5 Steps to Attaining Your Dream Guild Hall

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 19, 2014.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's more daunting than you think, especially in more recent days. You have more and more people that either don't care or can't function at that simple level. One of my last memories with my first guild here was a raid where the healers were not supposed to clear a curse and one idiot kept ruining it for us. Helping another raid group progress meant me going into the wiki and editing the content just to get the stubborn raid leader to follow the proper method to get things done. Back in the old days, we were all of the same mindset and time spent doing all this stuff was not an issue. We accepted it and did what we had to in order to accomplish our goals.

A craft concentric guild has absolutely nothing to worry about aside from running itself dry on resources. That only ever amounts to a delay, not a total failure and waste of resources, like with a raid. You don't even need much communication to go on. Everyone does their own thing whenever they feel like it and you eventually get to some point of progress. Even with our so-called group missions, one person was able to pick up the other person's slack, if they nodded off or whatever. Since the first revisions to tradeskilling, there has never been a mechanic in the game where there was collaboration that ever mattered or amounted to anything.

I only feel anything worth doing isn't easy, as the old saying goes. Your comparison fails because (in real life) it actually meant something if you had one skill or another. Nobody just picked up a trade and became a master at it overnight. Tradeskilling is akin to telling time with your phone, as opposed to an analog clock (which so many people fail at these days).
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

I am only answering this portion of the post because it seems as if this poster does not understand crafting at all.or at least not pure crafters.

When was the last time you took your 25 adventurer into Kylong plains Kunzar Jungle, Jarsath wastes, Sundered frontier Highlands, Great divide, eastern wastes and wastelands? I did it on my then 25 level wizard to do the crafting quest lines and gathering obbsssion quest. Kylong plains Kunzar Jungle, Jarsath waste, Sundered Frontier and Highlands were done when they first came out so no flying mount. When did you ever take a 25 adventure to cobalt scar, and vesspry isle I know someone who did. I also saw a level 10 adventurer with the harvesting cloak on level 10 a few years ago be for flying mounts .

Tell me how you would like it if all of a sudden when you reached level 40 there were few if any quests to use to level your adventure XP were forced to just grind to get your levels because there were only enough quests to get you 3 levels into the tier? Crafters are in that boat 0-30 is a breeze enough quests to level but as soon as they reach level 40 all they have is the journeyman quest line and the new one not enough to get even 3 levels in the rest of the tier is a grind.and don't get me started on the cost of advanced books(crafters gear) for that tier there is no way but hope that adventures are selling them on the broker to get the 40-49 advanced books at an affordable price(not likely). 0-19 can be bought from recipe salesmen, 10-39 the farseas supply division questline gives you a way to buy them after finishing through the Tier 4 portion of the quest line but for some reason the devs decided that they would not give us the way to buy the 40-49 books after completing that last quest in the questline.

Pure crafters who have not leveled their adventure class because they concentrated on crafting have their own challenges different from the adventurers Different does not equal easier.
    Xillean, Lodrelhai, Griff and 4 others like this.
  3. Griff Well-Known Member

So what you are actually saying here, by your own words, raiders, that don't ignore directions, pay attention to the wiki written spoilers, while following the instructions of the raid leader have performed an exceptionally difficult task.

Advanced Trade folk on the other hand, who follow the crafting quest lines, enter areas far above their level to complete quests and harvest, spend hours perfecting their trade and procuring materials, rares and recipes are worthy of far less rewards because anyone can do that?

Funny thing is, while raiding has become much more simple to accomplish, so long as people are willing to pay attention to the instructions, crafting has become much more complex than making fish rolls and Halas Meat Pies.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You're preaching to the choir. I have a total of 10 crafters. I've done Cobalt Scar and many other areas with level 10 characters. The challenges are there for a hot minute, then you figure out the pattern and it's a cakewalk.

I've covered every playstyle for the past 14 years. This is how I come to the conclusion of what's easy and what's actually challenging, unlike some people who just stay away from the hard stuff and try to call it easy because it 'boils down to following a script'.

By your twisting of my words, that's how you come up with that.

There's nothing to perfect! Once you successfully craft your first item in the game, you've done all there is to do.

Crafting started off complex and got easier and easier. Having 9 or more crafters was unheard of in the early years of the game. You can't say things have become much more complex than fish rolls and meat pies, when daily and weekly tasks amount to generating TPS reports and making bedrolls.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

Each playstyle is valid and challenging in it's own right, and shouldn't be judged by anyone. That's not what this thread is about.

But just because this really stuck out at me:
    That accurately describes every single raid encounter in every single game for at least the last decade. It's challenging right up until you figure out the script. Every pull after that is, as you say, a cakewalk.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That depends on the raid force. There are still many variables after that and there's still the matter of gearing everyone up after that first kill. It's still a very time-consuming process that has always yielded great rewards. It's not like most people can just finish a raid and say "Let's do this another few times with everyone playing another alt each time". People usually have to go to bed, where crafting has always been more laid back. It gets done when it gets done. There's no time pressure. Nothing has to be scheduled beyond the one step in the shawl quest.

Yes, each playstyle is valid and challenging in its own right. I'm not judging anything, but people are getting super-defensive about obvious differences in the playstyles. The issue is people are expecting to be able to get someone else's reward and have a challenging way to get it. A couple of people made some interesting suggestions for what to do, but it's really going to end up being a huge dull grind. I'm not even saying this shouldn't happen. I'm saying expectations might be a bit too high for the reward and the questing options offered.
  7. BettyBoop Member

SAY WHAT???! No one is expecting to get "Someone else's" anything. They want their own reward.

This isn't a competition. There isn't a limited number of these guild halls being made and "you better act now, or you might miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!" This isn't a "we win, you lose" kind of thing. This isn't supposed to be "raiders vs. crafters"

But look what it's turned into...

This is a GAME for crying out loud, it's not supposed to be a job! (just because some people treat it like it's a pretend job doesn't make them special)

A game is supposed to be fun (yes, even with the grind thrown in), and the steps to attaining this guild hall should be available to all players without forcing one type of player to pay another in order to obtain it. To advertise it as "available to all playstyles" was just insulting. Crafters are 100% at the mercy of the whims of whatever raiders/well-geared adventurers want to charge them for heartstones. That is where the outrage lies, and why people are so "super defensive" when confronted with sycophantic pseudo-raider fanbois.

Suggestions have been presented for crafters, and others of equally non-hardcore playstyles. The red names have received that feedback. Now let's just wait and see, and hope everyone gets equal love in the next round.
    Alenna, Xillean, Senya and 4 others like this.
  8. Griff Well-Known Member

Allow me to point out something very ironic about this whole situation.

1) We have items in the SC store for sale that are *crafted* by players.
    2) We have a section in the forums dedicated to showing off player *crafted* and designed housing.
    3) We have contests to award prizes to players who dedicate a great deal of time and resources *crafting* the best home/hall.
    4) In order for a guild hall to look "decked out" and personalized to the guilds taste, you need to have *crafted* items.
    5) Most high level guilds creating a great hall purchase a complete *crafting* area with all the bells and whistles.
    6) Many adventures gain a great deal of coin selling items to *crafters*.
    7) Many players starting the game make their bulk of coin selling resources to *crafters* in the AH.

The above said, the only way to get the most advanced hall in the game is to be high level, well geared and well seasoned *crafter* adventurer. Now, when I suggested that many crafters, if not the bulk of them, would be quite content with a different epic style hall designed around what they accomplish in the game, it was shot down by the raiding crowd as ludicrous. It would be perfectly acceptable to the raiders to have such a hall providing it was T1 or T2, offered no special trophies or amenities for crafters and pretty much would be mundane as they view the crafter play style.

It would seem to me that the crowd most adept at making a generic hall a guild home would be given a little more appreciation for their services to the game. It would seem to me that a beautiful hall would be a reward to artisans, not those with simply the ability to slaughter creatures in mass. When i think of beauty of Rome, I realize that the army brought in the spoils, but the artisans made Rome what it was and is today. Just a thought.
    Xillean, Senya and Avahlynn like this.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You're missing several facts in your post:

1) SC store items aren't crafted by players. They're drawn in 3D modelling programs which are waaaaaaaaaaaay more complex than EQ2's crafting system.
    2) The homeshow is all about design. There are crafters that don't design and adventurers that do design. Crafters have their own forum to discuss crafting topics.
    4) These days, you can probably design a hall without using any actual crafted items.
    5) That's because they have people in their guilds who craft. You realize people can do both adventuring and crafting on the same character, right?
    6) They gain a great deal selling to decorators and other adventurers, just as crafters do.
    7) That's pretty far fetched, considering lower tier goods generally aren't worth as much. Low level earnings come from questing and killing stuff.

You can craft your way to a T4 hall.
    The HK hall is by no means advanced. It just looks different.
    The regular halls aren't generic either. Just because we have two themes for the halls and they've been around for a while, you can't just call things generic. Those took the art team a considerable amount of time to make. They're not using a 6-button interface either.

Crafters can earn a great deal of money making items for a guild (or individual) to decorate with, assuming they don't have their own workforce to handle that. There's usually one or two in every guild. It certainly used to be a profitable venture before crafting became so easy and accessible for everyone. It's really what upsets me the most about where crafting is. It used to be something only a handful of people would do and you could make some serious profits. Nowadays, everyone wants to be self-sufficient and not share their money with other players for their efforts. That is the true plight of crafters and the reason we didn't get our own method to earn this hall.

The artisans designed Rome to be what it was and is today. Cheap/free labor put it all together, just like every other civilization.

tl;dr I don't know who you're trying to fool with your list and historical references, but these tricks won't work on the devs. Let's drop this nonsense and maybe brainstorm some ideas for a hall and how to get one via the simplest method in the game,
  10. Theodora New Member

Does anyone know what you have to do to get SoE to listen to your suggestions? For about two years I have been now and then sending feedback to SoE about adding a new customization feature I would love to see added to the Guildhall NPCs aka Hirelings. I just feel like no one is taking me seriously. The new customization feature I would love to see added would be for Trustees of a guild to have the ability to customize the Facial and Body features of the Guildhall Hirelings. I mean customize their personal appearance just like we can do with our own characters.... eyes, nose, mouth, ears, eye color, hair style, hair color, body size and skin tone as well as wodes, piercings and wings where appropriate and be able to save the changes until you choose to change them again. Now when you enter your guildhall the hirelings appearance changes randomly. This may sound dumb and unimportant to some, but I really think that this would really give guild decorators and leaders the ability to make their guild halls just that much more unique. I really sincerely wish that SoE would consider this. Iv been playing EQ2 for nearly 10 years and as I said Iv been suggesting this for about 2 years and I'd like to know that atleast someone is listening to me. Thank you! :)
  11. Luperza Community Manager

Hi Theodora!

This isn't really the proper place for this conversation. This sounds like something you should create a new thread about or find a thread that talks specifically about it. ;)

BUT! Something you might be interested in is that we have new House Actors that you can place in your house, coming along soon! You can customize the appearance as you would your character, place outfits on them, have them do an animation AND even say something as you get close to them. You can watch our segment on the latest EverQuest II Insider! It goes over the whole experience. :D
  12. Wolfsbaine Active Member

I have a suggestion on the Shattered Heart Stones and such. I would like to see those drop like Obols did. That way if one or 3 drop from a kill then everyone loots them. I have run HKC several times and watched them mostly go to a toon that had loaded dice. I spent about 2 hours in there and only ended up with 1 or 2 of the Shattered ones. Right now my guild is sitting at roughly 2300/7500. Not a big fan of the contested, but I want to help the guild so I have to force myself to grind, grind, grind.