51-60 Spell Screenshots including new 50 spells

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Kalel22, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-*P*Grass Guest

this is just wat i knew was going to happen make warlocks like necros were in eq1, have them debuff and have pwr drains and stuff but a pet? this is one thing i do not want as a warlock i picked a sorcerer not a summoner.........................

and again we have nil distortion but no upgrade??? looks like we will be useing our lvl 37 nuke at level 60 grey grey grey.
    everything else looks fine but their is no nuke.

this patch will make or break the game and its on corse to be broken.
    Message Edited by *P*Grass on 08-22-2005 05:38 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Crystal Arine Guest

[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]!?!?! Are you kidding me? OMG I can't believe this! I've always tried to think on the bright side of things and be optimistic but OMG this is a freakin snore fest! [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]!! I love my damage right now and for some reason or another I hate AOEs in most cases. In my expierence 7/10 mobs are single target! UHHHHGG! I can't believe SOE would do this [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] to us! Is it really that hard to balance 2 classes? No its not but in SOEs case it must be. We got ramped...hard....

/vent off

It's really not all that bad. I'm sure warlocks will always have the best DPS. After all what is Ice Comet going to do? Ice me to death? Everyone laugh at the wizzies they will never pass our superior DPS! I'm acually looking forward to this revamp I'm sure we will do TWICE the dmg if not MORE!!

/sarcasim off

But seriously the devs might really want to relook these spells and maybe add some surprises. I would also like to see Null Distortion upgraded to maybe give me some hope. It may be the time to hang up the cloak and drop the staff for me but I REALLY love the warlock class and would hate to do that. Who really knows this revamp could turn out for the better but atm the look of things seem like we will be chewed up and spit out by wizards...

(crosses fingures) :smileyindifferent:
  3. ARCHIVED-V4nce Guest

I am sure there are not enough warlocks to matter to SOE, but I strongly advise to not buy the upgrade unless they show us something a whole lot better than this.
  4. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Well I guess what it comes down to is this -

Moorgard in his (in)famous dps tiers post indicated that same tier classes should do comparable damage in 'most' situations. Now 'most' situations in this game means single target non-raid mobs, so that means if SOE know what they're doing then Warlocks and Wizards should do comparable damage to single target non-raid mobs. Given the information we have at the moment (which admittedly may change) 50+ it looks like Wizard single target dps will be in the region of twice ours (need to do the math properly but at a rough estimate 5k from IC + 3k from ST + 2k(?) from BoF 51 upgrade + 3k from Icy Wind = 13k while we'll be able to do 3.5 k from Dev, 2k(?) from Null Distortion and 2k from Nil Absolution = 7k). Now I'm sure that there's more to it that that if we take into account the length of the fight etc etc, but it's pretty clear that there's a massive disparity.

So my challenge to SOE is this - come here and show us how Wizard and Warlock dps is now 'comparable' in 'most' situations - show us that's you've managed to meet your own stated goal, because unless I'm missing something it looks like you've utterly failed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Nazowa Guest

The absence of a decent DD nuke must be a joke right ? They cannot be that silly right ?
    Who cares about silly pets if I wanted to bother with pets there are already 2 classes with pets.

Message Edited by Nazowa on 08-22-2005 02:37 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-xschakalx Guest

seems that we are the new rangers.

SOEs tactic: better make 100 wizis happy, then 50 warlocks.
    we are not enought. thats the problem. worse luck!!
    Message Edited by xschakalx on 08-22-2005 12:42 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

But it shouldn't be an either/or proposition, there's no reason why SOE can't balance things properly so that Warlocks and Wizards are both happy. Unfortunately the concept of balancing stuff doesn't seem to have sunk into the SOE mindset yet, despite what they claim to be doing with the dps tiers, they seem to be stuck with this notion that one of the sorcerer classes must be broken at any given time, first it was Warlocks, then Wizards, and now Warlocks again.

Sigh...
  8. ARCHIVED-Stradeus Guest

OMG this is just ridiculous!! Is the new 51-60 Wizard spells posted? Maybe they get the same style of spells.... well I hope so!
    I Don't want to have more power than Wizard but we belong side by side in dmg with them! I didnt complain about the spell change on test cause I knew we were too strong compare to wizard, but these spells are just not right.
    Maybe it 's time for me to blow the dust from my fury afther all ... :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

I believe that they get similar upgrades - the problem really lies in the new Surging Tempest nuke they get at 50 - that's whats really causing the disparity. We are both dps sorcerer classes so spell aquisition should be,largely,equivalent - but in this case Wizards get a 3k+ nuke and we get an AoE teleport spell that no-one will ever use because your tank will jump up and down on your head if you start teleporting mobs around the place.

Possible solutions are to either replace that ridiculous teleport spell with a dd for us, or alternatively reduce the recast time on Surging Tempest and link it to Ice Comet.
  10. ARCHIVED-Burnout Guest

spellupdate is every 2tiers brief - so, wizzis get theire t4 dmg spells upgradet - we get our t4 uttility spells upgradet. a simple continue of the spell-lines. this did leave in t5 wizzis with t4 nukes while we got our ae upgrades, now its vice versa. anyway - some points are a slap into warlocks face:

- wizzards upgradet icy wind = devastation, where is our ice comet analogon?
    - wizzards get another high dmg nuke at 50, where is our analogon? (make that teleport spell usefull, min range and teleport in line of sight of warlock and i'll keep it)
    - why does our lvl51 distortion line spell not have descent dmg?
  11. ARCHIVED-Andre Z Guest

I'm pretty depressed since i saw those "Upgrades" to warlocks. I'm pretty sure they will go in such form online if last 10 months of eq2 could speak for anything.
    Masters of manadamp - there we are altogether.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sorengard Guest

I guess we should of just wined as much as the Wizards did, because apparently it works. What away for SOE to reward us for being content and not just sitting around complaining about are class since day one, thanks Sony now we know to get any thing done you have to to wine an pout. So all Warlocks start wining and pouting so maybe when the next expansion comes out they might actually balance us.
  13. ARCHIVED-xschakalx Guest

i know the order of upgrading spells.
    but what we got is not an upgrade, its an deadly nerf of our strength.
    the warlocks strongest single nuke makes 1/4 of the damage the wizards do with 2 spells. instead of this the wizards got their AE pushed to be on the same stardard as our strongest AE? so i want my single pushed to be on the same level as the wizards lvl50 nuke. only as adjustment
  14. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

The sad thing is, if these changes go live, that's exactly what will happen - Wizards will gloat over their now uber dps and Warlocks will whine over having the nerf-sledghammer reduce them to mush - and after 6 months or so of this SOE will do another 'balancing' patch and reverse the roles once more and start the entire cycle again.

You'd swear SOE were producing a daytime soap rather than a game.
  15. ARCHIVED-xschakalx Guest

lol, nice analogy :D
  16. ARCHIVED-Modean Guest

My god Warlock's have been over powered... I never really bought into that till I read these posts. How the hell did so many newbs make it to 50 unless it was so.

LOL

Nice spell list, thanks for posting it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

If you're not going to post anything that adds to the conversation then please don't waste your time and ours by posting drivel like this.
    Message Edited by Magiocracy on 08-22-2005 06:24 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

Why did we get turned into a DOT class? I never read any posts from Warlocks asking for this type of change. Unless you have a pet (not a DOT that looks like a pet) or some form of CC, DOTs are useless for soloing, since we have neither (thanks to the changes to our stuns and roots) we have gone from being one of the better soloing classes to one of he worst. Also, our AE and high damage DD spells (not really that high any more) have had their casting times increased; it will be difficult to cast those spells with mobs beating on you (three seconds is a long casting time, four seconds is forever). Also, all of the new spells do poison damage (except for the stuns which are cold damage) - what happen to disease damage? If a mob is poison resistant we are out of business. We have gone from being a versatile, hard hitting, damage dealer who could play well in solo, group and raid situations to a one dimensional, slow hitting, second class damage dealer that needs a group to survive.
  19. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

Ok the spells suck, we all agree on that, but for the few of us sticking around regardless in this class, lets get some more detailed info and share spell useage stratagys, because i dont know [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] about being a pet class. One big question i would like answered is how much HP does our Netheros have and so forth, i mean it would only be fair to tell us how much of a beating it can take before it dies, because i for one am sure going to be using it to solo since we dont have a root anymore. Oh and sorry because i dont play a pet class, can we cast any buffs or procs on our pet, because this would also be nice to know.

All helpful information and or tips would be apericated. I know for one it'll probally be alot easier to relearn this class as a whole rather than still figuring it out some of the way in a month because i just rerolled necro.
  20. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

I don't think any version of Netheros is a true pet, it's just a DOT that looks like some type of NPC and helps generate lag because there's even more NPCs to render.