2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patchkit Member

All though none of the 500 station cash affected me because I pay with station cards month to month . A lot of people in my guild will be very happy that they get to keep there 500 sc , so in turn i'd like to say thank you soe for taking another look at the rewards
    TarnaX, Ranga, Pipsissiwa and 2 others like this.
  2. BambisBrat New Member

Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU for listening to the threads. As I returning player who likes her "fluff stuff" I am happy happy happy that I will still get my 500 sc a month to save or spend at my will. :)
    TarnaX, Feara and Pipsissiwa like this.
  3. Trevynoae Member

see - and you are one of the folks i would like to see to get more "love" for being a gold-member - although it is via cards.
    but you may get something if the new plan goes into effect ... if they reduce the membership-fee the cards are horribly overpriced ... so maybe you get an additional 500sc per card, too? in my eyes: fair to ask about!

although smedley wants to see folks on recurring subs:
    To put it as simply possible - we want you to commit to a recurring sub to get these benefits. I don't want to sugar coat it. That is straight up why.

This in addition makes me think that everything still is only for those on recurring subs - and not every gold member. Maybe the initial plan also was directed just at subscribers - opposed to what RadarX commented? (but SOE knows best - I can just use my crystal ball here)

Can you please find me the quote for that? (I am serious! If that was said somewhere I really want to know!)
    The only thing I find is top 6 in the announcement (in this thread) that says that with the 500sc deal player studio items will be covered (and on reddit he says that soe will most likely cover the payment for the artists if things are paid for with the free sc).
  4. msgnomer Active Member

I think I need to stop reading these forums! I was just coming round to the new scheme, as per my last post, when the SC stuff gets changed back again. However, I'm in the time-for-only-one-game-and-don't-shop-the-marketplace-much group, and so none of it is all that big a deal one way or another. I do appreciate the effort to communicate what's going on.
    jazmeena likes this.
  5. Arnfield Member

Are double tokens staying?
  6. Evlavios New Member

To me either way honestly didn't matter due to I subscribe to play the game regardless. I felt that I will win either way due to the fact that I pay less than $7.50/month and that part is what concerns me. What will happen to those of us that got the discount on our accts to where we pay less than $90/yr. Will we still be locked into that price or will It change? I know someone asked earlier in this thread about the ($90/yr) subs but no response as of yet. So I figured I'd post it again.

Thank you,

Evlavios
    Brezard and Finora like this.
  7. Trevynoae Member

but if they do it as they suggested now ... you will have to pay about $5 less per month for your sub. I think that is worth to notice :)
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  8. Kilar Active Member

Yes
  9. Arieste Well-Known Member

Does this mean that the non-recurring Gold Accounts will continue to NOT get any bonus? It sounded from the previous system that we would. Can we please get an official clarification?
    Brezard likes this.
  10. Ranga Active Member

Of course, now don't upset the apple cart ;)
  11. Darsch Member

here ya go,

We are discussing the feedback we've been getting and we are making some decisions regarding this today. Particularly around Player Studio items (yeah that was a bad idea) and we're talking about bundles as well. I promise that we are listening.

can be read here https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/2014-membership-update-news-from-smed.544428/
  12. Vroya Member

What I'm most happy about is that SOE listened to the population, and changed based on the majority of the outspoken.

Those unhappy with their changed decision should have spoken in favor of the original proposition. Basically it sums up what my dad used to say about politics - "If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain..."

Myself, I see a much needed "added value" to subscribing now. We still get what we have always had - plus a lot more. If you don't think that the 10% Marketplace discount is valuable, you obviously haven't spent (bought) much SC. The permanent double tokens is awesome. The free unrestricted subscription to other games is definitely worth checking out (maybe you'll like Wizardry, EQ1, Vanguard, Planetside, or even the kiddie games).

We haven't lost anything - and have gained. I see this as a win for Subscribers.

The only "valid" complaint I see now is that players now have to actually log into the game to get their free SC. While I can understand that Military can be called away at a moment's notice - I'm betting that SC is the least of their concerns.
    Awkk, TarnaX, Feldon and 5 others like this.
  13. Trevynoae Member

ah ok - this is what you were talking about. thanks.
    yeah - i read that. and the final outcome we can read in the starting post of this thread. but he didn't say a wod about all the other restrictions that might apply. Especially the "1 item per order regardless if it is 2000sc or less" restriction.
  14. din ohtar Member

in reply to Izanami (post 136), the PROPOSED change - which saw the accumulated 500 SC (which could be spend on anything taking SC), being replaced with a single markplace item, upto the value of 2000SC, was to take effect Feb 3.
    Its still early January, so no 2000SC item just yet.
    I expect you were directed to the forums since the original post has the date when your 2000sc item was to take effect. This is a later post, and deals with the reversal of the original call. .
    I have to say, I'm REALLY disappointed. I was looking forward to claiming my free SC item, I was thinking mounts and maybe SC housing later, and when I asked how I was to claim it I was directed here. 2000 SC item over just 500 sc... even if I bought just an 800 SC item it would be a net gain. At the very least I wish there'd been a compromise, say 1000 SC or an option between the item and 500 SC.
    Belenos likes this.
  15. Ranga Active Member

I would like everyone to realise what great entertainment they can get for the price of a couple of beers a month and everyone go on a recurring sub - SoE may then be in a position to produce and supply exceptional Expacs like Ruins of Kunark once again. Even though this game runs on an old engine that creaks from time to time, it is still beer for beer way ahead of all other games in terms of content and lore and playability. and has more life left in it than SoE or anyones' imagination can provide :)

I am quite happy to not use the all access portion of the sub, EQ2 is way enough for me :)
    Awkk, Belenos, Trevynoae and 2 others like this.
  16. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

My personal proposal:

The mechanism /claiming an item which when clicked on offers a choice of item already exists (Desert of Flames monkey house pet, Bonsai Tree etc etc) so why not make an /claim item that when opened offers 500SC or the 2k voucher. The item itself could be LORE so you can only have one unopened in your inventory at a time. Then you couldn't stockpile, at most one in inventory and one to /claim. Even that could be simply prevented with a few checks.

I don't really mind much so long as I get the 500SC still, it is way more flexible for my play style.
    Brezard, Alenna, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  17. Poor Raga New Member

Only because I don't have time to read 8 pages of replies...here is my idea...

/claim and have a choice of hoardable 500sc OR 1 2000sc or less item per month.

Combine the 2 ideas and let the consumer decide which they would like to use that month. That would stop MOST of the complaining imho.
    Awkk, Belenos, Darsch and 2 others like this.
  18. Littlewolf New Member

Ok I tried once before to give my opinion but that was takeing down.... So I will try a second time to share my thoughts on this.

After watching the 65 PAGES of this topic and then this thread which is now to 8 pages. First I have to say to everyone that works for SoE congratulations!!! You have managed to piss off every singel one of your customers and because of you not thinking this through and being so rude to your customers (yes, radarx and smedly you both were rude) you more then likely lose money over this.... so good going!! great bussiness pratices!!!

Now the point of this, I understand we are in a resission and that money is tight everywhere not only with us the consumers, but with the big corperation like Sony and cutting back is to be expected.

BUT we the veterans of this game, the ones who been playing since eq1 launched!!! I am sorry I feel like I am being ripped off; the last two years the vet reward sucked!! and then to add insult to injury you put a system in place that ANYONE can get the rewards I waited years to get. You have taken away the gobblin gold, you want to take our station cash, you want to do all this stuff then promise of we have cool stuff planed for you guys and then when you tell us about it I feel I am getting further ripped off and feel like my bussiness is not appreshated any more then one of your silver accounts and that slihglty bothers me because I have been paying for a service from you, supporrting you company close to 20 years now.

Personally I say take it all away the station cash, the vet rewards, the free to play and every other permotion you have going, take it all, what I want is is customer service from people who sound happy to do thier job, I want a game that functions properly, and I do not want to feel like when SoE comes out with another promtion I am getting screwed in the deal!!
    Stop giving us cool stuff and perks.. it only causes problems (seriously 65 pages should tell you this!!!!) invest money and time in the prodect you are offering to the public. Because the more you try to bribe your customers to play the more they WILL walk away.
    SERIOUSLY TAKE IT ALL ..... STOP BRIBEING ME TO PLAY YOUR GAME!!
    Avahlynn likes this.
  19. Sayntlee Member

I for one am floored by you reversing it back, I may have actully started playing Dragon's Prophet again, and Wizardry, Truth is only reason I renewed my gold subscription was for the free item every month, well looks like I'm saving my sc and buying some to pay for the slots on my account and going back to ftp.
  20. Artemiz Active Member

While logical, there is a history of the majority of players not participating in forum discussions. In-game discussions can be very different from those had on the forums. A squeaky minority can often be misinterpreted.

I hope they find a way to give people a choice as to whether they would prefer a single item up to 2000sc or 500sc to hold on to for future use.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.