22nd Warden, top of Butcherblock Where to go next ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Seems a bit tough. I did find some ridge wrigglers, dealt with them rather easily. Something else up there, can't find it in my log file, but I felt a bit outlcassed. Same level as my character.

No merc and no pet.

Then I went outside Qeynos and found some lizards and snakes. Green to my character but they hit hard enough I coiuld take on one or two at a time, but not more than that.

I have bought from the Broker. So I have 1,000 health and 574 mitigation, 1158 avoidance. DPS is 32.

I probably need to buy an expac so I can get mercs.

Any suggestions on gear and zone ?
    Soara2 and Saw-Lau like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You absolutely don't need to get mercs.
    Yes, they'll speed up your leveling. Until level 60, at least, a merc will, effectively, power level you.
    They are absolutely NOT needed for any class sub lvl 80 if you're doing solo content.

Make sure your gear is close to your level. If you haven't done it already, head over to Frostfang Sea and do the questline there. It will give you better gear than the Qeynos quest (yes, you'll be doing lower level content for a bit, but you'll also get a mount as part of the timeline)
    Alternately, start a tradeskill.. tailoring or jeweler for gear. Get into a guild and ask for some help. Post to the crafting channel and see if there is anybody who will make you a set of level appropriate gear (be willing to pay at least a little for the persons time and be ready to supply rares if you want mastercrafted gear). Getting gear directly from crafters is generally far far cheaper than the broker.
    ConcealFate, Soara2 and Saw-Lau like this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Get some totems of the succulent and right click them in your bags to auto consume. Then go kill red mobs within 10 levels of yours and call it a day.
    Don't waste time to go back to get low level gear.

. make sure to always check how much exp per kill you are getting and move along to another area when it is low
    Don't really need mercs ever
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll check Frostfang Sea. Thanks !

I'll watch for totems of the succulent.
    Soara2 and Saw-Lau like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

22 naked warden, no merc, living it up with totems of the succulent
  6. Sabertooth Member

i am a new player as well. What is working for me so far is being above level before i go to a new zone. That way i feel strong and mighty! There are about 3 zones you can quest at for each leveling ranges, and i will get bout 5 levels above before going to a higher zone.

i have no idea what "Mercs" are. will look into that!
    Jaden, Saw-Lau and Soara2 like this.
  7. Sabertooth Member

i will try that totem, thanks !
    Saw-Lau and Soara2 like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Where do I obtain the the totem of succulent then ?

The only quest giver on top of Halas, at New Halas, I could find gave quests for helping my faction with Halas. This character is already at ally.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Grundy New Member

Soara2 likes this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Yep. Broker. Woodworkers make them. Also the zone I was in you need expansion for. It's accessed through the agnostics portal in Qeynos or Freeport. Very good exp for low levels.
    To use the totems, right click them in bags or boxes and hit auto consume

For both of you, if you are on Halls of Fate or Skyfire, I can send you some if you post your character name
    Desetibrat, Breanna and Dude like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Actually, if anyone on halls of fate or Skyfire want some, just post your name

These totems are most likely not available on TLE also, thought I should point that out. they are 90 lvl woodworker recipe.
    Desetibrat and Breanna like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My Skyfire characters are:Elacazhan a Priest/Warden at 14th, Uthesthan a Guardian 12, and Aphubop a Bruiser 12.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Awesome. Will send you some when I get home. Probably be about an hour
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Sent you bags/quiver, plat, totems of the succulent, food and drink (you can equip any lvl food and drink), and some other totems you will need later in life to each of your characters. In game mail takes about 30 min, all coming from Kindled
    You can get a horse with some of the plat from a mount merchant
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks !

How do I send an item from one character/account to another character on another account ? Is it even possible ?
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

If you are on the same server you can mail it. Unless you can 2 box then you can just do a trade.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Liral Active Member

Honestly totems aren't really needed. Just make sure your gear is appropriate for your level and upgrade your spells. Armor and weapons first then jewelry. Upgrade damage and buff spells as much as you can afford. Do this and you will be fine.
    Desetibrat, Soara2 and Mermut like this.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Good point Liral. I try not to spend all that money on lower levels though cause I don't generally stay there that long, I get spell upgrades and gear this way, here and there, the exp is slow but lots of chances for those masters! Plus I like getting status in case I want to chrono down later to do quests in fens, etc. I hit research spell in spell book after I get to the levels for the day, then when its done, just keep refreshing the next, usually AoE as I tend to use those mostly, but this is a no fuss no muss way to get some more

This is a shadow knight. Love love love them!!! I did not use hotkeys or macros to make it easier to see what I was doing!

Also note - This zone does NOT need expansion!!!

Totems do make life easier though, I go through a lot of the escape, deadly sabertooth and succulent ones
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Sabertooth Member

I am "Sare" on skyfire server, there are so many totems...which is best for me at level 53 ? And which is best foods?
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Best is hard to say, there are so many. Will send you what I have. I honestly haven't looked at my new recipes lately

Succulent totems provide damage shield and heal. They work best for lower levels.
    Deadly sabertooth totems make you run fast in zones you cant use a mount in.
    Escape totems take you to safe place in the zone, sometimes just a way to not run across zone.
    Enduring breath totems make you breath underwater and make you look like a blue ghost.

There are more, you can hover over them to see what they do.

Best food and drinks usually take rares. I am not rich so only have these for special occasions.