2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naramsin Well-Known Member

The original post does not say:
    "The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly, but if you do not claim for that month, you lose it for that month":
    It does say:
    "The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly."

It may mean claim it or lose it, but there's a slim chance that that may not be the case, so I'm still patiently waiting clarification from RadarX or Smed.
  2. mouser Well-Known Member

What part of "make you claim it monthly" is confusing to you?

The word make implies that you must do something - if you don't, then the consequence (getting the Station Cash in this case) won't happen.
    TarnaX likes this.
  3. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

The OP (if read further) also says:

"You can still hoard it though I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned in the other thread."

It is quite clear what the intent is.

But, I think the problem still arises because after making the statement above, we are then asked to:

"As always your feedback is welcomed. Please do us a big favor and carefully think about #3. Our goal is to give you more value in the subscription to make it more attractive and making it simpler in the process."

#3 details about SC. So some could construe that the decision is not final and they are still listening to feedback. But he also adds:

"I really feel like we're making a good decision going this route. It makes things simpler and gives more value to our players."

Which is (to me) indicating that SOE feels that the things outlined in the Original Post, is the best deal they can offer concerning the 500 SC and would like for us to agree with the decision because "it makes things simpler". Simple usually means easier to implement and manage across the board since different games are involved.
    TarnaX likes this.
  4. Wizen Heimer New Member

I was never worried about the free sc because thats just what it is FREE, im not paying for it.
    What I would like to know is
    As a recurring gold member what is going to be the difference between me and the people that pay with krono and game cards?
  5. Darkfoz Active Member

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and say the differences will be very little due to someone somewhere paying for the krono/gamecard or a recurring sub.
  6. beagley Well-Known Member

According to the recent tweets and messages in this thread - nothing now. Gold membership is gold membership, Haven't seen anything that now suggests recurring subs will get any additional perks but Smed did state they prefer to get people on recurring subs. It therefore could happen in the future but at this moment it appears that there is little or no difference.
  7. Redshift21 Member

"Double Currency" -vs- "Double Alternate Currency" -vs- "Double Token" . . .

. . . could I please get a VERY clear answer on what we are talking about, regarding the new permanent benefit coming up for Gold Accounts? With all three quoted terms being thrown around, I am not convinced that the current "Double Alternate Currency" (as it was originally coined) and is currently active until 02/25/2014 is what RadarX meant.

RadarX, please clarify and verify.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

I believe it means double tokens, 15% more coin.
    in other words, you do a quest for 75 BG tokens, you gain another 75 (double)
    you loot 1 plat you get a extra 15 gold.
    but it was put as a perma buff because everyone liked it.
    Radar is pretty clear in the point he is making imo
  9. Redshift21 Member

Thanks for the reply, but all we have to work with is what we "believe" is being "meant" - hence the request for a clear explanation. I'm "hoping" or "assuming" RadarX meant the "Double Alternate Currency" benefit that is currently in effect for Gold Accounts, but I'd prefer to know for sure.
  10. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

from the email

We are also excited that Gold Membership now includes:

• 15% More Coin

• 10% More Mount Speed

• Permanent Double Tokens

• Past Expansion Items available for Loyalty tokens (coming the week of January 6th)
  11. Redshift21 Member

Yes, I got the same email . . . so again . . . "Double Currency" -vs- "Double Alternate Currency" -vs- "Double Token" . . .

I would like to know what is meant by "Double Tokens". If it means ONLY items that have "tokens" in the name, that is NOT the same as the "Double Alternate Currency" benefit that is currently in effect for Gold Accounts - I'm asking for clarification.
  12. Meri New Member

it's not really a guess. The temporary double benefit that we are already getting that was supposed to end in February has been made permanent. It's not a belief or assumption, but what was announced.
    Avahlynn, Finora and Absyntheea like this.
  13. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

The permanent double tokens is the same as we have been getting. Double e'ci tokens, etyma, city tokens, ETC. I'm not sure what is hard to understand here.

Also.. Yes.. you *will* have to log in to get your 500 SC each month or it WILL *poof*. It works the same way as the monthly LON cards. I'm also not sure what is hard to understand there.

I am still hoping that there will be a proposal for a way to do the 2k voucher.. and a vote. I can see benefits to both. Were I g\to get a 2k voucher, I'd most likely use it to buy houses and mounts. Even if I already have a mount, I can use it as a house item.

I'm kind of sad that they changed it back without even letting us know the full proposed details. It might have changed people's minds. I was on the fence because of the restrictions that seemed to come with the 2k voucher benefit.
    Katra likes this.
  14. Redshift21 Member

Has it been verified that "Double Currency" =EQUALS= "Double Alternate Currency" =EQUALS= "Double Token" ? If so, could you please link? I guess I missed that confirmation.

Was there a post that I missed that states that the permanent benefit is EXACTLY like the current benefit we have for Gold Accounts? If so, could you please link? I guess I missed that confirmation.
  15. Magic Missiles Active Member

Can we have this thread locked now..
  16. Naramsin Well-Known Member

"What part of "make you claim it monthly" is confusing to you?"

None of that statement. It clearly states you have to claim it monthly, however, it does not outrightly state that if you don't claim it that month that you can't claim it later.

"The word make implies that you must do something - if you don't, then the consequence (getting the Station Cash in this case) won't happen"

Sure it states that you must do something, but doesn't say that you cant claim for a particular month after that month is over. that is the assumption made by you and other responders, but not yet confirmed as fact.

I am sorry if my replies has gotten some people ticked off, that is not what I intended to do. All I wanted was to know what I can expect. So far it looks like I'll have to figure it out the hard way. cross your fingers that I don't forget.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

it is a Claim it or lose it after you claim it you can save the 500sc but you have to get on at least once every month to claim the 500sc
  18. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The 2k voucher was also a "claim-it-or-lose-it" item. Like the LoN cards - if you don't claim them monthly by logging into LoN, you lose that months' packs. They don't accumulate. Why would you think the 500SC claim ability would accumulate, when SOE had clearly stated that the 2k voucher was claim or lose, and the LoN cards already are claim or lose? It is reasonable to extrapolate (and seems pretty clear to me from the discussions and information from SOE) that the 500SC will also be claim or lose for the month. The difference is that once claimed, the 500SC will be added to your balance and can be saved, unlike the 2k voucher item (which disappeared every month it was not claimed). SOE has also stated that an accumulating benefit as the 500SC was previously is a tax problem and that they are moving to fix this.

You are correct in that they have not spelled out in exact wording precisely what is included and in what form. However, by applying some logic and not standing on semantics, it is pretty evident what the intent is.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

oops. note to self read do not scan the whole post before replying.
  20. Meri New Member

Yes, there was something. No, I don't want to go dig it up. I'm too tired to go look for it. It was the original post and thread about the temporary double (ending February something or other) that spelled it out, very specifically. Not to mention that we've been using it, so we do actually know exactly how it works. Then there was the post that said that they've decided to make it a permanent part of gold.

You're reading far too much into this and expecting legalese when it shouldn't be required. You gotta just go ahead and read all of the posts from multiple threads and trust people a little, huh? XD

@Magic. Why req a lock? We're just having a discussion. No one is required to read the thread if they're tired of it.

Some said that the 2k voucher people didn't speak up while the 500 sc people dominated the discussion. This thread was made for us to continue our discussion, comments and questions. Let those who wish to still voice their opinions do so o.o
    flameweaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.