5 Exciting Places to Adventure and Grandmaster Spells

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

We’re excited about Level Agnostic Dungeons and Grandmaster Spells coming to EverQuest 2 on Tuesday, October 7, 2014! So what exactly are these dungeons and why should you check them out?

Level Agnostic Dungeons

Level Agnostic Dungeons are instances in which characters between levels 20-89 have a chance to group together, regardless of the difference in their adventure level. These dungeons are accessible by joining the queue on your Dungeon Finder Tab (Alt + Z) from the EQ2 Options Menu. Within each dungeon, adventurers will be able to battle heroic monsters and receive individual rewards based on their own level. This is a chance to earn great XP and enjoy a new spin on some classic dungeons!

There are currently 5 Level Agnostic Dungeons that have been adjusted so players can relive the fun or experience these wonderful zones for the first time. The first dungeons to be released will be: Charasis: Maiden’s Chamber, Library of Erudin, Najena’s Deep Forge, Vasty Deep: The Conservatory, and Temple of the Faceless.

[IMG]

Charasis: Maiden’s Chamber is full of glowing runes and frightening foes. Are you willing to make your way through these treacherous catacombs and confront Drusella Sathir?

[IMG]

The Library of Erudin is the perfect zone for adventurers who want to solve a mystery. Search for clues throughout the zone and help discover who murdered the Scholar Primarch!

[IMG]

Najena’s Deep Forge is a lava filled dungeon in the volcanic depths of Lavastorm. Are you brave enough to fight through the fiery space and face Firelord Kaern?

[IMG]

It’s hard to deny the beauty found in Vasty Deep: The Conservatory, but there’s also danger concealed in the gorgeous halls of this instance. Are you willing to discover what treasure the mighty dragon, Delahnus the Dauntless, is guarding?

[IMG]

The Temple of the Faceless holds many horrors found within the Eidolon Jungle. Adventurers will need to travel deep into the temple in order to face the mighty dragon, Venekor, and claim his loot!

We also plan to add cross-server grouping capability to these Level Agnostic Dungeons when that system launches next year!

Grandmaster Spells

In addition to the release of Level Agnostic Dungeons, we are also introducing Grandmaster Spells for All-Access Members! These upgraded spells will be available for research in your character’s knowledge book as well as be available via crafting. All tradeskillers will be able to obtain the ability to craft Grandmaster Spells, but crafting these spells isn’t for the faint of heart!

Here’s some additional good news!

To clear up some issues with spell research and grandmasters and allow it to be more readily accessed by non-members, we are going to increase their spell access by one tier. This will allow players without an All-Access membership the ability to scribe or research Masters, including the flexibility to use SC to upgrade spells as well!

The spell unlocker items will be removed from the marketplace completely to remove any confusion. Any existing spell unlockers players have already purchased can be sold to Status Merchants for status points. This will go live with the Level Agnostic Dungeons & Grandmaster Spells update next week.

Players can also check out the EQ2 Trader’s Corner fansite where Niami Denmother has put together a break-down of Grandmaster Spell information.

EDIT: This patch is now scheduled for Tuesday, October 7, 2014! Find out more about this here.

What will you do first after this update?
  2. Wanic Active Member

I might.. actually group with a lower level character for a while!

Then go back to the ol' faithful powerlevelling.
    Feara likes this.
  3. Hushnoob Member

Why would you limit these dungeons to lower than level 90?

Most of the population is max level. There are multiple threads on these forums about server merges because there arent enough people for groups. We could have at least grouped with low people new level agnostic dungeons,

GG
    Wurz, Tierisch, Taivr and 2 others like this.
  4. Dawnya@AB Active Member

And here I had this stuff written down as happening on Tuesday, Sept 30... oops
    CelosSolec likes this.
  5. Matia Member

Maybe, perhaps, possibly the reason "most of the population" is max level and "there aren't enough people for groups" is because they keep just adding in things for the top levels.
    Malfaer likes this.
  6. krolror New Member

people are level 95 because soe decided to make it super easy to level i have 16 of my 18 toons 95 and took a year and half off.honestly wished it was'nt so easy
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I had the Grandmaster stuff coming on the 30th as well.
    CelosSolec likes this.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I disagree. Some may have done it the way you are saying, but most (some, any?) reach max level because they are playing.
    Tierisch and Filly67 like this.
  9. Yajirushi62 Active Member

Yeah, they probably locked the level agnostic dungeons to a cap of 89 because after that point stat inflation goes crazy with DoV -> SS -> ToV.
    Deveryn likes this.
  10. Gudum Active Member

That was the date given in the producer's letter on September 8th. Wish we had been given a warning of the date change a bit earlier.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

This is pretty accurate. At 90, people group in Skyshrine anyway.

Have a look at the testing forum. It looks like there were some last minute issues, otherwise things would have been on track.
  12. Xaiveir Active Member

It is an issue with stat inflation post 90. The gear (procs especially) make it very hard to balance for these groups. They are working on balancing those that are over 90, and plan to be added later once balance can be done(read from a thread a while back, and from talks at SoE Live).

Consider this the first step, and then broadening it out after. =)
    Loredena likes this.
  13. Filly67 Well-Known Member

I hope the 200 needed commons per recipe are fish.
    Kurisutaru, Seefar, Alenna and 4 others like this.
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Me too, but of course its not.
    Filly67 likes this.
  15. Foretold Well-Known Member

Crap, I'd already worked it out with work so that I could play Tuesday and work on my grandmasters.

I also scheduled two MRIs for Thursday... they wanted to do them Tuesday, but I said I had plans...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE.

Why the date change? The best laid plans of ratongas and whatnot.
  16. Awkk Well-Known Member

If lowbies can group with high levels, won't that take the place of power leveling?
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Powerleveling implies you are getting levels at an extremely fast pace, and don't need to contribute at all to the group's momentum, since only the PLer needs to do anything.

That is nowhere near the case in the level-agnostics, they seem to have got the scaling done pretty well. The fact that 90+ aren't able to do it makes it much easier for them to scale in fact lol.
    suka and Loredena like this.
  18. Roshen Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the date of this week's update had to move back a couple of days. This helps us make sure that this patch goes much more smoothly for everyone involved.
    Dawnya@AB likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there are contested dungeons for level 90 and up and other places like that the battle grounds are almost empty for below 90
    :(
    so where's a little rat to go
    I like the idea that all those levels can go together
    anyway let the little ones have some fun too :p
    I have been playing this game for more than 3 years and not any of my toons is over level 88 and that is a heroic toon.
    I don't understand people that level up fast to get to endgame and than sit around bored.
    there are so many things to do in EQ why run through the game if you can walk and smell the roses even if those roses try to eat you .
    Flaxen, Naramsin, Ayumi and 7 others like this.
  20. Faelynn Active Member

Nice update, SOE. Also, nice screenshots, should make for good wallpapers :D
    suka likes this.