A Bard's Fail

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Temporia, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Temporia New Member

Troubadour's "more useful" buffs or Dirge's ability to resurrect... what is more useful to a party or raid?

I love support classes, so for me whichever class helps out more would be the one for me. I find myself seriously on the fence about it after reading both old and new forum posts about it. Seems these details change a bit with every expansion. I have seen good arguments for either one and I've been debating it for days.

Also, while I am asking questions, I cannot seem to find a lot of useful information on this game at all. It seems that there are not many sites that cover this game and a lot of it is either outdated or incomplete. Can anyone direct me to a site that is a hidden gem in this sea of misinformation?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Mages and other classes that rely on spellcasting want a troub. Classes that do melee damage want a dirge.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

4. Temporia New Member

Thank you very much for your help.
    I am still not sure what to pick though, because I don't have a particular class I want to support... what class would be considered more useful to a raid party or a guild?
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's entirely dependent on the raid force. Both are useful and used in a raid at same time as Sig already implied in her statement. So asking "which is more useful?" is pointless, because the answer will always be, "whichever class we don't have in the raid force." Check which raid groups are advertising for a bard and what type and go from there. Realistically, pick one of them that might be more suited to your play style and go in search of a raid that needs your class. Building a toon around what the raid force might need can be problematic.
    Pixistik and Dude like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

BOTH flavors of bards are needed in raids. The mage group needs a troubador. Melee groups need dirges. Either class is useful in single groups.
    Pixistik likes this.
  7. Rubick Well-Known Member

Troubs are overall better but they are a dime a dozen compared to dirges, so you're more likely to fill a missing niche on a dirge.
  8. Seefar Well-Known Member

Who are you calling a dime a dozen?

Oh, ok, fair cop guv....
    Pixistik likes this.