2 Wardens in a group - what overlaps?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Siskiyou, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

Recently it seems like I'm always being put in a group with another Warden. Just as experiment today I didn't heal the first half the raid. I used 3 baby heals on the Necro and tossed one at the MT group (but the healer there landed their's first) The group never dropped, just as if I was healing alone. The Necro dropped as they do on Life Burn, but as usual easy to fix. I raid to do my job, not leach tokens. All the bosses except the last one I've single healed the group many times - as has our other healers. Today we had an extra Warden from outside.
    I try to explain that our heals don't "cancel" but they just overlap and don't do much - especially if both Wardens toss the same heal at the same time on the same person. Even group heals don't add, they just cook off and one Warden can keep both group heals going all the time. Parse? yeh right. If you add up both Warden's parses you get the exact same one as if just one Warden was in the group - maybe just maybe slightly more. Remove the second Warden, the results are the same - even in tough healing. You see the lives dip the same (both Wardens would have been on it and only one heal count probably) and if things go bad there is nothing that both Wardens could help together - instinctively we go for the same heals at that point instead of thinking "not first spell, use second, buff such and such, not that other guy" Do you always figure ahead of time that is the Illy starts to drop it's yours to heal, I get the Necro? When they are swapping on the run, how do you even have time to type or discuss it on a non-talk vent and when you are too busy healing to type anything?
    I'd like some facts, some comments, perhaps even solutions other than the ones given by other raid Wardens that have been basically, "don't put up with that, just leave when that happens." (which I did finally today - maybe I'll be looking for a new guild - so much for following that advice)
  2. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

The only real thing that I can say on the topic is that a true veteran raid healer warden will be able to quickly see who needs what amount of healing and macros will help on things like lifeburns and with the second warden it would be more one person healing in group, the other spot healing out of group. Beyond that point it becomes knowing the other warden and how they'll respond to situations and covering what they don't (IE the warlock that thinks he can tank or the swash that sleight of hand the troub shouting "F.U. troub!" >.> you know who you are...).
    The larger of the heals is what lands, so if your heals are the weaker ones, save your power and use other abilities or cast them across group to spot heal if possible.
    Any raid leader worth their salt would not stick 2 wardens together and expect them both to heal, which leaves one for healing, one for dpsing, in which case then the leader REALLY isn't worth their salt. For this reason, I don't really see why the question would even come up because if it's happening, you're better off in a p.u. raid. If the question is coming up more than on a rare and situational incident, then it's time to look somewhere else to warden.
  3. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Two healers both attempt to cure someone. The healer who's cure hits the afflicted character first does the actual cure. The other healer's cure is nada except for power loss of using the spell.
    It sounds like your raid leader lacks information on how to put groups together with what he has. In our guild, many times, we have 4 plus druids and maybe one plate or one chain healer. The raid leader learns it is not efficient to put to druids in the same group.
    I would have a quiet talk with your raid leader and explain why having two healers of the same archtype and subclass is detrimental to the raid. I would compare it to having two archtype tanks in the same group, particulary if there is a lack of hate transfer in the group or battery mana. You can even point the raid leader to sources that would explain how raid groups are made up.
    That said, if you continually find yourself in a group with another warden, then talk with the other warden. Agree on who would do what in regard cures, group heals, st heals etc while doing dps. One warden can target the MT while the other can target the OT. Or perhaps depending on the encounter, one can target the MT while the other targets through the st MoB. It all depends on the type of encounter how you split the heals and targets. One warden can also x raid heals for the first two groups, while the other warden can handle to 2nd two groups.
    If it's still a problem, then if you have another raid worth character, suggest to the raid leader you'll be glad to switch to your alt to avoid conflicts of spells, cures, etc. If the raid leader still refuses to improve the raid set up, I would tell the raid leader that you are dropping in order to provide a spot for another type healer or suggest the raid leader switch you with another type healer in another group. Wardens are great solo healers. If you are melee spec - the scout group is a nice place for you, however, wardens do well in any type group depending on the encounter.