50% OFF Marketplace For Members: Dec 31-Jan 1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@ Chikkin (can't link to your post, keep getting error) - I did as you suggested just to be sure! and it's still 50%. I got charged 500db for each purchase on this account. I checked my other accounts (who can pass up 500db for character slots :p) and those too were charged correctly.
  2. Grimmonur New Member

I also bought a new char slot and was charged 900. It showed 500 at 50%off but charged 900.

Order Date: 12/31/15
    Billing Detail:
    EQ2 In-Game Consumable
    EQ2 Consumable In-Game Item 900 Daybreak Cash
    santargria likes this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the missing discount for marketplace seems to be isolated to Skyfire server only, everybody else gets 50%

are you on Skyfire Grim?
  4. Grimmonur New Member

Yes I'm on Skyfire. Maybe it is only a Skyfire issue. Don't know if I can buy some of the things I want on the TLE server.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I made my purchases on AB.
  6. Gatlor New Member

Skyfire here. Did the same thing with fuel depot. Showed 500 at checkout, but took 900 out of my account.
  7. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I noticed under the Frostfell Items that the Reindeer Mounts have been removed during this 50% off sale on the marketplace :(. I really wanted to purchase one :(.
  8. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Skyfire here. 0 for 2 on purchases.

Fix yo mess, Daybreak.
  9. Eradani Well-Known Member

i bought a 1000db harvest depot and it showed as 500db which happened to be exactly what i had. now i have 0db (correct) and a harvest depot (also correct).
  10. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

skyfire... only ot 10% discount mercs, elven bathhouse etc...
  11. Mystfit Well-Known Member

(Skyfire) Aye, I bought something at 150, it SAID 75, but took...well, whatever 10% of 150 is, math...bleck.
    I did it as a test, got an adorable puppy out of it ;)
  12. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

was it sky myst?
  13. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Yes, I edited it above..:)
  14. menolly New Member

Same here. My mom and I both bought a heroic upgrade and it showed the 50% off at checkout, but only took the regular 10% off. We are both on Skyfire. I hope they fix this soon and the missing dbc is put back in the wallet.
  15. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

holly tweeted they're looking into it for us on skyfire... now whether not we get our money back in time... and she just said in game they fixed it...
  16. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Saw that. Not seeing a refund for what I got bilked for.

Not. Pleased. At. All.
    santargria likes this.
  17. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

we have to petition for the refund... but the response is there is no refunds...it's an auto-response too
  18. Anaogi Well-Known Member

...ooh, wrong answer Daybreak.
    santargria likes this.
  19. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

now you know why i was so pissed in general, i had just read that when holly sent out the msg it was fixed.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Note that DBG's servers have been under a pretty obnoxious DDoS attack for a couple of days now, so I'd tend to think (Occam's Razor being what it is) that this might contribute to purchase problems. The attacks have lagged or outright crashed servers, the Forums, etc.

Meanwhile, some tips:
    • DON'T reverse the charges on your card. Talk to DBG and let them get it straightened out. They tend to ban if you reverse charges, then you have to fight the ban as well as arguing about the charges.
    • DON'T give up. The folks who deal with /petitions don't seem to have a huge staffing level. If they try to close the ticket before you agree that the issue is solved, just go back into the petition and reopen.
    • DO take screenshots! I usually nab a screenshot of the page as I order, it's a helpful record to have.
    • DO keep your purchase emails! DBG *also* emails a purchase confirmation, so double-check your junk email to make sure that it didn't automatically get sent to the dustbin.
    daicia likes this.