2014 Membership Benefit Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estred Well-Known Member

As a Player Studio Artist, your correct. We do need people spending actual money on our items to make it worthwhile for us to continue putting in the hours it takes to create these items. A recent item I did took 21 Hours of total work over four days to complete. If it get's put in at 500 SC then I only get $2 per item sold. I know why they did it but it will be interesting to see how this fairs out.
    Kurisutaru and aspekx like this.
  2. Reggie777 Member

As an alomst 10year veteran with EQ2, I am NOT pleased with the SC changes. The difficulty I have is the "one item" limitation. This will in effect mean that any and every item is now 2000 SC. Even a small item. If you really wanted to be nice to us, possibly up the 500 monthly to 1000 SC and let us use it, or accumulate it as we see fit. Even if the 1000SC expires monthly, at least we could spend it on getting many smaller items. But the one item caveat does nothing good for us.

Please reconsider the changes... or at least offer us a monthly option. One month we can choose the new plan, and another month, the old plan.

Another question... how will I be able to distinguish between these bonus SC and SC that I purchase with real money? This new plan is really poorly thought out, and does no one any real true benefit.
    Hamster, aspekx, Ranga and 1 other person like this.
  3. Laedee Member

I won't be able to decide whether this is a good thing or a bad thing until I see how much they have excluded. I rarely even think about the 500sc we get every month because I don't use that much. Gifts to friends, and odds and ends, here and there is about it. According to what they don't exclude I might be willing to use that 2k on monthly splurges that I haven't before. But again it depends on when we finally find out all of what they do and don't exclude.

Like most others I'm not interested in extra mounts I've got more of those on my 3 maxed toons than I can shake a stick at... and keep my hand attached. ;) I do like the prestige homes but I've got most of the ones I really want. Then again as long as they aren't excluded it would let me pick up a new one when they come out. I understand about the player made items, real cash paid out to the makers needs real cash to back it up. I won't hold my breath that service items or even certain service items will be available though that would be nice. I agree that the one item only clause is a pain especially since we won't be allowed to use it on bundles if I'm reading the initial post correctly. Looking back at my own thoughts here plus all those from others who've posted there seem to be more cons than pros for most people. A lack of really firm information on the exclusions is a big part of this.

I've been an all access subscriber from my first day in the game because there was no F2P Everquest 2 at the time and I don't mind the monthly fee to support a game I love to play. I spend real cash periodically for sc if there is something I want, but this is one of the few games I've played where I could actually play and never spend a dime outside of my subscription. I came from games that were f2p but to have any real enjoyment or success you pretty much had to spend way more than the cost of EQ2's monthly subscription, so for me the perks came as in game things bag slots, bank slots, etc that you normally had to buy. So my view on all of this is skewed by that, but I do see this from the point of view of people who looked forward to that 500sc each month to spend or save as they saw fit when tight budgets or parental restrictions put the kebash on spending extra cash on the game. All I hope for is that SOE doesn't make so many restrictions/exclusions that the 2k simply becomes a worthless gesture.
    Hamster, Kurisutaru, Haffykin and 2 others like this.
  4. Stardrama Member

As a gold member, I have yet to see a gift of 500SC a month or ever. So I have yet to use it. Maybe this will be something I can use. Outside of a Premium house, a mount, or a new character slot, I can't think of anything I would spend this much on all at once anyway. I would like to see the 2000SC dividable so it can be spent on anything though. One-size-fits-all doesn't sound too great.
    Hamster likes this.
  5. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I agree with this post completely.
    Hamster, aspekx and Ranga like this.
  6. Hammdaddy Active Member

Everyone chill out they posted this late at night, no wonder no is responding. What if your job asked you to take work to home? How would you feel?
    Spindle likes this.
  7. Sugar New Member

I register my protest.
    When I bought a Gold account, it was with 500sc p/month with no forecast of change.
    Hamster and aspekx like this.
  8. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Bait, meet Switch.
    Hamster, Torvaldr and aspekx like this.
  9. Pippers Active Member

Well thank you SOE.....
    You have just convinced me to drop gold status from at least 2 of our houses 3 accounts. The ONLY reason I may keep the 3rd one gold is to sell on the broker.
    I may drop that one too if these are the kind of improvements we keep seeing.

2k on one item will be useless .....if we could buy multiple items or bundles it might be useful but as it stands I doubt I'd ever use it.
    I can understand excluding PS items but I'd bet real $$ we see all the service stuff like char slots and any limited (oh like Frostfell/holiday specific) items excluded as well.

Sorry no matter how hard I try I just can't see this as an improvement.
    I've tried supporting this game by paying for 3 gold subs and buying SC with real $$ on a regular basis but I just don't feel the love anymore....guess it's time to spend my money on other things. :(
    Hamster, suka, Buggabug and 2 others like this.
  10. yerbo Member

So no more upgrading spells and CAs with SC then? Really? Because that is pretty much the ONLY thing I used SC for. Day after day I get the feeling SOE really does not want me for a customer. I am very unhappy about this. VERY. First you let BGs rot and now this.
    Stella_AB and aspekx like this.
  11. Kilar Active Member

I have some questions? I know people have asked similar one's in this thread but I am hoping that mine will be a little more specific.

1. I remain gold, get the 2000SC. That 2000SC, is it added to the 500+SC that I already have?
    2. If it is added and I spend 100SC on a trinket, will the 100SC be taken from my 2000kSC allowance or the 500+SC that I previously had?
    3. If it is taken from my original balance and I spend no more SC that month will my balance at the end of the month be 400+SC (losing in effect the 2000SC)?
    4. If I spend the 100SC and the payment is taken from the 2000SC 1st and spend no more in that month then my balance will be the original 500+SC?
    5 If I buy SC during the month (either using a card or from SOE directly) How will you differentiate between my original balance, The balance after the 2000SC allowance and the addition of SC from these other sources?
    6. If you are able to differentiate between the various sources of SC, which of the 3 will the purchase of goods from the market be taken from 1st?

I have more questions I am just so *issed off with SoE just now though and I don't want this to turn into a 'RANT!'

I think it will be easier to just Pay with Kronos or stay silver. Maybe that's what SOE really wants.......?
  12. Simparri Active Member

The biggest sticking point for most people, including myself, is that you are mandated to spend the 'extra' SC on one single item & bundles are not allowed. I can see them not letting player made stuff be bought by it, they do need to repay those designers. A far better method would be to start a different currency similar to the Goblin Gold & give 2000 of that per month & reset it at end of month. Set differing prices for SC & the new currency similar to what they have already done with the Goblin Gold & Dungeon Marks. Drop the restriction of having to buy a single item. If that is done I'd lay good odds that it would cancel out the vast majority of the complaints stated on this thread.
  13. Kaito Member

Q1: If we use Krono to sub as GOLDmembership, will this take effect too?

Q2: Do we need a recurring membership like the gifting function to have this effect?

->.............Nearly all items within the games’ Marketplace will be available for this selection.
    [IMG] Predicting Service, Feature & Prestige Housing will NOT be included.
  14. Nelie Well-Known Member

You and some others, and I don't mean to offend you or those that have asked, have put way too much thought into this. I really do not think they will take credited station cash back from you. I am going to take a shot in the dark and say there will probably be a system that will pop up and ask if you want to use the 2k monthly credit or your current balance. I really don't see them forcing people using 1 option before the other.
    baconlettuceandtomato likes this.
  15. Gourdon Well-Known Member

My guess is that this is motivated by the possibility of a large quantity of Player Studio items being sold. If a significant portion are bought with Station Cash from recurring subs, then SOE is essentially paying part of the subscription fee for Gold to players. It is a direct drain on core revenue. Player Studio is supposed to be an additional revenue source, so they don't want that happening.

A solution to player concerns could be that they will allows bundles of smaller items to be purchased to some minimum threshold. For example, if you are buying a 100SC item and the minimum threshold is 300SC, then you would get 3 items. Setting the threshold to somewhere between 300 and 500 SC would definitely make a lot of people much happier and make this change go down a whole lot easier.
    daicia, Stella_AB and Afista like this.
  16. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I too see this as a negative. I would rather have 500 per month that carries over to spend how I choose. I too tend to buy player studio items and/or smaller items like housing expanders. With this new "benefit" I'm actually getting less.
    Hamster likes this.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

I would agree with Gourdon here, adding a Threshold of 300 SC would be acceptable. Most Player Studio items are 500 SC.
  18. Erillia Bloodrose New Member

I would have to agree with the postings listed here. Both my husband and I have playing for about 4 years as Gold Members. With the changes being made to Gold Accounts in past few months and now this, we are seriously thinking about dropping out Gold status. We don't usually make one large purchase from the SC Market. We make small ones for decorating items, appearance items, etc. If we happen to see a new house we like, we either have saved up enough of our 500SC/month or purchase the extra that we need. As it stands right now, we have been saving up for a server transfer token (which costs 2450SC), not covered by the new "perk" of up to 2000SC/month. Once the changes go into effect we will either need to delete the characters and re-make them on the new server (and waste all the time we have spent building them and the money we have all spent on SC purchased items) or purchase the SC in addition to the $15/month we already pay for out Gold Accounts. As members who regularly purchase and use SC, I would like to see the option of either 500SC/month or a way to be able to purchase more than one item perhaps over the course of the month for the 2000SC.
    Hamster likes this.
  19. Annakari New Member

I don't like this new idea at all, it literally makes it worthless for me to buy a year's subscription every year, because there are months I do not have time to log in. As it is I think this went out already for the cards, because I don't always log in to get those either and the extra cute things were valuable to me. This tells me that yearly memberships are not valuable to the company because I do not always log in every month. :( Which in a way means I ought to start saving my money then and only actually pay for any months I might actually use... tops six out a year.
    Hamster, Neche and aspekx like this.
  20. Annakari New Member

Also, my husband and I both pay yearly and barely play.... I could always just say "Hey, we got cards and SC even though we played one month out of this year" and one year we did just that because we are so busy, maybe logged in a week out of the entire year. Which, I know, to everyone else already seems like a waste of money, but I like EQ2 and until now I could "justify" paying for something I don't use... but if they change that, I don't know that we will anymore. :(
    Hamster, daicia, Neche and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.