500 Bonus scam?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AngryConjy, May 10, 2020.

1. AngryConjy Active Member

ok now I am really bugged.
    I used to buy the 500dbc once a month for members. today I learned that if selected you decrease my dbc balance by 500. this is not a gift. If I want to BUY I WOULD BUY. I HAD 1325 IN DBC, after the redeeming of 500, it decreased to 925. This is wrong on so many levels. Don't tell me I am getting a rebate If I am paying for it myself.

Just curious what would happen if my dbc was 0, and I click to receive my 500 monthly "rebate"
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It sounds like a bug. It works fine for me.

You should create a petition.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The 500 dbc is a monthly stipend you get for being a member. I don't know how you actually "buy" it. You click on "redeem" when it comes up and you're done. Unless you happen to use the 500 on buying whatever they're selling in conjunction with it, which will ALWAYS cost you more DBC than your 500. I have never redeemed my monthly 500 DBC and wound up with less...not ever. If you're click on "buy" to use your monthly to get a merc crate, pots or whatever they have for sale (usually 3 different items), than yes, you'll wind up with less DBC.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. AngryConjy Active Member

Bhayar. I've been playing for almost 115 years I KNOW how it is suppose to work. stating that TODAY it did not work as intended. The only way I knew about it it because I was Looking at the number 1325 before I realized it was a bonus time.
  5. Kittik Well-Known Member

Daammn....a time traveler has revealed themselves. Plus, whats EQ2 like in 100 years?
    Hartsmith, Daelini and Geroblue like this.
  6. dorotea Well-Known Member

Bhayar. I've been playing for almost 115 years <

Oh my. And here I thought I was an old-timer.
    Cyrrena, Hartsmith and Geroblue like this.
  7. AngryConjy Active Member

ok mistakes happen 15 years
    Hartsmith likes this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

you get 500 and then you spend 500
    what is the issue?
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  9. Sowy Active Member

This is what would happen:

You would type /allaccess claim
    Your DBG would go up from 0 to 500.
    It would then ask you if you want to buy one of these three items for 500. If you decline, your balance would remain at 500.
    If you choose one, the balance would go back to 0 from 500.

I'm not sure what the problem is here?
    Cyrrena, Laita and Xianthia like this.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

When it's time to claim the all access 500 dbc, and you use the command /all access claim it automatically adds the 500 to your dbc total. It doesn't wait for the customer to decide if they want one of the rebate items or not. The total you see includes the 500dbc that you just claimed.

If you then decide to claim/buy one of those items, it then deducts the 500dbc. However, if you don't buy one of the three rebate items, the total is correct.

If that's not what happened, you should (if didn't already) submit a petition as that needs to be fixed/addressed. It may still be worth it to petition so you can get clarity as to what happened. Good luck!
    Cyrrena, Laita, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  11. AngryConjy Active Member

1. I been all access from the beginning 15 years ago.
    2. I know the drill. I used to just spend the 500 on 2 mercs.. no problem. it was an option
    3. this is on my secondary act. as stated I started with 1325, and ended with 925....
    4. at different times, I've had 0 dbc, no problem I then had the 500. no problem.
    5. sometimes I accumulated for 4 months to have 2ooo. (as I traveld in our RV and only logged on to collect the 500.
    6. on my main act. I am not due to get 500 until the 18th... I will double check and see what happens then.
    7. if the same thing happens, then I will submit a ticket on what happen.
    I think that covers all
    Hartsmith likes this.
  12. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

You can log in to your account and view your account history to see what went wrong. Then supply that info in your petition if needed. Good luck!
    Cyrrena and AngryConjy like this.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Bhayar, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I have had this happen when I chose the merc crate (I think, whichever option only costs 500 dbc) and it deducted the 500 from my balance instead of my balance staying the same. This was on a secondary account that I only sometimes have all access on. I just opened a ticket and was refunded the 500 dbc. But yes, it does happen. It actually happened twice on that account.
    Cyrrena, Chienne-Guk and Breanna like this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Which may be the reason you suffered a net loss accidentally. As previously mentioned, I'd be submitting a petition if you haven't already and checking your account history as also mentioned but be a good idea.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Have you checked the ledger transactions(account history) confirming the balance before you claimed the monthly bonus?
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Actually now that I think about it, I was actually charged the regular price instead of the 500 dbc 'special' but either way a petition is the way to go. Worked for me.
    Hartsmith and Cyrrena like this.
  18. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Funny, I came top eq2 as an All Soe member and had access to all their games with no additional monthly fee, just buy the initial game. They change it in later years to all access. I have never not have this. So I don't know where you get this started in 2011 when I first got it while still playing EQ1
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

In 2004 when EQ2 launched there was no all access or All SOE option, there was a subscription only, that was it. That is what Avithax is talking about.
    Hartsmith, Breanna and Dude like this.
  20. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

1) /allaccess claim
    2) your dbc increases by 500
    2b)at same time, 3 offers are presented. you have 15 mins to accept one, or you can X out right away
    3)if you X out or let timer expire, you keep the 500. if you accept the offer, you accept that item/s in lieu of the 500
    3b)in which case you arent being robbed of 500, you accepted an item instead of the 500dbc

i dont see the issue here. it has always been straightforward to me. something of note though...i dont ever see a 10 pack of crafting progress pots on the mp. they are only offered 1 for 100, making that offer actually worth 1000 dbc, not the 500 it states. there also is no 2 pack of familiars on mp, the value of that offer should be around 1200 dbc. so you are basically offered 3 discounted items once per month. it is at your discretion to accept them or not. just be aware that you are choosing the offer OR the dbc; not BOTH. ;)
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.