$5 Off SOE Game Cards!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Ashlanne Member

[IMG]

Purchase and receive $5 off on either a $15 SOE or a $15 PlanetSide 2 Game Card from any participating U.S. GameStop or from November 4th, through November 24th, 2013.

A trip to your local GameStop might be in order so you can get a head start on your holiday shopping! Pick up one of these bad boys up for that special gamer on your list or tuck one away for your own stocking!

*Offer valid from store opening on November 4, 2013, through store closing November 24, 2013, while supplies last.

**SOE and PlanetSide 2 Game Cards can only be used by SOE PC Customers.
  2. Sunje Active Member

European players???

Did SOE forgot his own players that live outside the US?
    Tariya and Feldon like this.
  3. Piro Member

the European franchises would have to agree to whatever deal SOE was working. When considering currency differences its typically a lot harder to do discounted deals in other countries. Mind you that's assuming that is the or even one of the reasons :) However you might want to keep in mind, that this is an American division, so their focus is bound to be American, not European or Chinese etc.
  4. Spindle Well-Known Member

Piro, that was a nice response )

I bolded and enlarged the pertinent phrase in case anyone else skims the announcement and misses the info.
  5. Airos Active Member

Shame these aren't available on their website. I may actually have to temporarily stop boycotting Gamestop for an afternoon.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

i guess this meens no double sc when expansion goes live ( To bad i already bought one hoping that would happen
  7. Demonicate Member

This is not the first time and surely not the last either o_O
  8. Teacherspest New Member

9. Kalmaraa Active Member

Lets remember that SOE also kind of let another company run things for there Euro market. As such the decision for it might not be in there hands anymore.
  10. Buggabug Active Member

I'm a euro player, but if my brother buys cards in Michigan can I use the codes on my euro account?
  11. Wyndsworn Member

Yesterday this advert read that the game cards were available at US Gamestop as well as EB Games Canada - Now all of a sudden it's only U.S. !! I also had an email from Sony saying the same thing in regards to EB Games. What's up ???? Is this a case of 'False Advertising' ?
    Feldon likes this.
  12. alQamar Active Member

Funny. RadarX forgot to edit out the or. The announcement makes zero sense that way.
  13. Invisible Seeker New Member

I went in yesterday and asked at an EB Games in Canada, they had no idea what I was talking about.. They told me to print out the add and bring it in.. Thankfully I printed it out this morning.. (when this post said EB Games Canada)..

My local EB, DID match the price (they remembered me from yesterday), Apparently it never should have been offered in Canada in the first place.. So your mileage may vary store to store, they apparently got a memo about the situation today.
  14. Ashlanne Member

We apologize for the confusion the promotion isn't available in Canada.
  15. Phantomstrk New Member

So when is the promotion going to be done for Canada, or do you not want Canadian players for your games anymore
  16. Teacherspest New Member

1. Pro7 doesn't provide game cards in Europe, so it will be difficult to buy any in a local shop.
    2. I'm not a Pro7 customer, I'm a SOE customer. my account is not handled by Pro7, as many EU players on US servers. When I log in, I get connected to Station.com, not to Pro7.
    3. Pro7 splitted its activity and a few local TV channels bought rights to broadcoast the games handled by Pro7 : those TV channels earn a small part of the subscription for each customer they bring. So Pro7 doesn't provide a whole global service, they let the local TV channels do the job their own way in each country. And of course, they don't do that for all the games, only a few chosen ones. That's just a pitty...

That explains why, we EU players, feel disapointed and left alone.
  17. Xyjyx Active Member

I also went in to an EB games in Canada, and was told they didn't know what I was talking about. Argument ensued.

In Alberta, we have what is called the Fair Trade Act. As part of that act, if you advertise an item for a certain price, you must sell it to the customer for that price or produce a rain check, regardless of whether the advertisement was an error or not. The retailer also has the option of putting a prominent sign at the entrance to the store announcing the error. I wasn't going to push it over a $5 discount, but it is within my rights.Just sayin.

Needless to say I did not buy any game cards.
  18. Sunje Active Member

I want to have the same chance as any other player of the world they play this game, i mean soe i play eq2 since april 2005 and i dont know why you dont give us the same cance to get bonus station cash or get game cards thats ar in a promotion or something...
  19. Ithen New Member

These cards are not available in the dozen stores south of Baltimore as of this morning. I want my chance to buy them too.