A Contemporary Kelethin Home

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cearra, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Cearra New Member

Greetings, Homeshow! I don't often publish anything; however, I decided to publish this project that I have been working on intermittently for a few months, for one of my alts. If you would like to visit, it is located in Aerie Kolmas in Kelethin under the name Elladra, or on the leaderboards under large homes with the name "Contemporary Kelethin Home by Cearra."

The original home was published under the name "A Simple Kelethin Home," which was a tiny two-room acorn that has since been relinquished. With this new, larger home, I wanted to recreate the feel and color scheme of its predecessor. However, as I began resurfacing the walls, floors and ceilings of the larger acorn, I decided that it was going to be much too painful and eat up way too much of the item count. So I broke out. (And this is my first breakout home, so please be gentle. Though I'm now officially addicted to breakouts, so there will likely be more in my future.)

I hope that it still feels like you're in a Kelethin home when you're inside the house. Also, I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I while hope that it does not look too spartan, I seem to gravitate toward that style regardless. I really wanted to create more detail, such as breaking up some of the bare floor space and adding door frames and windowsills but, in the end, item count got me. So this will have to do. :)

Lastly, I wanted to thank all of the decorators of the forums and the Homeshow channel for your beautiful work. Some of the details in the home could not have come together without inspiration from all of the fantastic homes that I've toured. You all are a truly talented and kind bunch.

Here are some pictures:

Entrance (with teleport pad up to the house)
    [IMG]

Looking back on the front door once inside the house
    [IMG]

Overview of the first floor
    [IMG]

Overview of the kitchen
    [IMG]

Left side of the kitchen
    [IMG]

Right side of the kitchen
    [IMG]

Overview of the dining room
    [IMG]

Dining room server
    [IMG]

Main hallway
    [IMG]

Sun room with bar
    [IMG]

View of Kelethin from the sun room
    [IMG]

Laundry room
    [IMG]

Back of living room
    [IMG]

Front of living room
    [IMG]

Left side of bedroom
    [IMG]

Second floor deck
    [IMG]

Left side of bathroom
    [IMG]

Right side of bathroom
    [IMG]

Left side of office
    [IMG]

Right side of office
    [IMG]

One last thing that I would like to mention is that the glare from light sources in this house during Norrathian daytime hours is pretty severe. It seems to be just how Kelethin is lit, so I don't think that there is anything I can do to fix it. So if you would like to visit, I would recommend either visiting during evening hours, or turning your personal torch down to half or less if it's daytime.

Thank you so much for looking!
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

Oh wow, this is beautiful! I absolutely love all of your built-ins. What server are you on? I'd love to come for a visit!
  3. Cearra New Member

Afista, thanks so much! Oops, what a silly thing to leave out. It's on Antonia Bayle. :)
  4. Lizabethan Active Member

This is INSANE. That laundry room is killing me. Great work!
  5. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Fantastic work! /twothumbsup
  6. Bregdania Active Member

What superb attention to detail! I was really fascinated by the items you have used so creatively! This is definitely a case of "less is more" So perfectly Kelethin styled home without the nasty round walls :)
  7. Gneaux Active Member

Just Beautiful. I seriously am going to have to make a toon on AB just so I can come visit all the lovely houses there, including this one :)