95 Heroic Token?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mystyrys, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Mystyrys Well-Known Member

I have a level 95 Heroic Character token sitting in my bank. Is that the same thing as the green up arrows you see in the character select window to upgrade to 95, or is it a separate thing? If different, how are they different?
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Well they do the same thing but you have the token so you can use it for no extra cost. Just use it on the character you want it to apply to. (I think you put it in their inventory, right click and chose "use".)

The green up arrow opens a window where you can buy the upgrade for 3500 DBC, it may also have the option of a free trial but then the character stops being useful after you reach level 96 unless you pay for the upgrade.
    Mystyrys likes this.
  3. Mystyrys Well-Known Member

Ah! Thank you. All the googling I did was just not clear if it was the same thing or not.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They might have the free level 95 that we got that didn't have a bauble. We had to use the green up arrow, so that option may be there as well. Think it was just prior to KA releasing, or maybe further back.
    Mystyrys likes this.
  5. Mystyrys Well-Known Member

I used the bauble that has been sitting in my shared bank for ages gathering dust. I don't recall when I got it. I seem to remember it being a lower level at first, and then automagically getting higher as each expansion came out.

I finally decided to use the free 100 we recently got on my main and decided to use the 95 on what I call my main alt. Love it! I may level up more. It wasn't the DBC cost of it that I questioned; only if the bauble I had in the bank was free or not (so I could buy some extra DBC if needed before using it) and if it was different in some other way than the paid version.

So... there's also a free 95 maybe?
  6. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I wonder if Sony Online Entertainment didn't hand out free level 85 baubles as part of the welcome back package after they had closed down their games for an extended period due to a hacking incident in 2011.
    I used mine but didn't play that character much and she was automatically upgraded to level 90 at some point, she still has full sets of both level 85 and 90 armor and potions, apart from one of the pieces of level 85 armor that I destroyed to test the purple "INDESTRUCTABLE" label (it wasn't indestuctable).

I don't know if they handed out any free level 95 baubles, not to everybody anyway.
  7. Momo Well-Known Member

It's indestructable in so far that it doesnt break when you die. Wich is pretty useful if its your beginning character or leveled up from very low, when the repair costs are more than you've ever earned before ;-)
    Hexalobular likes this.