2 questions of a new player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-cdrrossi, Sep 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-cdrrossi Guest

hallo

First question: If a buy a mount with SC, is the mount usable to all characters or just to the one i bought with?

Second question: I played now some chars to find out what i like. There are inqui, necro, warlock, mage and sk. So pls no answer: play what you like. I want to play one of them up all the way, see, explore and quest everything and raid in den endgame. Since i have no time for all of them, i have to decide which one to continue with.
    And now i need your experience to this classes.
    How they perform in soloplay, exploring, questing and leveling (i dont have the expansion and therefor no merc yet) and in their role in group?
    Are they easy or hard to play? I know you need always skill but sometimes i just wanne play smooth for one hour or another after work without stress.
    Which of this classes are overgrowded and which are still looked for in groups and raids?

Thanks in advance
  2. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

1: The mount is only usable on the character you buy it on, it cannot be traded or used by another character.
    Before you buy a mount look into the free ones you can get. The leaper from a Butcherblock quest is almost as good as a flying mount and can be used at level 30.
    2: Sorry to say, the answer is the one you don't want: Play the character you enjoy playing, there's no point playing a class because someone says "they are really needed in raids" as you may not enjoy the charcter after a few weeks.
    For example: The first character I started is still my Main, (was a conj now betrayed to necro). But after a few weeks I thought I'd be better off with a healer class (always wanted in a group) so made one but really hated playing her.
    So do as you're doing and try out different classes, if I was making one right now, I'd choose a conj or necro. But try out beastmaster, or any others that sound interesting.
  3. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

1) Actually, contrary to the previous poster, all SC mounts are heirloom. You can pass them around the server they are purchased on. However, you do only get the one, so you have to remove it from the mount tab of one & use the shared bank to allow other characters on the account to use it.
    I personally wouldn't buy a SC mount first thing unless I was absolutely in love with how it looked. You can very easily have a quested mount from the newbie area questlines at least by level 20.
    You might also want to check you /claim. You might have a mount there from some promotion or another. You should also check Legends of Norrath and open any of the card packs you might have. Most of those sets have mount loot cards in them. ( type /lon in game to get to that interface & google Legends of Norrath to get to the page & you can see which sets have which loot cards).
    2) I don't know if you mean wizard or conjurer when you say mage, so I will just answer about the other ones. Inquisitors, warlocks, necromancers, and shadowknights are all fairly strong soloers though warlocks take a little more finesse since they can be pretty squishy until you get some AA & have no pet to stand between them & the mobs. All of those classes would have no issue getting to the high end heroic game. Now, I no longer raid, don't have time but I'll give you what I've seen from others recently. I know inquisitors are needed in current raiding and probably all the rest of your choices have a place in the current raid game. However, it is important to know that which classes are prefered in the raid game has changed many times over the years and will in all likelihood change again before you get to 92 unless you get there fast (and even after you get there, there is no guarentee it will not change again).
    SO ask yourself what you really want to be doing for the next 95 levels (level cap is raising in a couple months).
    Inquisitors' main job is to heal. If you don't want to heal, don't roll one. They can do decent DPS if they have the proper aa's for it.
    Necros have some utility & a selection of pets to control. They have lower dps than a dedicated dps class.
    Warlock are a almost 100% dps class, they have a few tricks up their sleeves, but for the most part they do DPS. They can be squishy.
    Shadowknights are tanks. If you don't want to tank don't roll one. They can do decent DPS.
  4. ARCHIVED-Loch Guest

retro_guy wrote:
    Just wanted to clarify that this is not true. If a mount on the marketplace is listed as HEIRLOOM, it can be pulled from the mount list back into your inventory and shared with other characters on your account. I swap mine all the time. But you only have ONE to move around. You can't have it on two or more characters at once.
    There may be a few that are NO-TRADE on there that I haven't noticed, but none of the ones on the marketplace that I've purchased were.
  5. ARCHIVED-cdrrossi Guest

Thanks for your answers. It helped me alot.
    Good to know with the horse that i can share it between the players.
    I narrowed my decision down to inqui or necro. i like to heal but i played a healer for many years in other games so i will try out the necro and do some dps now. since the necro seems to be only a decent dps dealer i assume he has some other support to groups and raids?
  6. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Yes, they have the pets of course which come in mage, scout & tank flavors. They can do some minor healing. They rez. They have clicky items they can summon that restore power and I'm sure some other stuff I can't remember atm. My necro is still fairly low in level but I know they have some handy stuff.
  7. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Every group at top level and pretty much every group needs a tank and a healer. So SK and inquisitor are always in demand. The rest you list fall into the dps slots in a group and compete with 9 or so different classes for 2-4 spots in a group. 0-2 slots in a group are taken by two archtypes: enchanters and bards. At the top level hard mode grouping, this is always 2 spots in a group. Ideally most people choose this setup if they can, but often run without one or the other if it's not available.
  8. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

For free and easy to get mounts, the 1:st to 7:th of every month there is a city festival, running the Aether Race five times gets you a hovering disk thingy with big motors on the back out to the sides, sort of like a Star Wars Pod Racer.
    This month it's outside Quenos and the Aether Race is by the light house above the Antonica dock.
    Also the 20:th to 21:st of every month is Moonlight Enchantment when you can get 2 unicorns and a magic carpet, neither is unlimited use you get 20 uses of up to a day each, I'm pretty sure that's in-game time so that's plenty for a month unless you dismount a lot. Also you can get a lot of carpets if you do the repetable crafting chore (you have to be a level 2 Crafter I believe) the unicorns are limited to one of each.