2014 Membership Benefit Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tesshin Member

I bet you real money that the 280AA item will not be one of the allowed items for the 2k coupons.
    aspekx and Wirewhisker like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Radarx said it'd affect All Access as well.

If this is across all SOE games as someone else said, I know they are losing at least one sub on a different SOE game, without the 500sc the difference in subbing & not just isn't great enough. Probably going to drop one of my gold accounts here as well.

If they are trying to milk more SC purchases from their already paying customers, they certainly won't be getting any extra SC purchases from me. I won't buy anymore than I have before. I'll just suck it up and not buy stuff I might have otherwise. All those little purchases people like me make (and buy extra SC for) add up.
    Hamster, Kurisutaru, Neche and 2 others like this.
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Not happy, for all the same reasons everyone else has given.
    Hamster, aspekx and Wirewhisker like this.
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

So I got a year sub for $120- and bought ToV for $30- and figured well at least now I am set for a year without needing to pay for anything and now you want to take away my 500 monthly SC which the only reason I went for the year sub. Hope you plan on offering refunds because it like your breaking my contract which stated I got 500 SC every month.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

In a thread on general, people were discussing changing the gold perks. A lot of people wanted more SC out of the deal. Well, here it is. I think it's actually a smart move. So many people already admit they don't spend the free SC as it is. Now people can get even more for their money spent on a gold sub and SOE isn't screwing themselves so hard.

People who make stuff for Player Studio deserve to get something for their troubles. Allowing people to just hoard free currency to spend on these items wasn't helping anyone. SOE ultimately has to take the hit for people's cheap tendencies. If it goes on for too long, we lose the game. This is all about supporting the game under the Free model.

There was a response to this on the first page.
    "There won't be a difference between All Access and Gold Membership in regards to this change."

A lot of it comes in single crates, costing under 2000.

1. Nothing happens. You simply stop earning more free SC come February 3rd.

2. My guess is there's some sort of token used once a month on any purchase. They have ways of doing stuff like that.
    Afista and Belenos like this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The contract you accepted said things are subject to change.
    Spindle likes this.
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

I knew someone would get to correct me about my post. Not surprised it you Deveryn.
    aspekx, Feldon and Ranga like this.
  8. Jojo Member

Sure, and they give us a month's notice AFTER all the special offers at Xmas/New Year intended to lure new members into paying gold membership. Cunning.
    aspekx and Wirewhisker like this.
  9. Nelie Well-Known Member

I think they should just give us 2k straight up. If you can go to Wal-Mart and get 2k SC for $15 (well plus tax of course) and just kick my accounts down to silver and spend my FULL 2k SC on stuff I want, I really wouldn't see the point in having Gold membership then. You can argue the minor perks all day long between Gold and Silver but this change is just terrible.
    Hamster, Neche and aspekx like this.
  10. Juion New Member

So, how does this affect people who don't get 500SC normally?
    Ravenwoman likes this.
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I mean regarding the other games we play on our all-access account.
  12. Rhavi New Member

Trying to think of how even one person could find this to be bad. Use the full potential of your SC (2000sc item), and then spend a little bit of SC to buy the worthless appearance armor, and even more worthless house items for the 100's, 200's, etc that they cost. You guys realize that unattuner packs, race potions, the norrathian witness protection pack, the 280aa bauble, etc are things you can use with this?
    Belenos likes this.
  13. Ravenwoman New Member

I agree. There are those, including myself, who probably are not receiving the 500SC every month. I don't remember the last time I got it and I've had a gold membership for almost 10 yrs. now. What gives?
  14. Nelie Well-Known Member

What people who are not liking this are buyers of small priced items...they would rather get 3-4 free items out of their 500 SC monthly rather than 1 free item off whatever you can use out of no more than 2000 SC. What may be worthless to you can be valuable to someone more casual.
    Hamster, Dohmyr, Spindle and 2 others like this.
  15. Bashem Well-Known Member

Just curious where you got the info that those stated items would be all available as I seen nothing which list what items are excluded?
    Kurisutaru, Dohmyr, Finora and 3 others like this.
  16. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Also, the folks who buy things that are over 2000 SC. They could save up for it 500SC at a time. Now, nothing...
    Hamster, Dohmyr, Finora and 2 others like this.
  17. Nelie Well-Known Member

That too...I am in that boat that will sink.

@ Rhavi, I too am curious as to where you found out that those listed items will 100% for sure be. Link please?
    aspekx, Dulcenia, Ranga and 1 other person like this.
  18. Hawkes Member

They've essentially changed the program from 500 SC a month to one free purchase per month (up to 2000 SC value). SOE has probably done analysis and found that most players who make SC transactions make many small transactions. Thus, they lose potential revenue by granting anytime SC. Now they've essentially limited the program to one free purchase per month, hoping to reclaim all those other micro transactions that they've been giving away. Perhaps their analysis even shows that Silver members spend more than 1500 SC per month on average, so Gold Subscriptions aren't as valuable as one might think...
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. Tesshin Member

Bottom line is, I don't see how they will put the Service items available for use with the 2k monthly. It's such an earner for SOE that their last big service sales was for a whopping 10% off. So I think those who really want to squeeze the 2k for all its worth will have to stick to prestige houses and fancy mounts.
    Dohmyr, aspekx and Wirewhisker like this.
  20. Urop New Member

With the awful sale on the Frostfell Items on New Year Eve and Day and now to the news about our 500 Station Cash what else are they going to hit us with?
    The 2000 sound nice but! you can't use them on player made items and most of that stuff is sooo cute, and the new Prestige House that comes out at that time will not be available either :(
    And we must not forget the bundles they aren't included, so what are we left with. Pay for Merc so we can get them no matter where we are, no no no. and buy a heroic Charater or update one you already have I don't think so, Soe wants there money for that. We will probably be able to get only what does not sell, like they had on this past Sale:( Bummer !
    aspekx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.