4 Dungeons for the daily is a bit much, what about 2?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Greene, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Greene Active Member

Looks like we'll need to do the daily quest 25 times for one piece of uberloots. I could see myself doing it if 2 dungeons were involved, but I sometimes play weird hours, and it's tough to wrangle a group for all 4 zones. Then the quest times out and you basically wasted your time.

I don't think it's unreasonable to run a dungeon 50 times for one piece of loot (25x2). Thoughts?
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Its gonna be bis for at least one more expansion so I dont see any issue with it, at least the charm.

It takes less than an hour to just complete the quest. U dont have to kill every single boss. There are also plenty of groups going pretty much all the time.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Lots of people want ethereal rewards, and as a result, there are more groups going than usual. If no one is asking for group members, start your own group.
  4. Valkerion New Member

In what world are you living? You can do CoA, VOES, Maiden's and Chelsith in less than an hour? I would love to see that.
    Sixgauge and Cheallaigh like this.
  5. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Vault and maidens can be done in 10 minutes combined, you dont even have to kill anything other than the bosses.... CoA can be done in 5 minutes with a brawler. Chelsith can take up to 40 minutes especially in a pick up group and if people want the rare spawn.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Not sure what you are smoking i did chelsith twice with a gang of choker user from the two "top " guild (momentum and neustart) and ACT tells me that it took 40mn. Maiden took 19, Vaul 21, COA 9 mn.

Anyway it is not really a matter of time, it is simply super boring.
  7. Fistpower Well-Known Member

aaaand you killed trash and the bosses. So stop smoking what you are smoking and read what I'm writing.
  8. Tru of Guk Member

All the groups formed that i see keep saying 5/6 looking for a tank.

I could see this with a brawler group that can feign past all the trash....this is not reality for most groups.
    I concur that 4 zones a day is too many especially with raiding. Have had the quest time out on me twice so far. Have had to run COA without a tank once.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The zones can be done super quickly with a full group that skips all the trash but for a PuG, I can see each coin taking upwards of 3+ hours.

I think it should be like 20 coins personally, so 40 for both items. Most people in my guild don't even have a single coin yet and they are in momentum.
  10. Tru of Guk Member

I find it hard to believe that the developers actually want everyone to skip content just to get updates. It feels like the reset is after completion not daily which is going to make this quest even harder to finish every day if you are a raider or don't have extra hours to spend each day. Would love to see a double currency weekend or 2.
  11. Caul Shivers Active Member

The entire concept of mindlessly farming super easy content (heroic dungeons) to get BIS items simply based on time invested is so wrong that discussing whether it should require you to do 2 or 4 dungeons is pointless.

Some rewards, sure. Like the ones in TSO for farming void shards.
    But BIS items because you grinded easy content for a while is ridiculous.

Nimrael, Europa, Stormhold Fallen Gate
    Kalika and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Note, please, that the "BiS" items don't stay that way for long. When the new expansion comes out Novemberish, these items will be left behind in the dust. Angsting over not getting them just so you can use them for a couple of months is silly.
    Kalika and Breanna like this.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Exacttly and it is one slot and we have around 15
  14. Tru of Guk Member

all that re-use on equipped makes the shield nice enough to use up through sentinel's fate not to mention the extra proc of even more re-use.
  15. Greene Active Member

Question is, can you use the clicky then unequip it, or does that not work? Because doublecast is kinda nice. But yeah if you have to keep it equipped (charm for example) it will quickly become obsolete on a TLE expansion schedule.
    Kalika likes this.
  16. Caul Shivers Active Member

I'm not "angsting" over anything.
    I'm just saying that the entire concept of getting BIS items through repeatedly farming easy content is, well, bad.
    Surgeon likes this.
  17. Kharnatex New Member

3 months puts TSO at September basically.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is not bad it is terri-bad, horrible ... and stupid...

People not doing the quest are unhappy because they have nothing to do, people crazy/addicted enough (or employed?, retired, and hating summer sun or unable to do something else for various reason) to go for 100 runs are unhappy becasue it is boring and repetitive.

This is a true strike, a kind of worst possible game feature; it should be given as an example of what a GM/designer should not do in MMO seminars/shcools ...
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean, the shield is gonna be better than the munzok offhand i'm pretty sure if that offhand doesn't have at least a 80% uptime because of confront fear, plus it's reuse.

Anyone not getting jcap/roa (see healers, chanters etc!) this item will arguably be best in slot until we are able to cap reuse without it, and looking at itemization, that doesn't seem to be the case in SF/DoV like we were able to back in the day.
  20. Springelf Active Member

Overall, its just so boring. I do it, but its not like I log in going.....yay I am playing EQ2. Now its like, sigh gotta do this stupid quest. Having your customers not excited to play your game isnt a great idea. Speed runs or other wise...logging in, finding a group, doing the stuff....regardless of the actual time it takes...feels like hours.

The only thing (imo) that would make this all less tedious is having the coins heirloom. That way I am not forced to *only* do it on my main. I can play my tank when I cant find one. Play my troub for something different. Etc etc etc. People that say...oh you can get the item in a day (ha!) if they are heirloom....I get the point. Make the quest account wide....once a day per account. Idk...something.

Getting your epic/myth shouldnt feel like LESS of a hassle then getting this charm.
    Kalika likes this.