A couple Beastlord questions

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Ghoul, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Ghoul New Member

Hey everyone, I just started a Beastlord and am a little overwhelmed by all the warders and warder abilities, so I have a few questions.

Which warder is performing the best right now for grouping/soloing?

Do all warders need to be max level or only the one being used?

Also any help with a macro or general casting order would be very much appreciated, Thanks!
  2. Nutari Member

Enchanted is best for play because its a dps mob.
    You need to level up all warder types to get one spell for you beastload spell row to use.
    Every maxed warder will give you a spell which you can use but you cant use all together.
    You must choose for your beastlord row.

About game play i think this is a secret for each beastlord player because it takes a time to learn rotations, kind of play and how it works.

This is a development spend many time for myself to learn how it works and use which abilities, rotation.

So i will only say, play it, learn it, read the abilities what they do and try go get the best rotation for you.

At last, the beastlord has an energy level i call it or ingame called savaragy or like this.
    You have 4 Spells leftside of your beatlord row and i mean 5 right.
    With the left side spells you can increase the energy up to a level to 6 and the right spells make more damage as higher the energy bar is.
    If you have max level 6 you make the highest damage.

You can skill an ability which is able to freeze the energy for a time because if you get an enemy hit it will decrease a bit or if you dont fight a time it will decrease also.

Beastlord is not an easy char to play.
    There are others chars which are much easier to play.
    Moonfyre, Twyla and Ghoul like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Nutari has captured the fundamentals quite well. I'll be quite honest with you and really emphasize what Nutari said regarding a BL not being an easy character to play. It is very technically oriented and much like the assassin class in that respect. A lot of people have BLs, but very few of them play them well. The game mechanics are not the same as other classes. If you can survive that, then by all means enjoy it. Otherwise, like him, I'd highly recommend playing something else as it will be infinitely easier to learn.
    Moonfyre, Twyla and Ghoul like this.
  4. Ghoul New Member

Thanks for the responses, might I ask what classes would be considered easier to learn?
  5. Miauler Active Member

I think all the classes are fairly easy to learn, if you spend time on them. But they all take quite some time to get good at.
    Personally, I find the Beastlord to be the most rewarding of the classes I play, largely due to their flexibility.
    If you find you're doing well, and want to really let rip with the damage, then you have "Feral Stance", which gives you a set of abilities geared to doing some fairly serious DPS. Almost nothing defensive about those though, so you'd be advised to keep a mercenary around for heals if you're not in a group with a healer.
    If you find things tough, then you move to spiritual stance (which is full of wards, heals and power feeds, so you'd outperform any healer merc except for the cures); this gives the group a huge boost in resilience due to suddenly getting extra warding, healing and powerfeed.
    If you're going solo, then Spiritual is my go-to, as it's practically indestructible (barring mechanics fails).

In groups, it's a case of "It depends". If the group lacks DPS, but otherwise holds together, then definitely Feral stance to give it a good boost of damage output.
    If it seriously struggles on either power or healing, but otherwise can sort of get through things over a longer period if that's cured, then you go spiritual (which adds a lot to group resilience).

For a warder, I tend to use Dire the most (as it has an AoE component, and a very generalised mitigation debuff, so party damage output is enhanced). Enchanted does extremely well on the debuff for just one type of damage (magical) but doesn't have an AoE component to it (which speeds up solo if the warder runs off on its own, and spreads the debuff around nicely to up to 8 local mobs). Either of them work well.
    It's rare for me to fall back to the defensive warders (Aquatic, Bovine, Boar etc.), but those can sometimes tip the balance in survival (if it's a very close thing), though it's a toss up whether you'd be better off staying with a dire/enchanted to keep up what damage you can to drop things faster.

If warders end up confusing you a bit, and all you want is to do what you do, just a bit harder (especially when you're in Feral Stance dishing out the damage) then there's a nice skill called "Warder's Ferocity" that suspends your warder and gives you a straight increase to your Crit Bonus. It's practice and familiarity as to when that's useful, and when it's likely to mean you stall.

The advice I'd have on casting is "Keep using advantages from your beastlord bar, unless a Primal is available and your Savagery is over 2".
    Primals (the right hand side of your Beastlord Bar) are where the "Big hitters" come from that give the class its power.

Rather than focus on "What's easy to learn", have a think on "What would you get the most enjoyment from doing in a group".
    If you know exactly what you want to do, there's probably advice on a class that'll fit that.
    If you have no clue as to where you see yourself fitting in a group.. Then perhaps run a beastlord. It takes some getting used to, but when you get a grip on it, it's immensely flexible and fun. Both Solo and in group.
    Moonfyre, Ghoul, Xillean and 2 others like this.