51-60 Spell Screenshots including new 50 spells

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Kalel22, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

I didnt grind to 60 all the way.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

Ok I ws PISSED before now I will make a better post:

1.Our DD is ridicoules now...no need to explain.
    2.Once again we got a few broken spells :/
    3.Wizy got another uber spell (the new fire comet) while we get nothing to be similar to devestation or even nil abs.
    4.Our new 50 spell gonna get us BUGGED and mad adds...like bony used to do....we all remember adds from a lower floor in some dungen...and stuff like this.These uncontroled pets will rpobably get us tons of "wall adds" and similar things...basicly another "no hotbar spot" spell.
    5.We lost most of our ablity to chain cast now since we got so many shared timer spells.

A wizy can now kill ^^ in 15sec time frame of thier strong root:
    Root,Ice comet,"fire comet",fire ball upgrade & some other big nuke they got...5+5+3+2=15k in about 15sec.....not to mention then can use the 2sec deter comparable spell to give them 4more secs+1.5k (t6 spell).

Dont forget the numbers are apr1...nukes get MAD at adept3 compared to apr1 while aoe's upgrade alot less :/

So we lost all our soloing ability,we are now only good at mutli target groups.Even then we are comparable with wizy.
    Since they got comparable aoe's to our best t6 got now good aoe in it.They got icy winds and inferno.

Is this a better post? This isnt whining its a legit complaint about lame changes.
  3. ARCHIVED-Balbaroth Guest

quote :
    Now with these new spells Im kinda worried about our DPS as compared with Wizards. With Wizards they get a new spell at 50 that does around 3k dmg on a 1 min timer with the ability to proc a small DoT and 300 ish dmg per cast on the mob. They get IC that can do 5k to a single target every 45 secs. Devast has the potential to do only about 3500 with my self buffed Int.They also gained the Icy wind change, which is essentionally is a devastation. It ticks for only a 150 or so less and its a 16 sec recast!! Now this supposed to the wizard answer to Nil Absolution it but it out dmg's Nil absolution soundly. Sure Nil Abs is on a slightly lower recast but its getting its dmg owned by Icy wind. With the addition of the new wiz 50 single target nuke that will out them ahead of us in DPS. We have nothing that counters that. We get an AC debuff and a nice new DoT and they get a 3k dmg single target nuke? I guess we will have to see how this plays out with ad3's but as it stands now the wizard will soundly outdmg a warlock on single targets.

Hello there great post about all spells i wish i could find thoses 51+ spells capture for wizards too, before pressing panic mode about the new lvl 50 wiz spell that dish huge magic damage try to think a bit ice comet spell is always getting resisted or its not working on alot of mobs so i havent test the changes but seriously i would bet my carpet that that magic damage based spell is LINKED with ice comet so we dont be able to chain thoses 2 i think they made that spell only so we can use a high nuke on a immune ice monster so please stop worrying about it :)

Ragnor lvl 50 Wizard Kilticor Server :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Thanks for that thought Ragnor - I was thinking the same myself - having the two big linked nukes at 50 might be SOE's way of getting around the resists issues that Wizards have been complaining about (correctly). I would be useful to have confirmation of this from a beta Wizard.
  5. ARCHIVED-Andre Z Guest

Thx for those screenis :)
    At least now i sure we will suck im damage appartment comparable to our brothers Wizzards. So much for "balance".

Im sure Summoners will outdamage us 100% of time at single target ( read solo ). This is completely wrong.

*totally disgusted*
  6. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

These spells, well theyre horrible, theres like nothing new, only upgrades, and bad upgrades on crappy spells at that. This has the be the MOST DISTURBING THING ive seen since ive started playing. Now i was a warlock before we got our dmg boost and this look WORSE than it was orginaly for our class. Now im not going to stop playing, but most likely im just going to be using stupid spells to avoid running out of power and mabey casting a bunch of pets to make it "appear" im actually doing something useful, and bust out a ton of AoE's when i have to when group gets in trouble. I seriously hope this is looked into before it goes live or is at least changed after the fact even.

PLZ BE GOOD AT PVP, hoping this is what saves this class, or we have nothing left.
  7. ARCHIVED-Magiocracy Guest

Been thinking about this spell list a bit more, and although I still think it looks awful, there's some critical information we're stil missing.

1. Adept3/Master1 damage on Null Distortion (the 51 spell) - presumably this will be our main single target nuke.

2. Real fixed numbers for Soul Blister (once SOE decides to fix it that is)

3. Until we see the Wizard spell list and know if the big new nuke at 50 is linked or not to Ice Comet or anything else then we can't properly evaulate the comparable dps.

The sky may not quite be falling, but it's looking decidedly lobsided at the moment :)
  8. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

What we also must remember is that this isnt the finished product. They have been changing stuff since beta and this is just the latest change. We still have a few weeks yet to go before DoF is released. Warlocks did this same song and dance when I posted the combat changes. Dont kneejerk reaction this stuff. I mean they just 2 days ago added these all new spells. Give them a break and wait until we see DoF live and make 60. I wouldnt be surprised if we get a big single target nuke at 60 that they arent gonna show us in beta. Take a deep breath. It will be ok.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dhashian Guest

Would just like to confirm what kalabus said. I created a 50 wizard on beta, and ice comet and their new 50 nuke are definately NOT on the same timer. Used one and then the other in quick succession.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

You created?
    You mean transfered or something?

Can you make any class at any lvl on beta to help the checks?
  11. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

If this is true and these really are all the spells currently in Beta, then...umm...wizards will have double our dps (or more) and we will fall behind necro's and conjur's by quite a distance, in addition, to .... scouts. Yet...we have the least utility of them all, as well? LOL
    And don't even give me the 'we have better AE dps' speech. 1 or, at most, 2 AE's plus single target nuking will always be superior dps even if there are a large number of mobs in the encounter. This doesn't even take in consideration the larger power cost of AE's or the aggro that goes with them.
    I'm really trying to not freak out about this, but I've invested a ton of my time into my warlock and if we become the class that can contribute nothing except amazing dps on grey or green AE encounters, then I'm done and I won't be in the minority that'll be walking either.
    Want constructive criticism? Pull your heads out of your [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot], do a spell/skill lineup of other "dps classes" and balance them. Sorcerors should rule in burst dps, Summoners in longer-term affairs. Fix the resist issues, make our classes different yet enjoyable and able to contribute to any given group/raid situation. Now if that wasn't obvious enough for you or too high of a demand, well guess what? This isn't a marriage -- it's entertainment only. As such if you can't deliver, we're gone.
    Message Edited by Splatterpunk28 on 08-21-2005 04:43 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Daerv Guest

Whatever do you mean?! An AE teleport (melee-annoyance-generator) is FAR better than a 3k nuke!

The biggest problem with this whole combat update thing is the poor communication on Sony's part. They need to be telling us where they see the various classes fitting in and the reasons for the various changes. It's fine them saying "oh it may or may not go live like this because it's not finished yet!" but that just leaves everyone hanging.
  13. ARCHIVED-Hardjards Guest

Gotta aggree with Badjuju/Splaterpunk here, the spell lists look horrible, infact embarrasing!

I DONT WANT TO BE BAGED AS ONLY A BLOODY AOE NUKER!

I DIDNT SPEND ALL THIS TIME BECOMING ONE!

AOE NUKERS ARE USELESS IN THE MAJORITY OF RAID SITUATIONS!

Well lucky for me being a 50 sage I can keep experiancing all the fun of just Tsing (sarcasm) because nobody will want me to group with them and god knows we will no longer be able to solo anything but greens.

WTG Sony!

Bring on Dungeons and Dragons online, because if this is what they offer me I will not be back.

Harrakan 50 Warlock 50 Sage and 50 x pissed off.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jordann Guest

"Yes. You remember what Netheros looked like at ap1? What did you expect some huge Spectre at ap1? Please post constructive or devs wont even look at this. "

I was just depressed that we are still fighting DEER!
  15. ARCHIVED-Findarato Guest

The current spell list seems to be missing any sort of damage spells. Other than ones tha require the using of nil crystals. They wouldnt be so bad if getting nil crystals was easier to get. Sure you have to debuff nobs to get them and if the debuff is still on you get the crystal. How about allowing one of our nukes to proc a nil crystal when it hits or a dot to proc it when it finishes. It might be just me but keeping on the debuffs can get annoying and when your grouping landing it and keeping it on every mob gets annoying when you can spend them soo fast.

To even the playing field between wizards and warlocks they need to add in some sort of new 1-2k AoE. Or give us some sort of DD in line with the wizards, even if its level 60, give us a 5K DD spell. Sure that wouldnt be even exactly but it would still give us a DD thats close to what the wizards get.

Grouping as a warlock has lost the majority of its fun. Having to keep like 4 dots on the mob at all times to make sure that your dps is going well is BS. I woudl have rerolled a wizard when my warlock was 20 if I had known that to be usefull I had to spam dots over and over. Last I checked warlocks are sorcs, not summoners. Giving us a new proc pet spell, and 2 new pets in 51-60 is a slap in the face. Sure we are not exactly a DD class I didnt expect it. But we should not be a pet class. When you level though 10-20 you get to "taste" the 2 sub classes. Not once do I remember having a pet, or a huge dot that I had to rely on. I dont remember leveling to 50 with having to depend on a few fast dots to keep my usefullness intact. Sure I was 50 before devastation and Dark Nebula were more than copies of Ice Comet but poison. But it was good then. Wizards and Warlocks equally sucked. Our spells were even and so was our DPS. When you revamp a class (Sorcs) once and then define them as they are now life was good. We coudl out DPS a wizard on groups, and they could out dps us on Single targets. Life is good. Wizards get resists life is bad, but spells say life is good (Fix Resists for wizards, Please). When doing a total revamp of classes its wrong to force a sub class (Warlocks) to TOTALLY relearn their classes, then give them nothing of the new class in the 10 levels that are added. SoE Claims that we are now the AoE damage class, and that we rely heavly on AoE damage, and Wizards to be Single Target DD. Thats fine. But when you give out new spells keep them even, 3000DD/60 seconds adds 50DPS to the wizards, where as our new spells add what.. 150 every 4.8 seconds which is 31.5DPS, thats if every tic lands for the same amount of damage. We have to still worry about Poison resistance where they have to worry about magic saves, which not a single Mob is resistant to. Then you give us a proc PSC (Piercing, Slashing,Crushing) debuff. How does this help warlock? Ok it helps our pets do more damage, but when did we become necros? Sure the PBAoE port spell is cool, too bad its random and not a set min distance. I have used it a few times in beta and seen the 3 mobs that got close enough for me to use not move at all, yet I know the spell went off because they were stunned and slowed. IF your going to add in a port away spell then please add a min distance for the port so they are actually AWAY from us when it goes off.

New level 50 Sugested Changes
    Remove PSC Debuff
    Add 750-900/tic (5) (App1) Magic based Devastation (They get new DD, we get new AoE)
  16. ARCHIVED-Burnout Guest

check those recast timers, check those casttimes, check the manacost - run a little calc... :smileywink:

i see wizzards chaincasting that hyper-dmg-spells... and then running away from the mobs cause they get agro - oh wait - they can't run cause they are oom...

Message Edited by Burnout on 08-21-2005 06:04 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-MilkToast Guest

Thanks for posting the screenshots.

I have nothing good to say about thoses spells. Lots of crappie upgrades to crappie spells and DOTs. I would have never played a warlock if I knew what SOE was going to do to the class.
    Message Edited by MilkToast on 08-21-2005 06:20 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

one thing i noticed is that most the spells are at app 1 so the damage isnt that great on them. and if they are correct on damage output increasing greatly from app 1-adept1-master 1 then its not that bad. but from what i see i like these spells and most are upgrades to older spells but thats how it was when we were griding 20-50

anyways thanks for the screenies kal
  19. ARCHIVED-SmEaGoLLuM86 Guest

Looking at these spells I can tell the devs spent exactly 3 hours making these spells and giving the spells names. Where has the imagination gone and not only do the spells sound like [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot], we get some useless new spells - spell which lasts 10 seconds and has a low chance to do basically nothing, I'm really going to cast that spell a lot.
    Our single target dps is [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ed. They killed our distortion line of spells - nil distortion, null distortion at 51. I cancelled my subscription a week ago and it ends on the 8th of Sept, it looks I won't be coming back to eq2. It was a fun 8 months.
  20. ARCHIVED-Banshye Guest

As another poster mentioned, I'd be very interested to see the damage on Null Distortion above Apprentice 1.

While I appreciate some of the utilitarion spells such as "Seal of Ebon Thought", I fear we are fast becoming a second tier DPS class and I think it's unfortunate. Collectively, with the impending combat revamp on test, these 51-60 spells represent a complete departure from the [Sorcerer: Warlock] career track that I signed up for back in November.

The only good news that could be plucked from this sow's ear, might be that the emerging corps of fledgling Warlocks would likely be quickly reduced to only a stalwart few.