2k/4k UI issues fixed for me...hoping for you too.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Forestchild, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Forestchild Well-Known Member

2k/4k UI issues fixed for me...hoping for you too.

Ok, for those of you that are saying their UIs are small and tiny and unplayable.

Got GOOD news for you. I also have an issue when I play the game, if I want to play in a higher resolution. I play on a 48" Sony smart TV, at a resolution of 3840 x 2160, also use DarqUI, and DrumsUI Marketplace. If I choose anything higher than 1920 x 1080 the Ui was tiny. Not anymore. and I have the game in Windows mode. with a free program, called Borderless Gaming. Click the link here.

Looking through the forums, I happen along a statement made by another player that found the fix for it.

All you have to do is the following:

1.Go to Everquest2.exe - (also works for the eq2.exe)
    2.Right Click Icon and go to properties -
    3.Select Compatibility tab -
    4.Click Change High DPI settings -
    5.Select Override high DPI scaling behavior performed by SYSTEM.

[IMG]

Fixes the GUI on my 4k monitor setup on windows 10. Match's windows 10 scaling at 150% in Windowed Mode. Took me a few days to find this solution..... I have tested with DrumsUI and ProfitUI and DarqUI.

Credit for this goes to Ebeud, who posted it on the forums. Thanks Ebeud!!!! You're a Lifesaver.

Please leave a post saying it worked for you or didn't work. I believe it will. makes the game playable again.
    Breanna, Hartay, Altho and 2 others like this.
  2. Altho Well-Known Member

You have no idea how long I have looked for something like this. THANK YOU!
    Breanna, Twyla and Forestchild like this.
  3. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I can once again read! Thanks!
    Breanna, Twyla and Forestchild like this.
  4. Hanyo New Member

Sadly, this did not do the trick for me. No matter what combination of settings I tried, I could not seem to get it to help resolve the UI issue.
    I run at 4K as well with this identical problem but none of the settings seemed to apply any effective change at Fullscreen.