93-95 Spell Discussion

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Mohee, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Assuming 93-95 will be just like 91-92, lets see at what conjuror's have to look foward to.
    93: Aery Hunter VI - Scout pet. Our scout pet (Swashbuckler class) has been useless for so many years now. No matter the AA spec or gear, this pet does less than HALF the DPS of the mage pet. One possible solution to allow players to enhance this pet, is allow melee stats to be transfered over to our melee pets! This would open up more customization options for conjuror's to really "play their way."
    93: Quicksand VIII - Root. Useful in some situations, but not used very often. 0 usefulness in raids and most high end heroic mobs.
    94: Masters Intervention V - 1 Trigger pet Death Prevent. Moderately useful spell.
    94: Sacrifice VI - Not a very useful spell. Does not crit! Otherwise it would be a great spell to use! I think the only reason anyone would ever use it as is, is for the teeny tiny amount of power gained from it. As is - low to 0 usefulness. This spell needs to crit!
    94: Winds of Velious IV - DoT + Snare. Good spell.
    95: Elemental Aspect VIII - Group buff (+Max Power & +Elemental mitigation)
    95: Fiery Magician VII - Upgrade to Mage pet, hopefully a decent appearance this time, as the Conjuror pet appearances have been terrible. This is our only useful pet for DPS. Does 2x the damage as the Aery Hunter.
    95: Roaring Flames VI - Dumbfire pet. If it's anything like the rest of the dumbfire spell lines, no one will have this on their spell bar. They aren't AOE immune, they do not crit, they barely do ANY damage even if they lived through AOE's.
    Lets recap on what to look foward to in terms of spells...
    Aery Hunter VI - useless...
    Quicksand VII - mediocre
    Masters Intervention V - mediocre
    Sacrifice VI - useless...
    Winds of Velious IV - good
    Elemental Aspect VIII - good
    Fiery Magicion VII - good
    Roaring Flames VI - useless

further discussion welcome!
  2. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Pretty much my thoughts. It would be cool to see cool new skins for our pets. Necros have cool skins, we should too. Or... give us the option to choose which skin we would like to use as an "appearance". Because imo the best Conjy skins are the earlier versions (lvls 1-20). I'd much rather stick with those instead of the dog (displacer beast) we get.
    But what oh what to go for... I wouldnt mind a Phoenix skin for the fire pet. Or maybe just a giant fireball! Heck it would look better than what we already have. But tbh I will probably just keep using the Faerie Dragon Petamorph. I also would not mind seeing our "fluff" Fire Elemental illusion be our next pet skin. It looks at least like an elemental and not a dog.
  3. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Something I was thinking of while playing my Necro: they get a Control Undead spell. While not particularly in the common rotation, its a fun spell sometimes. I wouldnt mind seeing this for Conjys for Elementals. Bind Elemental? Control Elemental? Elemental Servitude? A couple names.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

So SOE, do you plan on fixing Scout pets any year soon?
    Also, Sacrifice still doesn't crit.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chilly420 Guest

The guys that design the pets were very excited about the new pets they drew up for both classes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

whats the point in wasting time designing another scout pet when they are USELESS? Along with half of our upgraded abilities we'll get from 93-95.

SoE, you can't just cover up all the TONS of broken crap with the conjuror with a new pet appearance and prestige points...

sorry, but it won't make us forget the things you still haven't fixed for YEARS and YEARS...