20% Hate Gain On Epic... Are you Joking? ((Another RANT!!)) -- ATTN PLEASE DEVS !!!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

well all we can do is compare ourselves to the best DPS tanks and the best survivable tanks, while zerk remains king in dps we hardly are the kings of survivability(as we shouldn't be and you will see me put down those who think we should). i personally just want to see this class rounded out as best i feel it should. every class should have one or several people who do the same, we can't have everything we like but small steps here or there is a good place to start and i'm glad we are finally listened to because i'm sure they are listening to you as well, we all just have to be patient is all.
    these changes for zerks should be viewed as the start, and i understand your frustruations. it's been a while since any tank has really been shown any real love after the mythicals were introduced and it will take some time even beyond now to see more changes for the better i'm sure.
  2. ARCHIVED-speedycerv Guest

We have an SK as our offtank and he does a pretty good job. Look up redzen and ask him for some knowledge.
  3. ARCHIVED-speedycerv Guest

Also, zerkers obviously need some help seeing as there 6 pages of master from 71-80 on my server.
  4. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

I had a feeling there would be a lrn2play post, grats
  5. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Lyger you sell out you sound like an SOE spokesman how much you getting paid.
  6. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

if they pay for my airfare to vegas, pay my bar tab and for my room i'll say whatever they want me to.
    (no they're not, but i'd take it if they did)
  7. ARCHIVED-Chaostik Guest

So, um, if I die this helps me get back to the top of the hate list how exactly? It's a nice addition when the sun is shining and all's well with the world, but given the situationality of the taunt to start with and the lack of help getting up and going again and the fact you have to get the Mythical to get it anyway it doesn't figure as a fix for me tbh.

Ah well - maybe I'll get my positional hate modifier once everyone's 90 ... shame there was a lack of imagination to help out the non hard-core raiders, where I would have imagined the probability of an off-tank dieing and needing to get going again is higher anyway.
  8. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i had originally thought this was a tweak but reading it as a buff on the mythical only, i am still a little disappointed. top raiding zerks aren't the only ones who needed it.
  9. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

So you need to use an OPEN AE taunt when you want to snap aggro from your currently targetted mob? Sounds useful in narrow instances o_O
  10. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    This change is the next joke after the 20 % hate gain. 5 positions every 3 minutes? That is not an effect that can bring us from last to top place of the hate list, that's nothing but Rescue on a shorter timer. And it doesn't help people without the Mytical.

And still, where is the defense on the weapon? This is supposed to be the best weapon a Beserker (= TANK) can get and there are T7 weapons you can get with a pickup raid with superior defensive effects.
  11. ARCHIVED-RULlawyer Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    I second your thoughts Lyger.
    Changing gear doesn't fix the class, it just perpetuates the imbalance into the next expansion.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Ok, compared to the other fighters mythicals our does seem to lack a some more defense. I would be happy with a highter dmg reduction as this would help with the spike dmg we have to deal with more than the defensive tanks, but to say you can get a better weapon from a pick raid zone...... I have yet to see anything that beat the mythical....
    Dmg raiting: 120
    1hnd
    +10 Defense
    +5 Sheild Effectiveness
    5% Damage Reduction
    Please........ It doesnt compare to the Guardian, paladin, and monk mythical it terms of what we gain from it but we are offensive tank not defensive tank and to say fabled raid drops are better is a bit silly. I could be wrong and if i am please point me at said item so i can get it.
    I am very happy with the effect that the mythical gives it definatly fill that void that we are missing with snapaggro, but arnt the shadowknight getting their only snap aggro abilty on their mythical to..... As for this abilties usefullness.... have you lost your mind. This abilty on the mythical is arguably one of the best hate postion taunts in the game. It obviously doesnt beat Reinforcement or Holy ground, but if you want to be a paladin or guardian then go roll one. Any beserker who raid should be in the 3-5 on the parse which means you should easily gain aggro once you pop this abilty and as already states we do not have any problem maintaining aggro once it is obtained.
    I for one am happy that the dev's decided to listen. I have mixed feeling about whether this should be a permant buff on the insolence. I have never had any problem with aggro control outside of raiding and inside of raiding there had been beserker tanking even through ROK so it can be done. This abilty truly does make the mythical "Mythical" In my eyes or at least a step in the right direction.
  13. ARCHIVED-Endorplasmic Guest

On Flames Cal brought up a *very* good point about having +5 on an AE taunt. Since this is a change on the Mythical version of the weapon (would mean that the zerk is hitting raid content). There are a lot of fights in where the OT and the MT are close together when managing adds and this would be just like hitting rescue on the things you are not targeting as well.

What I would propose is adding the effect to Open Wounds. Since the mythical made that spell pretty much bunk now it would be a great way to re-use it for positional hate gain. We have it already setup in the AA tree to lower the cast time for those that would want it as well. IMO it would be a great way to give positional hate without the dangers of getting hate on targets you don't want hate on.
  14. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Zhonata wrote:
    I was reffering to the Soulfire Gladius. A 5 % chance to block a 10k+ attack is clearly superior to 0.5 block (with Virtue's Guard equiped) and 5 % dmg reduction on the Mythical.
  15. ARCHIVED-Endorplasmic Guest

Zhonata wrote:
    Put on the 3% riposte/parry adornment like I said in the other thread ;) It's called "Smoldering Balanced Ayr Stone". It's fabled, it's T8, and it's delicious.
  16. ARCHIVED-Phank Guest

It's obvious that the Berserkers complaining about aggro are not Raiding in this expansion. Because as Pitty stated, our Berserker constantly rips aggro from our MT Guardian and doesn't have an issue with hate whatsoever.
    This change seems like a bit unneccesary for any ROK Berserker that has actually put in the time in Tier 4 to get geared.
    I wish Sony would just remove Crusaders from the game and put us out of our misery!
  17. ARCHIVED-Airborne101 Guest

Pitt Hammerfist wrote:
    Want to know the big bad secret? SoH white/low yellow con mobs ftw. Yes that dps can happen when you can actually hit the mob with a decent hit rate. Then again... are you going to get mad at ALL the melee(and some mages) because they can do higher dps in there too? Not to mention if we were to OT that zone our dps would be alot lower... MT only buffs + extra chance to proc beserk + weapon shield + threat & dmg proc = more dmg and aggro to help with our tanking. Our monk has been at the top, or top 3 of the parses while in OT group.. imagine if he got MT buffs.
    I'm not saying SK's don't need a boost, because we have one and I've seen his dps/survivability. But don't compare your dps to a tanking fighter of any kind.. unless you can tell me what your dps is while tanking SoH.(and don't tell me it can't be done.. ours could do it easy) And while SK's have alot of problems, I'm always jealous of how when our MT dies in VP.. while I'm hitting everything I possibly can to get aggro the SK hits deathmarch or his mythical clicky and has it instantly. I don't cry to the devs to nerf your aggro control so please leave ours out of it.
    Back on topic.. I think this is a step in the right direction, but I think that since its not a threat proc on every hit, would it really kill sony to match its recast to the same of reinforcements. I mainly ask for this because of mobs that memwipe.. sure this will help, and then rescue the 2nd memwipe maybe.. but the 3rd chances are we'll be back in the same boat with nothing up due to long recasts.
  18. ARCHIVED-Airborne101 Guest

Phank wrote:
    Steady hate gain yes we're fine.. sort of why you see all the zerks telling the devs to remove the 20% hate gain.................
    Since you are having trouble reading.. the zerker issues is efficient EMERGENCY aggro snapping abilities. Simple point.. we have none.
    SK has deathmarch/mythical clicky, Guardian has Reinforcements, Paladin has (not counting amends/sigil) Holy Ground, Monk has Peel, Bruiser has Divide and Conquer. And ALL have rescue on top of that.
    This by far is not a change that's devastating to any other tank class... but on the contrary putting us in line with you all in an area we lacked.
  19. ARCHIVED-Baug Guest

I think this is going to work out pretty well for us. Clawing your way back up the hatelist after a death is just agonizing right now, and this is going to help with that. It also gives us another rescue on a shorter timer which we sorely need. I'd prefer this wasn't tied to a weapon really, but hey, it's some love and a good change. I can see there might be some concern about accidently pulling the MT mob when you're trying to get adds, so a proc approach would probably be more useful (I think the war pledge line was a positional in t5?) but I think I can live with it to get this kind of snap.

As many already pointed out, trickle aggro has never been our problem...it's SNAP aggro. Having only a 9 minute rescue when every other fighter has additional snap tools + rescue has been getting aggravating.
  20. ARCHIVED-victer Guest

Endorplasmic wrote:
    you keep saying this over and over but this statement is kinda moot since every 1 hand weapon in the game can adorn this adornment. What difference does this make?