A Big Thanks to Gninja

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Bhayar, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I wanted to give a shout out to Gninja for coming in on Sunday and fixing the Hibbie/Jurie problem a number of us were experiencing doing the new TS line. While we often take people to task, we don't always say "thank you," when something is addressed.
    I know some will say, "yeah, but... (fill in the response here)." Point is, he came in on Sunday am and fixed the problem for many of us that were gated from finishing the questline. He could have just as easily kicked back on Sunday and we would have waited until Tuesday for a fix.
    So, regardless of what anyone might think, I want to express my thanks and acknowledge you for giving up part of your day to fix this issue. In my mind, it says a lot on several levels.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Here, Here!
    I can rather feel for the DEVs, in some cases a thankless job; one that is met by so much complaint and whine for what amounts to very difficult and at times quite creative work.
    I have enjoyed the "interactive" terrain found within the collapsed caves :D
    I personally would love to give more accolades,... were we to know what was happening,.. behind the curtain ;)
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Agreed!! Thank you! And yes it is not said nearly enough for what they do. I'm sure they get tired of being yelled at all the time by people and feels good to get an atta boy/girl from time to time.

You guys are all appreciated even if you don't hear it enough.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is most of the time, a thankless job and when you say thank you, a whole horde will descend upon you saying "why are you thanking them for doing their jobs?". My answer, common curtesy. I thank the person that does the checkout for me at the market, the person that does the bagging of my purchases, the waiter or waitress at the restaurant should I be able to patronize one, or any other person that is performing a service whether it is paid or not. Curtesy costs nothing and I was raised to be polite and courteous to others whether I am snarky or not.

When I was a screw or a Death Row Guard, I would even thank the inmates for following the directions they were given and not giving me any hassles or any reason to have to write them up or take action upon them. Treating others with respect, dignity, and curtesy costs you nothing, and in return will get you respect, dignity, and curtesy from others.

I send out a THANK YOU to Gninja, Kaitheel, Gnobrin, Ttobey, Chrol, Kander, Caith, Windstalker, Roxxlyy, and everybody else at DBG for everything they do, yes it is their job, but that matters not to me, they love what they do.

Let the hordes decend!!!!
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thank you for sorting out Thurgadin for us today Gninja:)
    Niami DenMother and Cyrrena like this.