7-Year Veteran Reward: Mistmoore Crag Estate

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Palleon Guest

10 days to go!! Come on!!
    I have lots of plans for it, and have been practicing different layouts in my New Halas house. I now have stacks of Black Marble walls and floors waiting to move in :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Has anyone else noticed the peculiarity in the accounts with the number of days vs. the time in years/months/days?

7 years in days is 2555 (7 x 365 days).
    I currently have 2542 days on my account. Now, by all rights, I should be able to expect to claim my Crag Estate in 13 days, right?
    WRONG.
    When I mouseover the days, it converts them to 6 years, 11 months and 11 days - i.e. 19 days to go (or possibly 20, who knows with that system).
    Somewhere, 6 days have gone walkabout.
    Even if we were including leap years - there's only been 2 leap years during that time ... so at best, they've still lost 4 days somewhere!
    It's not just me. The same thing is showing on all my eligible guildie's accounts.

Not a great big problem as problems go. At worst, we all wait another week. And I have time to get more grotto items before I claim my grand estate. But still. Hmm.
  3. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I *think* you'll be able to claim it when your account age is 2,555 days. If I recall correctly there was some kind of explanation for the 2 totals not matching. I believe they adjust your account age in days to make the bonus from expansion time actually equal a full year instead of just 360 days.
    Don't quote me on that, but I *think* that's what I'd read somewhere.
  4. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Aww thanks Senya. Guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks, mm? *grins*
  5. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

I got mine today, now I am curious if I can move out to another house and still be able to live in the Crag later?
    I moved there with a toon but not sure I want that toon there, but I don't want to lose the ability to live there just because I am not ready for it yet.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Bratface wrote:
    Yes.
    You will also be able to freely switch your Crag from Qeynos to Freeport and back and not lose your rights to the house.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Thanks, I feel much better now!
  8. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Bratface wrote:
    You got the 7 year reward today? Funny that I started day 1 and have not had a day lapse and dont have mine yet...
  9. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

I just discovered the Mistmoore Crags Estate by accident while attending the Freeport city festival.
    From what I can tell, this estate is located only in Freeport or Qeynos... and as I have moved all my "good" characters to New Halas or Kelethin and all my "evil" characters to Neriak, I can only say that I am disappointed. I have no intention of moving any of my characters back to either Freeport or Qeynos (not even for a free house), which means that this veterans' reward is worthless to me.
    How about making a portal to it in each city and not just in the two original towns?
  10. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

Cyliena@Everfrost wrote:
    None of my characters live in either of those towns. I almost never even visit them. I hate Freeport and my dislike of Qeynos is only slightly less. That places this housing in a VERY out of the way location.
  11. ARCHIVED-Raetsel Guest

discoed the blood signed contract yesterday on valor. I started not on day 1 but on day minus 2 (whenever the servers went up) and my account age showed exactly 2555 days.
  12. ARCHIVED-Palleon Guest

Yes, it would be helpful to have the portal put in all towns. I prefer the New Halas layout to any others, as I dont need to keep zoning just to check the broker!
    Please SOE, can we have a new portal location?
  13. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

You can bind in any town of your alignment now, so if you are good but a resident of Halas you can bind in SQ right by the portal to your house without changing your residency. There are also brokers in both SQ and SFP as well. The SFP broker is right by the bell. The SQ broker is in a building near the end of one of the streets if I recall.

From the patch notes:
    GENERAL

You can now bind in any city of your alignment:
    • If you are a citizen of Freeport, Neriak, or Gorowyn you can bind in any of these cities.
    • If you are a citizen of Qeynos, Halas, or Kelethin you can bind in any of these cities.
  14. ARCHIVED-Maisland Guest

Senya wrote:
    That does not change the fact that I do not want my house to be located in either Freeport or Qeynos. I would only claim this on my alts anyway... even if the portal to it were located in one of the cities where my characters live. I have my main's house in Neriak decorated just the way I want it.
    Actually, I see no reason why I would ever bind my recall point to any but my home city anyway.
  15. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

What would be great is to have also a zoning point in Loping Plains, regardless of alignement (hey, it's supposed to be in Loping Plains !)
  16. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Senya wrote:
    True, but not everyone wants to change their hometown bind to a different one just to get a portal to MM estate. I prefer my call set to my hometown where I craft and do my biz. If I have a skiff or MME, I would prefer to have portals to those places within my home town - perhaps inside the housing area.
    Asking me to port to Q or F then to SQ or EFP? to get a portal to my skiff or MM estate isn't very good in the logistic dept.
  17. ARCHIVED-Motzi Guest

Adding housing as a 7 year vet reward wasn't very good in the logistics dept either.
    I know as a 7 year vet, housing and the time I spend in it is a *huge* concern
  18. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I just learned that the Mistmoore estate did not get a 100 item boost like the other manor houses so it's still at 600 items without any buffs applied. This point should really be changed in regard to the huge size of this house. 700 items can be not enough for a regular manor, so it can't be enough for a house the size of a T2 Guild Hall.
    Please, get the size limit from 600 to 700 on this estate!
  19. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Can't you apply both the 100 item Sage crafted Pocket Expander plus the Station cash 200 item expander? Then the MME would have 900 item count.
    If SoE does raise the base count to 700; then you would be able to play around with 1000 items for your estate!
  20. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Aside the point they was trying to make. The default limit should be on par with other houses of the same tier.

Anyway i just got my 7 year house last night. My shadowknight loves it. Which is saying a lot because it's hard to get her to love anything. :p