A collection of quotes on SCREEN SHAKE

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Akeron, May 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elinea Well-Known Member

I never suffered any illnesses or debilitating effects from the screen shake. That said, I always get disoriented when it hits (such as the bridge in the Skyshrine solo PG mission) and at least half the time, it startles me enough to have me veer one direction or another and dive off a cliff. Thanks for giving us the option to turn it off!

:)
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

This can in no way be seen as a negative. Those that like it or have no opinion, need do nothing. Those that don't like it, can toggle it off. This is not a game altering change. It does not effect me. I will let halas and proving grounds solo continue to shake. I am happy that people can shut it off if they wish. Rainmare sounds like a troll, to me. Don't feed him. Just enjoy the game and have fun. Thank you, devs.
    Finora, Juraiya, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  3. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I wanted to say something, but my brain was full of **** after reading that mess. I think you said it better and more succinctly than I would have. Props.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

Then post your concerns about immersion features being entirely removed in the appropriate thread. This isn't it.

Whining bitterly because an option was added, (an option so it affects your 'immersion' not at all), displays a marked lack of empathy and compassion, as does your long history of telling disadvantaged players to 'suck it up' or 'play another game', rather than ask if an option can be added to allow them to enjoy the game as well.

You want. You feel. You. You. You. A lot of different folks play this game, not all of them are fortunate enough to play without limitations.

It's easy to say: I have empathy and compassion. But the words are pretty hollow when you fail to demonstrate it time and time again.

Next time, instead of thinly veiled personal attacks against another forum goer, how about you just put them on ignore, and save the vitriol.
    ugloopni, Castegyre and Juraiya like this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I just want to extend my warmest thank you to the developers for this:

"Added "Camera Shake" option under Display (advanced)  "Camera" to enable / disable camera shakes." (in Thursday's update notes)

Most gaming companies are totally heartless about this point, and I'm one of the many who has suffered migraines since I was young woman. I often have to play video games with Dramamine because well, you know... gamers can't be stopped from gaming, even if it's a sacrifice. ;)

But to have you actually give me this option makes me confident I can continue to play well past my middle age and into my sunset years. I will be here. Thank you.

((hugs)) because this is a great help to me! "Rift spell Incoming!"
    Juraiya likes this.
  6. Andrea Member

I'd also like to thank the developers for this option.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  7. Sinhika Well-Known Member

This. Also note that every "tiny" group of players you exclude is another group of players not playing the game. Stormhold was down to 12 players last night. How long do you think a game can continue with those kind of subscriber numbers?

I will note that WoW, which is still hugely popular with hundreds of thousands, if not millions of subscribers, goes out of its way to assist players with disabilities, with features like different palettes for different flavors of color-blindness. Oddly enough, their disinterest in catering exclusively to "old school", "hard-core" elitist players doesn't seem to have hurt their business. SOE/DBG's persistence in so catering has hurt both Everquests, badly.
    Juraiya likes this.
  8. Airvh Active Member

Wow, I never noticed it. It could possibly be since I've been playing EQ for so many years I've gotten used to it.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Wow does not give players this option (unless recently less than a year ago). I know, because it's one of several reasons I'm not playing there. The community there told me to roll a Panda or any pre Cataclysm race and to "try and stay out of" some of the zones.

Stormhold's quietness has nothing to do with alienating anyone. Everyone's having a good time on FG. That's not a loss of subs.

Why editorialize about things hurting Everquest 1 or 2? Both games are well attended for their age. Overdramatizing imo.
  10. Nilka Member

Amen Rainmare, I want the world to shake when I pop a big boom. I love the oceans roll. I have my sound turned up so I can hear ppl walking behind me, I want it all, it totally makes the game for me
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm happy for you. I'm even happier that they made this an option for those who were bothered by it. Hopefully a colorblind mode is next.
  12. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Locking this up! There isn't really anywhere else for this thread to go, considering the discussion accomplished it's goal of making screen shake optional. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.