93 to 95 Equipment Upgrades

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-Kraqen, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kraqen Guest

Will the new expansion include equipment upgrades for havoc marks? If so, I assume it won't follow the 'buy every level' dynamic. Should I be hoarding my havoc marks or will the 92 armor still be great? I am worried about another gear 'reset' where the solo questlines trivilize current EM raid gear.

Has anyone heard anything about itemization (as it relates to BG's)?
  2. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Kraqen wrote:
    Nothing official, but the money on the street is no new BG gear will come with launch and level 95 raiders will tromp BGs.
  3. ARCHIVED-lazarus104 Guest

I certainly hope not... the way bg's are now actually offer the non-raiders a good way to get endgame geared. Which (don't get me wrong) ticked me off when bg's first came out, but at the 7-8 year mark for the game and with the ability to chat with your guild while in bg's, it's not a big deal anymore. Also if bg gear is made to look like crap again(and it will, not by the raid gear of the expac but by the crap ya find doing solo quests) it will render bg's useless and dead once again, as it did when bg gear was rendered useless by the invention of crit mit.
    Please make lvl 95 armor for bg's, not lvl 93, 94, and 95, cuz that's a bit much but just a set of 95 stuff that'd cost maybe 10k tokens and allow casual players to have a taste of the endgame.
  4. ARCHIVED-sveppir Guest

I certainly hope there is 95 PVP/BG gear on launch. And the 92 gear should be a progression upgrade for it or all the work put into obtaining it was futile. Plus it allows non raiders on blue servers a chance to get some high quality pieces.
    Comparing the 92 raid gear to the 92 BG gear, they are virtually identical apart from toughness/lethality in place of one pve ability. How hard could it be to copy and paste the 95 stats from the EM raid gear onto a new PVP set? I am no developer but it would take me maybe an hour per archetype tops...

edited for spelling
  5. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

this "candy" PvP is becoming more and popular as player that are 100% against any type of PvP wet their feet for gear upgrades and decide they like it and stay. to keep this momentum the gear needs to be upgraded accordingly or BG's will fall off the grid again. i thing bg's is great specially for days that i only have one or two hours play time. instead of sitting around waiting for a group to form or doing some lame solo quest, i can que up for 4 or 5 games, have fun and get some tokens.
  6. ARCHIVED-sveppir Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    Exactly!
    But right now, with the level increase so close- it would be good to know if we are just wasting the hard earned tokens we have by purchasing level 92 gear. Or is upgrading now going to help us in the long run? The BGs are much more fun when one is wearing proper gear, and it sucks to be level 92 with non pvp gear or 90 or 91 BG gear and sitting on enough tokens for the upgrade but having no idea if we are going to throw that gear out in a few days.
  7. ARCHIVED-afterhourpro Guest

You can goto the BG zone on Beta right now and look at the gear. The 95 armore came in 2 types one cost 1500 tokes the other was the 4K ver dont know if it will stay that way. Also looked like all you needed for that stuff was level 94 for like 500 tokens and that didnt need any older gear to buy right out. They could have just thrown some stuff in there for beta though but if ya get a chance go check it out I didnt have alot of time.
  8. ARCHIVED-sveppir Guest

I did check it out on test and I was very happy to see there is 95 gear. Hooray for that!
    The prices look to be the same for the 3 new sets as the prices for 90 91 92. Seems totally fair.
    The thing that bums me out is the still fresh 92 gear is totally garbage now- all those thousands of tokens and no trade in value. My 2 hander alone cost me maybe 13K tokens and not even a discount on the next set? Just mute it, adorns and all? That sucks big time. I have had it for about 3 weeks now.. and worked really hard to get it. Poof! Next week it's garbage?
    Seems to me that if we can trade in gear for the upgrades all the way from level 10 to 92, and then again the next sets to the top tier of 95 that the 92 set that costs so much more than any of the lower level sets should have some trade-up value.
  9. ARCHIVED-sveppir Guest

Just popped in for a closer look and it is 3 tiers of 95 gear. Not 94 and then 95. The first set (400 to 500 tokens per piece) is a huge downgrade from the 92 PVP gear available now. It is also a big downgrade from the UD Dozekar head lvl 92 Sky Shrine gear.
    But not only are we forced to buy it under the current system on Beta, most people won't even be equipping it.
    Please PVP Dev make it so all the time and effort people have spent on the 90-91-92 pvp gear was not a completewaste of time.
  10. ARCHIVED-Balrok Guest

Spoke with the Dev about this...
    "A way to upgrade current t3 gear into new t3 gear is coming. It’s not in yet!"
  11. ARCHIVED-Sanaz Guest

Exur@Nagafen wrote:
    Maybe a good method for all would be a sell back Npc for 3/4th the marks or all :)
  12. ARCHIVED-sveppir Guest

That is great news!
    Trading up to the new T3 level 95 gear is perfect.

Where is a Champagne Popping smiley when you need one?

Exur@Nagafen wrote:
  13. ARCHIVED-dobretsberger Guest

Here is a comparison of the new Lv95 T1 - T2 - T3 equipment.

Edit: Tiers are obviously in the wrong order, LOL
    it's T3 - T2 - T1 instead :p
    [IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-kamochi Guest

Exur@Nagafen wrote:
    It would be better if they had lvl 93, 94, 95 upgrades. It makes sense from what we had recently, and would make a nice progression of armor and lvl'ing. I see the pics of lvl 95 gear. Just change them to be 93-95.
  15. ARCHIVED-sveppir Guest

The gear was +196 to stats when I was on beta last week. Did they ninja nerf it already?
  16. ARCHIVED-Orthureon Guest

dobretsberger wrote:
    Um why in the world would anyone upgrade to T3 gear from T2 with the current stat difference. It is so miniscule it is laughable. What you get from T2 to T3:
    • +10 to primary stats (str, sta etc)
    • +2-3 DPS
    • +1-3 Multiattack
    • +1-2 Critbonus
    • +0.5 - 1 potency
    No increase to white or blue slots. It would be nice to have a Red slot on at least a few of the pieces.
    I would not grind 3K or more tokens just to get those horrible increases, as I am sure many of you will not.