7-Year Veteran Reward: Mistmoore Crag Estate

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

In reference to my earlier posts, it turns out now they have toured it, none of my guildies actually want the house either!
  2. ARCHIVED-Hecula Guest

Indalecio@Befallen wrote:
    I'm just curious how natrual disasters or being deployed to Afghanistan prevented anyone from keeping their account open. Really easy to set up autobilling for your account if you knew you were being deployed. And even after Katrina, my family down in Houma was able to get online shortly after the hurricane.
  3. ARCHIVED-Bmitchell64 Guest

Hecula wrote:
    So, recovering from a natural disaster or going to a combat zone is less important than EQ2 account maintenance??? The system is about money for SOE, but folks have a right to vent about how reality sets in and makes the EQ world less important.
    In my case I was in Iraq when EQ2 first came out, so I missed the first year, even though I bought the game during my two week leave from having mortars and rockets fired at my base, (just didn't realize the immediate impact on my EQ2 life). Well, I will just wait the extra year to get my 7-year mansion (just hope the world does not blow up before then).
  4. ARCHIVED-Bmitchell64 Guest

ShinGoku wrote:
    What were the negatives? I can't tell much about it from the pictures; by the posts it seems like it is a lot of space but not much separation into individual areas. Since it is free, there no reason to refuse (especially since EQ2/SOE are not going to give any options). Maybe the concept folks thought this would be a big winner, but did not remember that people want more than a big cathedral-looking house. I wish they would do something like giveing free residence to big mansions to the folks that have been on for five or more years and the character is 70 or higher. (Yea, that is my senior character, but I already have a magical manor).
  5. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Bmitchell64 wrote:
    There are in fact, several areas that are separated in various ways. One way is the portal hall with doors on 3 sides. One leads to a round portal in which there are various areas off that. And of course, there is a balcony. Seven rooms is a lot of rooms - but these are HUGE rooms, not the tiny FP/Q/ etc. 7 room houses.
    You can view it in person by going to SQ to a portal that is next to that flying ship inbetween the two Bayle street houses. I'm not sure where the portals are located in FP or if any in NH, Kelethin, Gorowyn or Neriak. Just click on the portal and select "tour".
    It is HUGE.... and the ceiling has to be at least 30' tall! So lots of room for making your own city apartment slum, or secret tunnels, basement, attic full of ghosts, graveyards, haunted effect, rich society effect and on and on. When you zone out, you land right where you clicked on the portal.
  6. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Is there an item limit to how much crap you can stuff into the Estate?
  7. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    Yes its huge, a little too huge in my opinion.

I take your point about creating your own space but I prefer my make believe to involve killing gnolls and pysically (well in game lol) going out and doing things that both myself and my friends can enjoy. By this I mean something that actually has a point to it and isn't just a make believe thing.

When I said too big, it is huuuuuuge but what is the point to having that space when you can simply pop to your GH and use the amenities etc there? You can't place THOSE in your house etc.

On a side note, I tried to post using the phrase "n i p" to your GH, apparently thats a naughty word now lol
  8. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

ShinGoku wrote:
    Yes, for some people like you and I, it is a bit much. However, for others, it's an awesome canvas waiting to be decorated using all sorts of ideas. With the layout program, it's now possible to twist, turn, angle every piece of house type item into all sorts of scenery.
    But like you, I tend to be more pragmatic. I use my house for the mirror mostly and for broker useage. I use to go there frequently for transportation goodies, but with everything changed with the bells, druid/spires - there is really no need to go to the house except for the mirror.
    I have one apt decorated - kinda - a 2 room EFP restaurant. Never did get around to figuring out what to do with the "new" room attached to it. Most of my characters live in the starter apt. Only one has the 6 roomer in SQ on Bayle Street, but it's hardly decorated. Just stuff put here and there, just in case I ever do decide I want to do something with it.
    Yet, I can still admire the talents of people who make something awesome out of the typical house items supplied by SoE.
  9. ARCHIVED-Alexandrea Guest

I'm not going to pretend and say I read all 16 pages of this thread but I did a search and saw nothing come up under "days counted", or "account age".
    I started with EQ2 basically on its release day, it says I have 2351 days but when you scroll over it, it says 6 years, 5 months and 4 days. This is with the bonus of Flames, Sky, Faydwer and Kunark. I am wondering if I have to wait over 6 months then for this house then? If I am understanding this right...maybe I'm not.
    I happen to be that small minority who loves decorating so I'm bummed about waiting soooooo long if I have to wait until "7 Years". Odds are I'll leave and head to RIFTS by then but if I can stand the wait does my canceling the account for a few months slow the days down? Is there some bonus days for Sentinel's Fate? I have that expansion but no added days for it. Curious when some others are eligible for this compared to me.

Happy Halloween all.
  10. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

As I understand it, your time is reduced by any days you did not pay for the account, even if you subbed on day one.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    I took a 2 year vacation after the game's first launch because it put me to sleep a lot. When i reinstated my account it was much better and i was credited for my time away strangely enough. So i'm not sure if that is the case. Or perhaps i got some rare bug that gave me the unused time. I should be getting the 7 year house a few weeks from now.
  12. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Eschia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It all depends on when you did not pay. A lot of people that claim to have quit but still are fully vested seemed to have quit in the first years. The veteran status was always supposed to be for time PAID but something obviously was not working correctly. So they eventually fixed it, leaving those that benefitted from it as they were but all future people that unsub were not credited for the time they didn't pay for.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nakaru-Nitepaw Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    Ah ok that explains it. thx
  14. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Cynith@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I have to say I agree. I want that LP house SO BADLY. The Mistmoore one is cool, but it's too---clean. And bright. I want dark and cobwebby and spooky kthxbai.
  15. ARCHIVED-Alexandrea Guest

Anestacia wrote:
    Ahh yes that might be it. I know very few people who have played since day 1 like me who have not over the course of the game, taken a break at one time or another. I have twice, after the first year and then again last year for about six months (about exactly how much time I am missing). Sad really. This game has so become about the RL cash at this point with the "marketplace" and such. Maybe now is a good time to retire for the third and last time, sucks really....I was so looking forward to decorating that house but it's not worth a six month subscription price and wait.
  16. ARCHIVED-Qetesh Guest

I love the whole idea of the veteran "estate", and can hardly wait until it comes available for me and my characters. My only question is, what is this mysterious contract? :) Not sure I am ready to sign away my soul just yet, LOL!! Even if you aren't into decorating...this is an awesome and generous gift. I love decorating though, and will sure enjoy seeing what I can do with this new home.
  17. ARCHIVED-HaliLee Guest

I went through about the first 7 or so pages, but that's as far as I got. So I am also at 6 yrs 6 months and recently signed up for the 12 month subscription. So am I to understand that they will not take that into consideration? From what I understood, they used to consider time paid in the past.
  18. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

No. You don't earn vet time for time paid in advance. At least not anymore. I've read that once upon a time you used to, but for whatever reason that was changed. You'll get your house in 6 months if your account is 6years 6months now.
  19. ARCHIVED-HaliLee Guest

THank you Senya. :) 6 months seems sooo far away! LOL
  20. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

HaliLee wrote:
    if it helps I have 3 years 8 months to wait.