A brand new website with an all new players section!

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lempo, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-lordvic2 Guest

my big question is this do we finally get to see our test server information....it would be nice if they added that I would understand not adding test server to game discoveries. but it would finally be so nice to be able to have all the same access in eqplayers that others that play the game have.
  2. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Are you seeing any data for Freeport server?
  3. ARCHIVED-Grumpy_Warrior_01 Guest

Jarazi@The Bazaar wrote:
    Maybe a bad idea -- for example: what if a new AA was tested that doubled your rare harvests, and then a few days later the developers decided not to use it... but in the meantime you harvested a ton of extra rares. What should be displayed? Same with any change to Test. Even comparing test server players against each other would be questionable since temporary balance changes could skew the results day to day, depending on how long the feature was in the game.
  4. ARCHIVED-lordvic2 Guest

those of us on the test server aren't ones to really track that stuff. but we do have guilds that we would love to have links for our rosters, we would like to be able to pull up our toons and look at something when we are not in game. why should a whole service not be available to someone on the test server? Do we not count?
  5. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

Jarazi@The Bazaar wrote:
    I could see test on there...Because, isn't it basically just another server where they throw updates up early? Obviously they shouldn't do Test Copy..
  6. ARCHIVED-EQ2Playa432 Guest

Server Status on main page: Freeport isn't there!!
  7. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

Does the ability to look at a list of someone elses alts still exist? Is it live yet?
  8. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Kalian@Nagafen wrote:
    Yes it is. It's just listed under Everquest II now instead of Everquest II Extended. :)
  9. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    If messages alone were the concern it wouldn't be an issue - they are easy enough not read. The problem comes in when you suddenly find yourself in a group with someone you are trying to avoid. Or even worse, someone you are trying to avoid being silent about who they are, grouping with you, listening to you speaking and interacting with others for a few hours, and then revealing who they are. Yes I'm talking about true stalking. Right now there's nothing a player can do to guard themselves against it because finding out which characters are connected to an account is impossible. I'm not suggesting you give away a person's RL identity - but it would be lovely if you could at least tie toons together and know they all belong to the same individual so you could truly avoid them if you wished to.
    I've also always thought it funny when guilds have rules against players being in other guilds or other raid guilds - the game offers no way to truly verify this because someone can just buy another account and again ... there's no linking between them that lets anyone see they are owned by the same person.
  10. ARCHIVED-Buneary Guest

Vallar@Guk wrote:
    they are never gonna make a way that you can link someone's character to a specific person.

if someone has multiple accounts - you can't know that. there really isn't a way to make you privy to that info without revealing personal info about said person. and, if the person has their accounts in different names, different payment methods, different addresses, etc, there's nothing there to link them together. SoE themselves can't tell that the account with the SK named Slarn under Bob's name is the same person using the account with the Templar named Hijkle under Sue's name. or, what happens if multiple people have the same exact name/similar info or live together? do you really want your characters being mixed in with some completly different person? so now, people can think someone else is you and vice-versa?

everyone has right to the ability to hide their alts. myself, do not like other people seeing who all my characters are. its not your business. allowing others to see your alts could allow just as much stalking as not being able to see someone's alts. a stalker can just look up your character and then see who all your other characters are, makes it very easy.

to those guild masters that get upset with people who have alts in other guilds... why should you? why does it matter? why do you care? paranoid? mad that your guildies need to "get away" from you when they use an alt? or do you think you're some kind of "god" that needs to have supreme "all-knowing" of all of your "subjects"? if they have multiple accounts, your not gonna get privy to that anyway.
  11. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

Buneary wrote:
    I say let each guild have the option to decide what they want to see from their members. Some just want to ensure (as well as can be expected) that they arent letting a previously problem person back in. For example - they wouldnt want someone who presumes that anyone who disagrees with them must have self-delusions of godhood. You play your way ill play mine. A player though, I agree - should ALWAYS have the option of locking their accounts - just like in the old EQ2players. Having the option to do things is never a bad thing - so long as the individual player can control those settings.
  12. ARCHIVED-ratbast Guest

some of the guild leaders who want all this info about players private account toons would make great fascist dictators. they already have the correct mindset about personal independence and privacy. apparently north korea has an opening. imo guilds are more akin to political alliances than slavery contracts. honestly i can see how a power hungry guild leader who works his butt off recruiting (spamming for hours) might get confused. HE EARNED THOSE RECRUITS (thru blood, sweat, and tears) AND THEY BELONG TO HIM! the alt policy of Blackhawks jumps out at me. I have been very fascinated by their phenomenon. They have a huge roster, but their general reputation is awe inspiring. I would have joined long ago, but they have a strict policy (from their website) about showing alts and having alts in other guilds. Based on how guild leaders improperly blow up with drama, I dont think they have earned that right to ask for private info that will impact your entire playing experience. I wouldnt divulge my alts voluntarily unless they had earned that trust. guild app is wrong place to ask for alts. some guild leaders are jerks. in fact, 2 guilds ago the leader was in level chat shortly after i joined listing alts of a player he had dispute with, and ASKING the server to blacklist him. personally i wouldnt put myself into the situation of the kicked guild member, and i know the guild leader on a personal level now, and he definitely has some great qualities, but he is not deserving of alt info. his response to drama with other player was shameful. (i also assumed the guild leader's perspective was true and the other guy had done something messed up). IMO asking for server blacklist borders on stalking and harassment. combined with knowledge of alts, it can be devastating to someones playing experience.
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Kind of a shocking post, but I'll reply anyway.
    It's true that the personality that drives one to be a guild leader can occasionally be the same personality that leads to running a guild poorly. I've dealt with more than a few megalomaniacs in EQ2. It takes a certain amount of leadership, teamwork, and personal fortitude to consistently raid 3 nights a week and strive to defeat difficult content. It's not for everyone.
    Unfortunately, as the Stanford Prison Experiment proved, placing people in a role can make that role very "real" for people in even a short period of time. People tend to stay in guilds for months after the warning signs should have told them to leave. Fortunately, this is a video game and people can leave any time they want.
    SOE has already stated that they do not allow the "calling out" of players here no matter their behavior. There are other venues where it's allowed though.
  14. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Nerolathe@Butcherblock wrote:
    However, if they add Test to the rankings etc., items discoveries would have to be excluded. Test nearly always gets content first and therefore would have already discovered everything before the live servers got a chance.
  15. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

Buneary wrote:
    Some of us Guild Leaders have alts that are not in the guild so that we can escape the madness having the role sometimes throws at us ;)
    Been looking at the Android App - ForeverQuest today as it's just had the XML feed added into it. I love the amount of details there - apart from the thought people can see what plat you carry without any security... They might mug me!