5 Exciting Places to Adventure and Grandmaster Spells

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Grundge Active Member

How about also removing 'Unlock Inventory Slot' while you are at it. Everyone now starts with all bags unlocked so this really isn't needed anymore.

Back on topic, kind of disappointed about the delay, but ah well. You guys should give us a sale for the weekend when the patch arrives. Actually I just want to buy some stuff for the Nights of the Dead and a sale would be great. :D
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

A Double or Triple Station Cash Sale!! :)

For all those people who have cards they haven't redeemed yet! :D
  3. Xile Member

My name is Xile and I approve this statement.
  4. Xile Member

May I ask for some clarity on one detail?

Let me start out by illustrating the 4 benefits Silver accounts currently hold that Free accounts dont:
    * Creating guilds
    * Buying on the broker
    * 4 Base character slots (vs 2)
    * Scribing/Researching Experts (vs just adepts)
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Membership_Matrix_(EQ2)

In relation to this change, bullet 4 is my area of interest.
    Increasing by "one tier"... does that mean it'll be Expert/Master respectively for Free/Silver. Or just Master for all?

I've never cared about creating guilds (except once) and I've forever ago resolved the character slot concern.
    Now while broker purposes are equally important to Experts usage, I will say that I will feel markedly diminished on my veteran Silver account of 10 years.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Redeem your cards. It's not happening. :p
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Well, the Broker thing is one of the two Spam-Prevention things, the other being Can't Send Mail.

Remember that there is TECHNICALLY no longer a Silver tier, you have to have been grandfathered into that tier or purchased 5$ in SC before they changed the account methods. Its either All-Access or F2P-YW tiers, so if they are speaking of Free-to-Play, they are most likely literally speaking to that tier, as there are only two of them now. More than likely even fully free accounts will be able to scribe up to Master without worry.
    Deveryn likes this.
  7. Xile Member

Neither of the free accounts can sell without broker credits (so that shouldn't be a spam issue either way).
    Nor can either send mail.

And there is a Silver tier.
    It's just that the meaning has changed.
    And I wouldn't be asking if I didnt have a Silver account (two actually).
  8. Axterix Active Member

I'm hoping they rethink that 60 day research thing. That's just nuts. Sure, I know they view these as optional upgrades. But 60 days... and that still takes a master spell to do, otherwise you're looking at 90 days. Just nuts.

I don't find Templars too hard to solo with personally, but the key is to focus on offensive AAs first. Get those Templar tab ones that reduce casting time, power cost, and so on. Get the 20 points in there, then get the 25% extra damage. The two proc ones from the Cleric tab are also important. And, of course, there's a bunch of other ones worth picking up as well (like Litany of Combat for doublecast chance). But with those ones, you have nukes that cast fast, can be chained non-stop (with Warring Dieties in the mix), and do decent damage. Oh, and hitting stuff with melee/wand does more damage too, since the procs work on that. And of course there's a decent amount of stuff that boosts those auto-attacks as well.

That said, it does suck casting those heals solo until you get stuff to get their casting time down. But that's a heal issue. Offensively speaking, your core spells all cast fast (with the exception of the AA encounter AoE). So the way I tend to heal while solo'ing is to cast the "heal every 20%" debuff. That does cast fast. Just be sure to upgrade it.

Overall, I prefer to solo with my Templars (got two as well) over my Swash. But you have to invest in the offensive AAs. Which is fine, really, because if you're solo/leveling, the healing stuff is pretty much pointless anyway.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's encouragement to engage the content out there. If it took less time to research than it did to actually find any masters out there, there would be no point in having them drop at all. In 90 days of play, you should find several masters. They may not be your own, but you could always trade.
  10. Xile Member

I dont group or raid, but I do do all the solo content in ToV. In the entire run of the expansion, I've never had one master drop. Not one.
  11. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

That'd be because they don't drop in AS or overworld. They've only dropped in Heroic or Raid content since like...SF.
  12. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

And to add to the above poster about master drops in group/raid content, is due to that's the type of content that the masters are more geared for. Masters for solo content do make things alot easier, but having Experts is more than plenty for solo content.
    Kuulei and Deveryn like this.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They drop somewhere because I have a couple of masters from 91-95 and I haven't done any group content. I've seen Skyshrine AS bosses drop masters. Others will confirm overland named will have a chance as well.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

XD I haven't seen the Vesspyr names up in awhile. I guess this would explain it then :p My swash has track on whenever I'm wandering overworld, and names are gone by the time I get to them more often than not.

I suppose I should have clarified from Overworld trash, like RoK/EoF the trash would occasional sometimes drop them.
    Deveryn likes this.
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

The Skyshrine AS solo zone with Tigloth (sp?) has a chance to drop a masters. I've gotten 5 or 6 off of him in the last few weeks.
    Deveryn likes this.
  16. Axterix Active Member

T
    Except it doesn't work that way in practice.

I don't have access to the numbers, but I'm pretty sure if SOE were to look, they'd find that most 95s are lacking in terms of master spells. And of the ones that do have a bunch, they'll either be in raid guilds or else the type of player that farms older content. For the latter, they'll be missing the 91+ ones, because they pretty much don't drop in solos or the instanced dungeons. You know, the content people do.

Then factor in that the demand for masters is about to increase. You've got the temporary aspect of the people who already have them now wanting to use them to make the next tier, but also the long term impact of free to play types who can now use them. Boom, demand just shot up.

What it comes down to is that for the type of person with access to the high level masters, nothing changes other than that they'll farm the crafting components needed to make the grandmaster version, while for the more casual player, who make up the majority of SoE's playerbase, they've just told them to not bother, because it takes a quarter of a year for them to get a Grandmaster spell.

In fewer words, someone needs to sit the designer down and explain to them that he's working on EQ2, not EVE.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We've been over this. If that's all the content you do, you don't need masters or grandmasters. Even entry level raiding is balanced for experts. There are a number of instances of one dev or another stating that in the last few months.

If you want masters, go to where they really drop. It's that simple. If you believe you need masters for what you're doing, you're in need of something else, like better gear.
    Kuulei likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! Thanks for that; I'll focus that way. :)

Uwk
    hoping it makes a difference! :D
  19. Valzen Well-Known Member

While doing adv writs in Eidolon Jungle a couple weeks back, a fabled chest dropped off one of those apes and lo and behold, a master spell. It's very rare, but can happen. So I'm just clarifying since it happened to me.
  20. semisus Does not play this game

would be nice if you can make master spells drop from varius solo nameds that currenly dont drop masters like withered lands/advanced solo zones and a increased chance from trash.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.