2 questions

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by English, Mar 5, 2018.

1. English New Member

New player for the most part here have a cup coffee a couple of years ago and remember nothing. My first question is what level do zerkers get dual wield and should i go dual with them if i intend to solo for the most part. The other question is which is better at solo zerker sk or conjy. Thanks for any help
  2. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

1) Level 1 (if I recall correctly)
    2) Conj
  3. Hash Member

I haven’t seen many fighters bothering with dual wield in a long time to be honest. I might also suggest that you consider looking at the SK if you are looking for a great solo class... a well geared and played SK can practically solo t1 heroics in PoP. In fact, I personally know a few that do!
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

SKs don't dual wield. They can sword and board or 2h-weapons. There are some AAs to make your one handed weapon do more damage and some AAs to make the shield more useful (may be some AAs to make 2h more deadly also, been so long since I redid my AAs I forget). I like the SK but that's me. You try them all out and you decide!
  5. English New Member

What level do you start to put points in AA. Thanks
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

The game normally puts them in for you, but you can redo them to your style anytime you want and even decide before you get them. Play around with the AA tab to figure it all out better. Just know that you cant screw it up because you can redo them whenever you want, as long as not in combat.
    Finora likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Just to add on to stuff others have said:

What works for me may not for everyone and I don't claim to be "awesome" at any class, let alone berserkers, but soloing, there's not much reason NOT to dual wield that I've seen, at least up to 100. My berserkers never even equipped a 2 hander outside of appearance and has so rarely seen a shield I'm glad I have a macro because I wouldn't be able to find it in my bags otherwise.
    Strictly solo though. Heriocs at 100+ might be another story.

AA start at level 10. You'll get an auto grant and unless you've set it up to do otherwise, your points will be auto-spent into one of the pre-set aa trees. You can make your own and spend them how you wish if you don't like how the game auto-spends.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I love my conjuror. Tanks such as zerkers, guardians, paladins, etc. are meant to hold hate, not do massive damage. If you are soloing, the pet classes are wonderful because at low levels you have the pet tanking for you while you blow up the enemy, pretty much. Killing goes much faster that way. I love my conjuror, and I love my paladin, too. But there's a reason my pally is mostly a crafter now, and that's because the conjy is so awesome to play with.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Divexo New Member

None of you answered the question lol. 2H is the way to go I hear from the old schoolers on flames.
  10. Hash Member

Haha, says the member that didn’t answer any of his questions! He asked about dual wielding firstly. Secondly, I’m not sure what thread you are reading but I see quite a few responses that attempted to answer his question and reign in a bit more context. As for your two cents... If you are talking older content, then I’m sure a 2 hander (even at the substitution of an epic 2.0 main hand) would be just fine, even for PoP solos not a problem. But if you are looking to main tank any heroic dungeons in PoP (and yes, I realize he said he would primarily solo) you are doing a serious disservice to your group by not equipping a shield with suitable AA spec!
  11. English New Member

Thank you all for the help.
  12. Soara Member

You should have at least 2 character slots. One for sk, one for conj. ;)