50% Instant Rebate on Almost All Marketplace Items!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Sep 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

[IMG]
    Beginning this Friday, you’ll get an instant rebate on almost anything** in the EverQuest II Marketplace! When you buy an item, 50% of the cost of the item will be immediately refunded to you!
    This weekend is a perfect time to stock up on any Marketplace items you’ve had your eye on! So whether it’s a leaper mount or an appearance armor crate, what are you waiting for? With a rebate this large, you can get both!
    The sale begins Friday, September 28th at 12:01 pm (noon) PDT and runs through Sunday, September 30th at 11:59 pm PDT*.
    Happy shopping!
    *Convert to local time

**Experience Potions, Wyverns (Mounts and Beastie Boxes), and Nightborne Robe Crates not included
  2. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I was excited when I saw this until I saw that the Wyvern mounts are not being included
  3. ARCHIVED-Paddyo Guest

Experience potions: does this mean no rebate on Vitality pots? Or just XP pots?
    Love it when you have these sales. Thanks!
  4. ARCHIVED-Foxblade_SithLord Guest

its nice and all but dont you have to have the full price to buy it and then you get a rebate on it so you wont really be able to buy 2 or 3 items you like technically unless you buy enough sc to buy every item you want and have extra sc that you might not need or want to spend it on right?
  5. ARCHIVED-Mccar42 Guest

Foxblade_SithLord wrote:
    As far as I know,
    here is an example,
    You start out with 1500SC.
    you spend 1000sc on 1 item, it takes 1000sc from your wallet and than gives you 500 back plus the item.
    You now have 1000SC to spend. than spend another 1000 > Item +500 back> 500sc left.
    You now bought 2000sc worth of items but only spent 1000sc. but you needed to have 1500 sc on hand to do it.

Basically yea you need enough to buy the item to start with but you only spend half of what you normally would so you can buy more stuff with the same amount of sc. At least that's how I understand this.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Short version, to buy everything you want to get, you need at most half the regular price of every item but the most expensive, and the full price of the most expensive. If you start your buying with the most expensive item, full price of the cheapest + half price of everything else will probably get you through.
    Still more SC than a straight 50% off sale, but it is less than if you buy everything full price.
  7. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

Glenedhel@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Ok sucks, since I bought one of those a week ago, but since they aren't included I don't feel so bad now.
  8. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

retro_guy wrote:
    The wyvern mount was the only thing that I was interested in buying. I won't be buying one now until they go on sale at a later date.
  9. ARCHIVED-ForumNameHere Guest

Does this offer include the purchase of 'additional character slot"?

EDIT: tried it, no joy. 1000 SC with no rebate. Think it should have been listed in the no rebate list, seems only fair.
  10. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Well they are pretty new still.
  11. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

ForumNameHere wrote:
    From the original post, the sale shouldn't be up until 12:01 PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), which hasn't happened yet. If you are on EDT, it will start at 3:01 PM EDT.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Raienya wrote:
    Raienya is correct, the sale doesn't begin until noon today.
    And Paddyo, it's anything in the Experience category in Consumables, so there is no rebate on Potion of Vitality either. Sorry for the confusion.
    ~Dexella
  13. ARCHIVED-ForumNameHere Guest

Thank you. Just spoke to a great CSR named Sandy and she explained that too. I really should contain my excitement and READ more carefully. I think I am very glad I invested in this game, I have seen places where this would not be explained so kindly in the forums. Thanks and will get #9 after sale starts.
  14. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    So are the top hats yet they get a 50% rebate.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

That's because I'm on a secret mission to make everyone in Norrath wear a top hat.
    Just kidding...mostly. It would be kinda cool.
    ~Dexella
  16. ARCHIVED-cowkiller Guest

been 20 mins since i bought 4 lon packs still no rebate its after Moo n
  17. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Dexella wrote:
    LOL that would be funny
  18. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

So, I'm looking in the marketplace, but I'm not seeing any rebate tags.. has the sale been delayed, or are there no tags on what's on sale...
  19. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Absyntheea@Crushbone wrote:
    I just logged in on a non-GM account and I'm seeing the rebate tags on all the items. It's written in red/yellow across each small image (where it usually says "New" or "Hot").
    Are you still having this issue? I'm wondering if there might be an issue with whatever UI you're using...do you have a custom one selected?
  20. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

It's working now. :) Thanks for checking it, Dexella! I'm using Profit UI.. maybe it got delayed a bit because of that?
    Off to shop! :)