5 Steps to Attaining Your Dream Guild Hall

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 19, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

By: Margaret “Luperza” Krohn

If you’re interested in attaining the Restored High Keep Guild Hall, you’ve come to the right place! You’ll be traversing the finely detailed red carpet in chandelier lighting in no time as long as you follow these five easy steps!
    [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

BUT…First and foremost:
    [IMG]

STEP ONE:
    Hunt down creatures in High Keep: The Bloodless Incursion in order to attain these:
    [IMG]

STEP TWO:
    To use Shattered High Keep Heartstones, you’ll need to research this recipe from your Tradeskill Apprentice:
    [IMG]

Once you’ve researched the recipe, you can craft one of these:
    [IMG]

STEP THREE:
    Craft…Craft…Craft…
    [IMG]
    Out pops a:
    [IMG]

High Keep Heartstones will be automatically consumed and go towards both your Tier 2 and Tier 3 achievements for your character’s guild. You’ll receive a notification that lets you know they’ve been consumed. If you do not have a guild when you craft one, it will automatically consume the item, and give you messaging stating you should probably find a guild. Also, if you gain multiple High Keep Heartstones in a row, you won’t be spammed with messaging. You’ll only receive messaging once every few minutes.

STEP FOUR:
    You can also gain Heartstones from repeatable quests inside High Keep: The Bloodless Incursion, such as this one:
    [IMG]

STEP FIVE:
    Once you’ve attained enough deeds, you’ll get these achievements, and you’ll be able to get your Restored High Keep Guild Hall!
    [IMG]

SUPER SPECIAL STEP SIX:
    Decorate your Restored High Keep Guild Hall for a fabulous party and invite Luperza, all of your guild mates, and friends!

Originally posted: https://www.everquest2.com/news/5-easy-steps-to-attaining-your-dream-guild-hall
  2. ElectricPotato Active Member

In the current forms on live, the cataloguing quests in HKC are not repeatable through ordinary means. If they are meant to be repeatable, they need a bugfix.

After looting and completing, the quest starters that other members who haven't done them can see are one of the "No items you can loot".
  3. Naudi Active Member

5 easy steps if you're not a pure tradeskiller

Please address the availability of Shattered High Keep Heartstones for people who are not adventurers. I see them at 11 plat per heartstone on broker that's over 80k plat assuming there were enough for the T2 guild hall.
    Rynda, Alenna, suka and 1 other person like this.
  4. Evisca D'White Member

People who don't raid want raid gear, people who don't craft want crafted items, and people who don't quest want quest rewards... color me surprised. I don't mean to sound rude as I do love my crafty friends, but if you want something that drops in HKC, go to HKC. That's kinda the way it's supposed to work.

Personally I have toured this Guild Hall and it's just, well, massive. I do a fair job of decorating my prestige homes and I can tell you, I don't think between 8 level 95 toons I have enough house items to put a dent in all that floor space. It's a gorgeous place no doubt, but I can already see walling off a floor or two just to keep the item count down so as not to need a week for the hall to render.
    ramblinrod, locojay4ff and Deveryn like this.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

it's easy, it's just time consuming and well, really not worth it.
    I only ever go in the contested like once a week to do the weekly, sometimes I can talk a group into doing the daily in the zone as well
    so it's not like we go in there alot, we are at 650ish/7500 for the guild hall
  6. Naudi Active Member

Rynda, suka and Avahlynn like this.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

So wait, you need 7500 deeds to unlock the guild hall?!
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

the T2 one, 10k for the T3
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

'Easy' steps, heh. That's like saying a marathon is easy because all you have to do is put one foot in front of the other.

Would be awesome if a red name would respond to people's concerns about the ridiculous amount of time/effort/plat it takes to get enough heartstones, and not patronize us with threads like this.
    Rynda, Lodrelhai, suka and 2 others like this.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's easy if you have a proper guild with enough people working the content. Don't forget to check the broker since the items can be traded. I'll never get to the point where I can get one, but I'm glad it's not a trivial affair.
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I didn't realize a guild hall was an adventure reward. I thought it was a reward for a guild that worked together to earn it. Not a reward for a guild who happens to have a few level 95 adventurers with the gear and smarts to get through the zone and finish enough quests, kill enough mobs, and endure the hours and hours and hours of tedium involved in raising these. Crafters want to earn it too, we just have NO WAY to do so, without forking over ridiculous amounts of plat to adventurers, who are more than happy to take advantage of that relationship.
  12. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

QFT. If you aren't geared as a guild to handle whipping through HKC, then you either will go broke buying the heartstones, or you won't get the hall. If you are geared, you may go numb before making a dent in the 7500-10000 needed.

The hall is pretty. It's just not what anyone ever asked for... tons of threads and posts on a New Halas style hall, or a revamp of current halls in the cities. Or a fix to the 1001 bugs in the current t3/t4 halls, that lag, and eat items galore.

The five easy steps post? Feels as Malleria said, patronizing, at best.
  13. Gudum Active Member

Would have been nice if this had been announced a couple of weeks ago, didn't even know about the recipe for a couple of days after it went live - its buried down at level 30, making it hard to find for someone expecting a top-level item.

Also would be nice if the heartstone was marked no-trade, so someone doesn't get the mistaken idea they can craft the item and sell/trade it.
  14. Cynara Well-Known Member

I would much rather the five easy steps to attaining a guild hall that worked well, or was customizable like the city houses, or that was accessible to all guilds in less than 3-5 years. It's like a prison sentence.

The way to get it is not that hard to understand, but most guilds will not get it. It's that simple. Instead of making the unattainable, or nearly so, why not give some options that are interesting to more guilds, and more easily attained? This feels like busy work at best and torture at worst.

And I will never get one for my guild, not because we wouldn't work towards something we wanted, but because it's simply not appealing to us. A guild hall with more customizations would be appealing. A dungeonesque guild hall, not so much.
  15. Bruwin New Member

I generally agree with what you're saying, except for one thing. There have been people asking for this guild hall. There's actually been people asking for all sorts of guild halls, including that new halas style that you've mentioned. I personally would love it if every raid/contested zone had a guild hall based off of them, with varying ways to obtain them.

Honestly though, if they had wanted a grind being the only path to obtaining heartstones, then they could have put in crafting writs to obtain them. Something painfully long, but still something anyone could do.
    suka and Voraga like this.
  16. BettyBoop Member

I hate to say it, but I agree with what many others have said about the lack of alternatives for guild members other than pretty much the most well-equipped adventurers having a realistic chance of obtaining this new guild hall... :(

As I have said in a few other threads, my friends and I, even though we have potent-geared toons, will never be stepping foot in Contested High Keep due to its (horribe?) aggro bugginess with mobs aggroing through walls/floors/ceilings, etc. As it stands now, we will never obtain the new guild hall because there is no real crafter alternative to putting forth the time and effort to obtain heartstones outside of adventuring into Buggyzone, or paying some other adventurers our hard earned money for their leftovers. Which, out of principle alone, I'd refuse to do.

Perhaps consider putting the heartstones into other dungeons, like the Heroic High Keep and Heroic Pickclaw Depths dailies? Or when those heroic zones are the weekly? And maybe, just maybe, consider giving us crafters a daily High Keep Writ? Or even a weekly High Keep Writ? Like the weekly we get from Falinpol? I'm not opposed to working hard for an item in-game, but ONLY offering these heartstones from one incredibly buggy zone that only high level adventurers can hope to see, well, it just seems to be adding insult to injury...

And no offense, but who are you to decide what is "proper" and what isn't?

There are many different types of players in this game, and no one-size-fits-all with regard to playstyle. So why should only high level adventurers be allowed to work toward this amazing guild hall, and everyone else is forced to pay whatever those adventurers feel like charging for their scraps?

No one is asking for easy mode. No one is asking for handouts. Just give us an alternative method to allow us to work toward the same objective, that doesn't involve having a decked-out full group of level 95 adventurers... Or three or four groups of them...
  17. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Deveryn, every post you respond to is either telling us how the game should be played or letting us know that the devs know what is best for us and the game. Please enough already. Let others express their opinions or concerns without the same stock answer coming from you.
  18. Sylistra New Member

There is also the problem of being in a guild that has stated they do not want the guild hall, yet, all tokens people earn on that character goes to that guild, which is a waste of time on every one's behalf.

ON another pesky side note, tokens earnt right after it was released have not been added to the guild hall token, so I wager my raid guild is down about 100 tokens or so
  19. Abasinolanam Active Member

I am failing to understand the negative comments regarding the requirements to obtain the guild hall. Saying that people want it is no justification to complaining about it being hard to get. Why do people think they are entitled to it? It would be like me saying that I should be able to earn the ragefire mount without having to meet the requirements to win the encounter. If the guild hall was easy to get it would hardly be special. Earning the hall is an achievement, much like having high end guild hall trophies.

You would likely be able to earn as much plat needed if you spent the same amount of time farming plat as somebody else farming the heartstones, if you really wanted.

I would add the counter-plead to the devs: please don't trivialize and cheapen the guild hall.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

I don't think I am entitled to the guild hall.
    I just don't think at what can only be atleast a month of mind numbing grinds (probably much longer too) for a guild hall that really
    adds nothing to the guild halls that are already in the game, except that it looks different, is worth my time for the month mind numb.
    if the guild hall was different (which it's not) in some way or form that would justify it taking 50 timers longer to obtain then any of the other guild halls, I might agree
    suka likes this.