23rd August Developer Questions

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-BollyUK, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Hi guys,
    Shall we get some questions ready for today so we can ask them about things we'd be interested in knowing?
    Take into consideration twitter has very short messages!
    My Lore Questions
    Is the Forsaken City the fabled city of Zebuxor?
    Is Nizara something to do with the Plane of Knowledge?
    Is Dozekar Kerafyrm's father or was he cursed for some other reason?
    Why did Xul'Varien stop being the god of disease?
    Are the shadowed men descended from the Jal'Raeth?
    Who was Kerafyrms mother?
    With the shissar's prophecy, did they know Luclin was to explode and did they prepare for it?
    Will we ever see Aataltaal from the Tarton's Wheel quest?
    Who was Tarton and why did he hate the gods?
    My Other Questions
    Now that we can't open assetcache files due to the new format, what is the zone list for the custom_music folder?
    Can we ever get chat channel access for the public accessible jabber server?
  2. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

3. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Got one answer back
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

So the better question would have been, "Are remnants of the Jal'Raeth race among the Shadowed Men?" Yay for the only Lore question they answered managing to not tell us anything useful!
  5. ARCHIVED-Cronyn Guest

Heya, I'll take a minute to answer some of these. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be at the chat - I've had a ton to do, and time is something I'm in super short supply of. :-( Anyway, the majority of these are going to be a bit vague, which is on purpose - I prefer to show don't tell when possible, where "show" = "in the game". :-D
    Is the Forsaken City the fabled city of Zebuxor?
    • No, it isn't. It DOES have a name, however. :)
    Is Nizara something to do with the Plane of Knowledge?
    • Mmm... sort of, but not directly.
    Is Dozekar Kerafyrm's father or was he cursed for some other reason?
    • That would be telling. Kerafyrm's history is something we're hoping to go into a bit deeper here soon, as he come more to the center stage. How Dozekar and Kerafyrm are related would likely be one of those story points we would explore.

Why did Xul'Varien stop being the god of disease?
    • That is actually deeply tied to some of Anashti's history. I want to dive deeper one day into more of her story, but right now the gods have their hands full (you know, with a universe-smashing dragon with god-slaying powers flying all willy-nilly around the world).
    Are the shadowed men descended from the Jal'Raeth?
    • So actually, I gave Lyndro the wrong information here. Truth be told, I was half-listening, and I completely misunderstood what he was asking me (like, COMPLETELY). So, the Jal'Raeth are a clan of shadowed men, but there are others as well. (And again, totally my fault, I'm sorry - I need a vacation I think. Heh.)

Who was Kerafyrms mother?
    • As before, that would be telling. Hopefully it's something you'll find out soon. :)
    With the shissar's prophecy, did they know Luclin was to explode and did they prepare for it?
    • Ha! I WANT TO TELL YOU THIS, because there is an answer to give. BUT, this is the exact storyline we're going through right now, so all I can say is - You'll find out. :-D
    Will we ever see Aataltaal from the Tarton's Wheel quest?
    • Perhaps, but I couldn't say for sure right now.
    Who was Tarton and why did he hate the gods?
    • If we do explore more of the Tarton's Wheel lore, then that would be a question we could answer then.
  6. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

my mind is blown right now I need a moment before i reply
  7. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

Cronyn wrote:
    *N/M double checked this part*

Also Dozekar the Cursed was a minor dragon in ToV in EQ1, with no apparent relation to Kerafyrm. He wasn't even a loot dropper. He was just involved in the 'trial' quests within the zone. He may well have been cursed for his association with Kera in the past, before Kera was imprisoned in Sleeper's Tomb.
  8. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Malleria wrote:
    There was never a confirmation of vox and nagafen mating to create kerafyrm all there was is that nagafen has lots of prismatic eggs thanks to lady vox
  9. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

Cronyn wrote:
    Thank you so much for answering this! You have no idea how many years I have waited - particularly for the Jal'Raeth shadowed men connection - it was always alluded to with their appearance but finally a confirmation!
    I am so excited to hear about the Shissar potentially knowing about Luclin and i can't wait for that update! Also I'm really excited about hearing more about Xul'Varien and Anashti'Sul and what happened down there around the dead hills and what not - i wouldn't be suprised if Anashti'Sul (or maybe Xul'Varien) was somehow involved with the Jal'Raeth prior to them ending up in the void with her and their new twisted appearance?
    It seems to me like these strange monoliths that appeared with the xulous and around other races of norrath may explain the strange attachments the jal'raeth shadowedmen have on their bodies and is spoken of in the lore about weird growths
    The Forsaken city, full of paladins and shadowknights seemed like the perfect place to be Zebuxor due to similarity to the lore about our lady of betrayal - i know vhalen talked about the island of mara being an important place in the future and I figured it might be something related to this so I am excited to hear more! I know Tanaan is the people there and that the Plane of Knowledge was known as New Tanaan so I could see some unusual connections there - I would love to hear more how the plane of knowledge got the name New Tanaan if the tanaanites are dead now - i made a guess that because the timeline had changed somehow they never transcended to the plane of knowledge and instead ended up in nizara but I am not sure what this is about!
    Any way, thank you so much for all the answers I'm sure all the community appreciates the time you have taken explaining these long unanswered questions!
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I thought it was fairly obvious was the name of the Forsaken City is: Tanaan.

The Plane of Knowledge is the city of New Tanaan, a detail they don't try to hide, on top of the fact that they named it as such after an ancient lost city dedicated to Zebuxoruk and Knowledge.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jait Guest

Cronyn wrote:
    Kerafyrm has a ton of story in EQ1, even pre-split. Not sure how much deeper we can go unless to confirm the Hsraga story?

Dozekar was definitely his daddy at one point, hate to think yet another retcon is about to get slapped down on us dumb, slow mortals.
  12. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Dozekar being Kerafyrm's father was never confirmed at any point before the timeline split (I quit playing EQ1 around the Legacy of Ykesha expansion following PoP, and that was as far as the EQ2-canon story of EQ1 goes). It has always been a popular fan theory, but it was never outright confirmed to my knowledge.
    Anybody who thinks Nagafen and Vox are Kerafyrm's parents really hasn't been paying attention to lore. The entire reason for their imprisonment was to prevent them from producing another Kerafyrm, since he turned out to be so dangerous.
    I wouldn't call Dozekar a "minor dragon in ToV", he was the boss of the East Wing, called the "Halls of Testing." He dropped several varieties of tears that were the main requirement of a number of quests that awarded extremely nice items, end-game gear at that time. Dozekar had more lore in EQ1 than Lord Vyemm or Sevalak, and they both got EQ2 raid zones named after them! Heck, Sevalak was just one of "The Triplets" back when I raided in there, nobody even bothered to remember his name.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

while it is true that Dozekar is never flat out stated to be Kera's father, there's more then enough vague hints and nudges for anyone to come to the conclusion that Kerafyrms dad is Dozekar, who was 'cursed' with eternal punishment of being killed, and then dragon priests rezzing him over and over again, by 'lesser races' looking to prove thier loyalty.
  14. ARCHIVED-BollyUK Guest

I'd like to see just 1 single piece of lore on Dozekar from eq1 cause I have searched heavily
  15. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Thanks for dropping in. I know you're busy, but I have to try...
    • Does the Tower of the Four Winds on Mara have another name?
    • Are my hopes of a final showdown against Kerafyrm among the shattered remnants of Luclin completely in vain?