliance with him, allowing vermin into our city...”
    “And monsters like this,” the Barbarian added as he shoved Xia forward letting go of her hair.
    “Point is does any of that sound good to you?”
    Xia landed on her hands and stood. “I am not a monster,” she hissed “I am as much a citizen of this city as you are.”
    The Barbarian laughed “Is that a fact?”
    Xia pulled some papers from her bag “My identification papers,” she said as she held them out to the Barbarian.
    The Barbarian mercenary took the papers and read through them. He smiled “Well everything seems to be in order...” he began tearing the paper into small pieces.
    Xia lunged towards the mercenary.
    The Barbarian raised a foot and kicked her back. He then threw the confetti that had been her papers into her face. “I suggest you go to Freeport where your kind is wanted,”
    Xia snarled.
    “You see” the first guard said to Del “A feral monster, do you really want things like that living your city?”
    “You haven't seen me feral,” Xia responded “Believe me it's getting tempting to show you.”
    ((Wanted to let you know I appreciate the offer to join your guild Bella and I will take you up on that as soon as our play times over-lap. I live on the East coast so I'm I think 3 hours ahead of ya'll (I know from Nano you're on the West and I highly suspect Ssen is too) I'm sure it'll work out eventually. While I was in North Qeynos though I did tour the guild. It looks very nice. Kinda cool seeing these places I read about more or less in person. I also went to Tonga Town. I promise Xia didn't eat anyone. Liked both Creativity and Style.))
  12. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie lead Ziqua down the stiars. "Oh, I dunno. Your accent sounds fine to me."
    Norna tilted her head to one side. "I wonder what that did though."
    Brique scurried back to the kitchen. Some of the other cooks were busily cooking, frying and carrying various dishes to the breakfast rush. He found an unoccumpied stove, grabbed some bacon and eggs and began to cook them in a large cast iron pan.
    "So how did you fall into that? I mean, not many people even think that that can be cured." Nerry glanced over at the gnome. "Did...one of your family members...er...catch it?"
    Alaric frowned again. "Perhaps some tea?" He offered. "Uh...Al?"
    Pepin took the seat next to Llew as Aleteriq climbed up into the one between Llew and the one pulled out for Alyerra. The boy looked up at her as Toska took the seat next to Alaric, whose frown returned.
    Aloysiius grimaced. "Hey, now. She's still your kin."
    Del folded her arms across her chest, her temper rising as the torn papers fell. "Oh, aye. Ay see a monster 'ere. Two, in fact. Ay mean, only a monster th' likes of wot walks Freeport would lock someone up on charges o' bein' a certain race. Yer do know yer in Qeynos, right? Kuh-aye-nos."
    ((This week is the County Fair, so we won't be on much at our normal time. I'm planning on playing when I can in the mornings though.
    And thank you very much. I recently re-did a couple of things to accomodate the awesome new furniture from the city quests and am considering re-doing some of the walls with the building blocks once the City Festival hits Qeynos again, but I kinda like it the way it is. I'll have to see when I get around to it.))
  13. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Mordedana followed Sylvie downstairs.
    “Not sure,” Calish answered “but it worked and that's all that matters right?”
    The Runes returned. “What's happening to me?” Telsi whispered before fainting in the Tier'dal's arms again.
    Calish cursed. He glanced at the letter again and read it several times. He looked up “I know you're watching this you jerk! Some brilliant mage you are!” he shouted in Thexian.
    Vonelix stroked his goatee in thought “No, not a family member. One of the acolytes left early every night and I followed her and watched her transform out in Antonica. The next day I offered to help her. I like the puzzle.” he explained. He decided to leave out the part where the girl had out right refused so he black-mailed her.
    ~~~~~
    Alyerra swallowed unsure if he was talking to her or Alteriq “None for me thanks...” she answered. She removed her guitar from her back and hung the strap the on chair which had been pulled out for her, before she sat down.
    ~~~~~
    Colby glared at bard “Sures she is,” he snarled “Whens was the lasts times yous used the names Desmens?” he asked “And yous don'ts evens sounds likes a Ratongas! Yous sounds mores... mores...
    Tetriemmy stood and turned “Elven?” she supplied “I was four years old. I was alone and abandoned. My accent was lost because I was raised by a Wood-Elf by the name of Balira Windfoot. She saved my life. I wouldn't be here today if she hadn't taken me in. True I know little about Ratonga culture, but in my youth there were very few other Ratonga and Mother had no idea about Ratongan culture. I'm trying to reconnect to my original culture but I need help...”
    “An elders whos knows nothings abouts ours ways. Thats embarrassings.”
    “Go to 4 Bayle in Qeynos, if you want it will be all your's. It's the best I can offer.”
    Colby sniffed.
    “That's verys generous. We'lls takes its.” Calarys answered “Thanks yous,” she glared at her husband with an expression which clearly said “This is not up for debate,”
    Colby sighed “Fines. Nows hows do wes gets theres?”
    “Daddys, I'm hungrys,” one of the young Ratonga said. The sentiment echoed among his siblings.
    “Is theres some places we cans gos to feeds the pinkies?”
    Kyriu stood “I should probably be heading back home. I can take all of y'all back to the Tainted Eagle if you would like,”
    ~~~~
    Nedrid watched the pool of water and sighed as his first idea had clearly not worked.
    “Isss there a problem Fenrisss?” Salrizar asked as he walked into the room.
    “No, I just need some fresh air is all,” Nedrid answered as he dashed towards the magic world bell.
    ~~~~
    “Yes we are in Qeynos, but we don't want to see this city become as vile and corrupted as Freeport.”
    Xia stood “You know, I spent most of my life living underground. When we received word that Qeynos and Freeport were offering us the chance to come live in their cities, we jumped at it. I chose Qeynos for its ideals. Those of my kind who who went to Freeport were monsters who wanted to be feared and who could not over come their addiction.”
    The first guard laughed “Addiction, you mean to blood? You mean to tell me you don't need blood? A vampire who doesn't need blood?”
    “No,” Xia answered “That would be impossible. The fact you're missing gentlemen is this the blood of citizens is addicting. Freeblood in Freeport don't care. They make excuses as to why it's okay. I and others like me feed on animals.” she snarled exposing her fangs “I eat animals just like you do. I just want to be left in peace to live as normal citizen. I'd like to see the world.”
    The guards took out their swords “Maybe it's time you rested in peace.” the Barbarian stated.
    “Fighting the Qeynos guard doesn't sound like a smooth move to me...” Xia sighed “I actually rather like it here.”
    Neither of them wore the crest of the Qeynos guard. In truth they were both mercenaries which had been hired by the circle to round up the Freeblood. Of course being new to the city Xia could not tell the difference.
    The first guard turned to Del “As for you, you seem to be impeding justice.”
  14. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie went to the dining hall and scanned the room. The only seats she could find we by some out-of-the-place looking women. She approached Elena and Anna. "Are these seats taken?"
    Norna looked to her sister, who had learned Thexian. "What's he on about?"
    "Who are you talking to?" Ross asked. "Who is watching?"
    "Oh, well that was rather nice of you to do." Nerry played with the coin some more, flipping it between his fingers. "There are a lot of people in this world who would have taken advantage of the poor girl's condition, if they didn't slay her on sight."
    Alaric nodded. They sat in awkward silence until Rene came out with a large tray and set it on the table. She went back to the kitchen and came out again with a large pot. "I do hope that porridge is alright. It's really the only thing we have that will feed this many people." She began to spoon it into the bowls, placing one in front of each person, including Alyerra. "There's also cinnimon, sugar and honey here, if anyone would like."
    "Thank you." Pepin said.
    Rene sat down, noticing the guitar. "Are you a musician, Miss. Alyerra?"
    Aloysiius nodded. "That sounds good." The Cragmures and Danlore nodded.
    "I need to see where Llew and Al have gotten to." Danlore said.
    "I'm right here." Aloysiius said.
    Danlore punched him playfully in the arm. "Not you and you know it."
    "They ain't wit th' Guard! They're the refuse who coul't hack it with the Qeynos Guard an' were picked up by the Circle of Gits." Del scoffed and spat at the guard's feet. "And if that's yer kind o' justice, Ay'll gladly impead it." She grabbed the Freeblood's arm and began to run towards the Guild Hall.
  15. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

“No,” Anna answered. She smiled “Ziqua, how are you feeling today?”
    The kitten grinned “Betterrr, Priestess Cooperrr,”
    “Glad to hear it,” Priestess Anna answered. Her eyes fell on the tiger cub “And who is this?”
    “This is Maheera,” Ziqua answered “She's my warderrr,”
    “Oh I see,” Anna answered “Please have a seat,”
    Calish turned to the captain and handed her the letter. “This explains everything. You'll notice how much her uncle likes me,” The letter read in Thexian: Calish, I don't have time to write how disappointed I am to see her with you again. Regardless I have been scrying on my niece for a few minutes. I assume it was your brilliant idea for her to break her contract? Or did you assume because she was Tier'dal when she signed it would make no difference? Either way the secondary effect of the contract which would trigger for any Freeblood has triggered. There is an arcane energy keeping her alive for lack of better term. The runes are slowly canceling that energy. With out this energy she will cease being a Freeblood and either simply die or worse revert back to just before I turned her and die that way, with poison burning her from within. I know of two ways to stop this. Hopefully the first one will work. You'll need an item of great value, either gold or platinum (gold should be good enough) or a valuable gem. Any arcane energy should work. It will be temporary so the item will need to be charged again. If this doesn't work then I know of only one thing that will and if I have to use it, you Maggot will pay for almost killing my niece again.
    Nedrid Fenris
    Vonelix nodded “As I said I like puzzles,”
    ~~~~~
    “Yes,” Alyerra answered. She stared at the bowl of porridge before her, wondering what she should do. She could eat it but then how long before her body rejected it? If she ignored it would the woman be offended? She sighed as she slid the bowl away “I mean no offense,” she explained “But I ate just before coming here... it smells very good though.”
    ~~~~~
    Kyriu nodded “You've got Aly playing that now. This could get really confusing really fast.”
    “Cans we talks to the Elders firsts?” Canty asked “I's don'ts wants to miss practice,”
    “Daddy where's Great Grandpas?” Fayberry asked again.
    Colby sighed “He's withs Belashka.”
    “Is he's comings backs?” Fayberry continued.
    Colby swallowed as all seven pairs of young eyes turned in question to him “You sees, s-sometimes whens a Ratonga gets reallys olds theys theys...” he turned to Rothgut “Helps mes theys is onlys fours...”
    Fayberry sat on stone inside the ring “I'm stayings heres to waits,”
    Tetri sat next to young girl “Your Great Grandfather has gone to another place. He's watching you along with all of your other ancestors. Someday you will join him where he is. For now you need to stay here and he'll wait for you there.”
    The young ones nodded.
    Colby looked at the old Cream colored Ratonga “Thanks yous.” he sighed “Nows hows dos wes gets to Qeynos?”
    ~~~~
    Nedrid appeared in Qeynos Harbor. He looked around. He swallowed and got on the small dingy headed for North Qeynos.
    ~~~~
    Xia let herself be led towards the guild hall.
    “Crimsonsong, you know there was another Crimsonsong I saw in Nettleville.” the first mercenary laughed.
    Xia turned her grey eyes now shown red. She sang Painful Lamentations causing sound to knock into both men who stumbled backwards.
    The Barbarian smiled “Did we touch a nerve?”
    Xia pulled her arm out of the Wood-Elf's grasp as she tried to control her temper. “I know what they want... if I go Inner-Demon they can call me crazed and be done with it.” she swallowed “They could kill me and call it self-defense.”
    “What was he to you?” the first guard continued . He laughed as he watched the Freeblood struggle to control herself. He removed his helm to reveal himself as a Wood-Elf.
  16. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Sylvie sat down and indicated to Ziqua and Dana that they should too.
    Brique came back with a platter of eggs and bacon, setting it down on the table with some plates and a pitcher of fayberry juice.
    "Good morning, Brique!" Sylvie said.
    The halfling looked up and his cheeks flushed. "M-morning, Sylvie. Is-is there anything I can get you?"
    "Milk and sunfish rolls for the young lady," She nodded to Ziqua. "Uh...I'll have some coffee and a muffin and..." She turned to the Iskar. "What would you like, Miss?"
    Ross read the letter. She reached into a pouch on her belt and pulled out a white coin, handing it to Norna. "See if this works."
    Norna held the coin in her hand and cast, the multi-colored lights stwinkling around her again. The light faded and she held the coin out to Calish.
    Alaric glanced at Alyerra, but said nothing. Rene nodded. "That's alright." She turned to Llew to ask something but stopped short. "Your pocket is glowing."
    Llew looked down and dug out a speaking stone, closing her eyes and concentraiting. After a bit she put it away. "Uh-Danlore is back and-"
    "Oh! We can have everyone together then!" Rene said excitedly. "All my grandchildren under the roof."
    Alaric frowned, but Rene kicked him in the shin under the table.
    Llew smiled. She could see where her mother had gotten her personality.
    "Does that mean that Charlemin is back too?" Pepin asked.
    "I think so."
    "And who is Charlemin?" Rene asked.
    "He's the Paladin I'm training under, ma'am."
    "Ands my's little brother." Toska chimed in, adding sugar to the porridge.
    Aloysiius grinned at Kyriu. "Well, that's the point of the game!"
    Danlore dug a stone out of his pocket and concentraited on his sister.
    'Hello?' Her voice sounded in his head.
    'We're back with everyone and some extras. Are you guys still at the Eagle?'
    There was a pause. 'No. Al, Pepin, Toska and I are...at Grandfather's house.'
    'Oh. Uh...where is that?'
    'It's on the highest platform in the city. It's the one with the morning glories in the windows.'
    'Alright. I'll come meet you there.'
    Rothgut nodded at Tetri. "Wells saids."
    Bella tapped her chin. "Whens you's gets to Qeynoses, I's wills shows you's our meeting place. I's cannots guarantees thats one of the Elders wills bes theres though."
    Del turned, talking to the woman in a low voice. "So dun fight. Escape an' we kin try ter git 'im out o' the Nettleville. Yer no use ter yer kin dead or in their clutches."
  17. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

“Um... I'm not sure...” Dana answered as she took a seat. “Never really had time for breakfast... my brother liked to get to work assss soon asss possible.”
    “Thank you,” Elena whispered to Brique.
    Maheera lashed her tail “Sunfish sounds good,” she told Ziqua “Tell him I'll have some too but skip the roll part,”
    “C-can Maheera have some fish?” Ziqua asked the Halfling as she took her seat.
    Calish took the coin “Thank you,” he placed the coin in Telsi's palm. The runes vanished again, but this time the Freeblood remained unconscious.
    The door opened and Nedrid stormed in.
    Gregor stepped in front of the new arrival “What brings you here of all places Nedrid?”
    “Nothing that concerns you Delmion,” Nedrid hissed as he stormed past the Freeblood Paladin and grabbed Calish. Before the Swashbuckler could react Nedrid had him pinned again a wall with his hand on his throat. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn't drink you dry.” he snarled in Thexian
    Calish fought to free himself with both of his hands “It worked the second time,” he squeaked.
    Nedrid looked at his unconscious niece and nodded “A little late, she'll be out for a while. Now as I said give me one good reason why I shouldn't tear your throat out.”
    “I'll give you a good reason Nedrid,” Gregor answered “Look around you. There are at least two Paladins in this room and more in the building.”
    Nedrid looked around “I don't care, this maggot doesn't deserve to live,”
    Telsi's eyes remained closed but she seemed to be slowly regaining consciousness as she whispered just loud enough that only the two Grayhazes near her could hear “Calish,”
    ~~~~~
    Alyerra caught the glance and swallowed nervously. She wondered silently if Alaric somehow knew what she was. She turned her head away from the gaze and said nothing. Her hand brushed the bandaged gash and she sighed.
    ~~~~~
    “I suppose,” Kyriu sighed “At least there is some way to limit the confusion... she's the only girl in the little game. Isn't she?”
    “Thank you,” Tetri answered. In truth she had simply gone by what she gathered over the course of the day.
    “Mommys I's hungrys,” Limberger said.
    Calarys sighed as the rest of her children chimed in.
    “I'm sure Aunt Senri will have enough food, we can go there.”
    Canty nodded “Thanks yous,” she hugged Bella.
    ~~~~
    Xia nodded “You're right. Maybe we could go inside?” she nodded towards the guild hall they had been heading towards.
    “You're wasting your breath Sweetheart.” the Wood-Elf Mercenary laughed as he stepped closer “Anger and hunger are very dangerous combinations when it comes to those things.” he grinned “And you are hungry aren't you beast?”
    Xia said nothing.
    ((Thanks again for the guild invite. It has been a really long time since I was able to really roleplay like that. As I mentioned before not sure how much time I'll have on Xia, but I look forward to her meeting others. Also if we're ever in voice there might be a bit of a southern drawal. It depends on a few factors mainly my mood (if I'm under a lot of stress the drawal will be stronger) or if I've been talking to Friends or relatives from down south it tends to rub off. ))
  18. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

"Oh."
    "It doesn't have to be a breakfast food. I can cook a lot of things." Brique said to the Iskar before turning to the little Kerra. "How does Maheera want that fish cooked?"
    Ross drew her sword. As it began to glow with holy light she placed the tip of it against the back of Nedrid's neck. "Things don't work that way here in Qeynos." She growled.
    "I like riddles." Nerry said. "Especially the tricky ones that get a person a pie in the face after solving it." He chuckled. "One of the older Halfling pranks, you know, is this puzzle box. It's a real hard one but as soon as a person solves and opens it theres this spring that flings a pie right into their face. It's hilarous!" Nerry frowned. Now that he thought of it, it would have been better to give the Gnome the box and let him figure it out himself, instead of telling him.
    Rene sprinkled some cinnimon into her bowl. "Llewenayah, I want to hear all about your studies. Who did you train under?"
    Llew stared into her bowl nervously. "Oh-uh. I apprenticed under Magnus Virs but I finished my training under Telamoninioon Orinsidian."
    Alaric looked up from stiring honey into his tea. "Magnus Virs is quite respectable. Why did you not finish your studies with him?"
    Llew rankled but bit back her initial response. "We had some...conflicts concerning my responsabilities at home. We voided my contract with him and Ms. Orinsidian offered to finish out my studies."
    "You should have worked out the conflict." Alaric said. "Magnus Virs' name is well known and his apprentices always go on to become powerful Illusionists."
    "I wasn't going to abondon my brother for power after we lost our parents!" Llew snapped across the table.
    Aloysiius laughed. "The only one I know of so far."
    "I think the Tavern is along the way to where I need to go." Danlore said.
    "Toskas shoulds be theres toos."
    Danlore shook his head. "Llew says that she, Pepin, Toska and Al-" He paused to glance at the grinning bard. "Aleteriq are at..." He sighed. "at our Grandfather's house."
    "Go dunk yer 'ead in th' canal!" Del spat at the Wood-Elf, pushing Xia into the hall.
    ((We're not a very demanding guild and don't mind if people aren't in often. It was a lot of fun to chat with you. Our AB RP guild kinda fell apart, so the only time I really role-play now is when Everfrost's awesome Guide Kenafein comes on for a fireside hangout.
    My mom does that with her Boston accent. We can always tell when she's been on the phone with her family back east. I still need to dig out that web cam and set it up, but I do have a microphone.))
  19. ARCHIVED-lisemanta Guest

Dana thought about it for awhile going through lists of what she had eaten growing up and sighed “Surpirssse me?” she finally said still having no idea and certain they would not have rats.
    “Why does it have to be cooked?” Maheera asked.
    Ziqua giggled. “Errr,” she hesitated unsure if that would insult the Halfling
    Maheera pawed at the Halflng to get his attention on herself.
    Nedrid hissed as he felt the blade begin to burn the back of his neck.
    Calish's face began darken as he struggled to breathe.
    Nedrid released his grip allowing the Dark-Elf to fall to his knees.
    Calish gasped for breath.
    “You should know how much this hurts...” he hissed assuming it was Gregor with the holy power at his neck.
    “I do,” Gregor answered unsheathing his own sword and causing it to glow.
    “Nedrid swallowed “Right two...”
    The red tentacled cat waited patiently for his master's orders.
    Vonelix quirked an eyebrow. “I like to figure out how things work and why they work and then how to make them work better,”
    ~~~~~
    Alyerra swallowed “If I may be so bold: I've seen Llew's power. She IS a powerful Illusionist. It doesn't matter who the teacher is it's what you do with the teaching.”
    ~~~~
    Kyriu nodded “Something tells me Dad would have had fun with this mind his name was Jacob and he usually went by Jake, but he would have loved to play.” she sighed
    Calarys and Colby nodded.
    “Can'ts wes gos tos Qeynos firsts?” Canty asked.
    Calarys sighed “We wills, but firsts I thinks we's coulds alls use some breakfasts”
    “I'ms nots hungrys,” the teen Ratonga stated as her stomach rumbled. She swallowed “Maybes a littles,”
    Kyriu smiled “I can take y'all to the Tainted Eagle” she said to the Desmens' She turned to Dan “and then to where ever your Grandfather lives,” she headed towards the ramp.
    The Desmens family followed.
    ~~~
    Xia stepped into the guild hall and looked around. Her eyes lighted on a cat. “Oo they have snacks...” vaguely she remembered being told about pets... still an idea which made no sense to her. She pondered the cat wondering how one told difference between a pet and food.
    Outside the Wood-Elf sighed “Suit yourself if you have any problems I'll be around.” he nodded to the Barbarian and they walked away.

((Right now the only Web cam I have access to is built into my Husband's computer. I've played on his a few times. Mainly when SoEmote came out he let me play with the camera. However I do have my mic and from time to time I might borrow his computer,))
  20. ARCHIVED-llewenayah Guest

Brique nodded and turned to the tiger cub. He crouched down and patted her between the ears. "Is this Maheera? Does she want the fish uncooked, then?"
    Ross kept the sword to the Freeblood's neck. "You should have better priorities." The captain hissed. "Save your niece and work out your feud later."
    Nerry played with the coin some more. "Well, why don't you tell me what we're doing. I don't want to get elbow-deep in work and get surprised by something."
    Llew was gratful for Alyerra's intervention.
    Rene glared Alaric down as he opened his mouth. She turned to her granddaughter. "Why did you not finish your studies with Virs? He did not try anything...untoward, did he?"
    Llew looked up, her cheeks turning a little red. "Oh, no! Nothing like that! It's just-he did not like the idea of me asking for time off to..." She glanced away and took a deep breath. "To look after Danlore. Dan was nine at the time and I did not want him to be alone and Virs only wanted to give me a day or two away from studies. I stormed out and he refused to take me back as an apprentice. Orinsidian was much more accomidating of my home life."
    Rene reached over and patted Llew's hand. "I think you made a wise decision."
    Aloysiius grinned and laughed, following her. "Well, if you want to play I can always call you Alriu."
    Danlore nodded falling in step with the Cragmures behind Kyriu. "I would very much appreciate that."
    Del pushed the doors shut on the other Wood-Elf. "Wha's tha'?" She asked, not actually hearing what Xia had said. "Oh, tha's jus' Ludwig." She reached down and scratched the cat's chin, baby-talking to the purring animal. "Who's a goo' lil' mouser? Aw yer a goo' lil' mouser?"