8/16/2015 Cant Start Game

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Naychan, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Naychan Member

I was logged on this morning and logged out. When I logged in at 2:15pm EST Launch Pad starts and then I get the error "There was an error completing your request. Please try again." This happens when I click on the play button. I have already validated all files, they came up fine. Ran as Admin and same results. I have tried selecting no toons and each of my 7 toons, same results. I have had no windows updates install today. I have updated no drivers today. I have included a link to dxdiag and msinfo results http://1drv.ms/1JkZkP6 . I am backing up the folder now will try uninstalling the game and reinstalling clean.
  2. Grouse Active Member

I was having problems with system hangs while playing, so I ran the Win 8.1 compatibility trouble shooter. It stated that it found some incompatibilities that it fixed. Now, when I attempt to start I get the same exact error. Complete file validation did not have any results.
  3. Grouse Active Member

Figure this out: I started using the EQ2MAP updater and it apparently fixed the startup problem.
  4. Naychan Member

I just uninstalled the game and cant download again now so going to wait a while and see what happens
  5. Grouse Active Member

I spoke too soon. It would not allow me to login, complaining about a password issue. I tried another account and it allowed me to get to the character select screen. I exited and tried again with the both accounts and they failed again with the above error message. EQ2MAP Updater did not help this time.
  6. Bohannon New Member

Do NOT do this! It is at their end. Just wait till they resolve their problem.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  7. Naychan Member

Caith likes this.