9 second delay

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Pixistik, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Looking at some of the bows, it seems to me like a 9 second delay for a level 50 bow is pretty excessive, am I wrong?
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, my character could die in that interval.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You can change the delay to 6 or down to 4.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

How, by buying extra stuff from the marketplace?
    Thats stupid.

Even the level 20 bows are at 9 seconds...who is signing off on this garbage?
  6. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Why does it matter? The damage stayed the same right?
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Probably so, go buy one of those things and see
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

You don't have to purchase from marketplace. Unless you mean TLE servers, then no idea.

Deepforge Advanced Weaponsmithing : for the craftable versions of the 4- and 6-second delay items.
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

ty
    Xianthia likes this.
  10. Kuulei Well-Known Member

No,
    the four and six sec delay is on broker for a gold
    Mermut, Xianthia and Pixistik like this.
  11. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I agree with you. But this applies not only to bows and not only to lv 50 or 20 of course. Many players rarely use auto-attack during battle, but are mainly used only spells of himself toons. Sure, devs may reduce delays to values ​​that are similar to those who there are for cold melee and ranged weapons in real world (for example, an archer-warrior takes aim and fires an arrow about four times faster if he hesitates of course, as if enjoying a shot). This could work like this: for an auto-attack, delay is as in real life (constant value for delay is faster than now in game), but as soon as you click on spell icon with mouse, that does any harm to enemy (for any spell of course), delay increases to value ​​that we see now in game (for duration of cast of this spell). Given that in any case, players will continue, out of habit, to perform certain sequences of spell work in battle, an automatic attack will not occur often or will not occur at all. So for most, the fix will not be seen. But then damage from auto-attack will return to its better and absent at this time game values. As I remember it, on this forum some have earlier complained about weakness of auto-attack. So point is in the delay, in how it fits into mechanics of this game. And I think that I know why they don’t want to and don’t make conforming correction, and why they reduced damage from auto attack (and will not increase it, will not return). But I don't want to write about it. And how it's now it in this game, caused many conflicting feelings, up to loss of interest in EQii. You can just kindly laugh at fact that our characters are so clumsy as the mercenary for whom Raffik hired teacher. Such they are ridiculously slow. But of course for example me, this doesn't stop from playing (in this game positive, in my opinion, still outweighs what seems silly for somes). Many years Internet made fun of this slowness of characters in EQii. But in end, those who because of this turtle speed, didn't begin to play here now play games in many other respects, more deficient and unmeaning in comparison with this game
    Or deepforge advanced woodworking. Both of these recipes (requires 100th tradeskill lv) make delay weapon modifiers. Because I have not yet received one of these recipes for my tradesman (it requires buying CD (requires expak terrors of thalumbra including in it)), I can’t say what ingredients are required to make these modifiers. Are they available through harvest/drop, or again, will need some difficult conditions for their receipt? From my experience, I have reason to suspect that it will not be easy to get them, or in my case even impossible. We'll see. Thanks Pixistik for asking in your theme, thanks to which we saw here answer from Xianthia; and many thanks to her for providing useful info to many :)
    Pixistik, Breanna and Xianthia like this.