1vs1 tanks?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Tharrakor, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Wich is the the strongest tank for heavy 1vs1 fights? monks have a solid temp rotation with 3heals if specced for it. Crusaders have heals, zerkers got a pretty good rotation with a great heal and several deathtriggers. What do guardians have? Do they get any healing? Can a guard match a monks survivability without a healer?
    can a pally heal enough on their own to match strong temp rotations and deathtriggers?

I know Guardians and monks are considered "main tanks", there must be a reason for this. I have a 95monk so i know what they've got but i have'nt got a clue about guardians? I had a break from this game for several years and when i left guardian was the tank to be but since i came back to this latest xpac i rarely ever see a guardian and here and there you see people complaining that guards need some more SoE love. Why? Or is it just same old "my class needs this and that, nerf all others" thing?

As you might have guessed already I'm very interested in rolling a guard but if the class is to be broken like the shamans i don't wanna waste my time and would like a different suggestion on a 1vs1 plate tank. Thank you all in advance!
  2. Tyman Active Member

If you want to run easy mode, zerker is your best bet. Monks got the shaft this xpac compared to last and zerkers got an insane buff to their self heals. Shamans are also one of the least desired healers now due to wards being all but useless. Guards are fine, but compared to zerkers they aren't as good, though still really good if played well.
  3. xkrisx Well-Known Member

After have played a monk awhile now and learning the temp rotation, I have come to the conclusion that the best Main Tanks are Guardians / Monks due to there ability to solidly take huge massive hits and live. Zerkers / SK's / Palli's can MT just as well but I believe that there ability to reliably temp through and take a beating falls short compared to Monk/Guard however they are extremely good at tanking alot of mobs and taking a **** ton of little damage hits. Bruisers, well they fall dead last unfortunately. They can MT and OT but there temp rotation falls short and is unreliable for about 45 seconds, there AOE potential is hampered by there range, and there reforge ability suffers ALOT due to not having anything AA Related or Buff Related that gives stats that allows for alot of reforging.
    Malleria likes this.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

So guardians have similar rotations as monks? But monks do have heals, does guardians have heals?
  5. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Monk heals are mostly irrelevant. Any time you need to heal yourself a guardian would just stoneskin the hit anyway. Monks have better offensive utility (Combat Mastery, Calm Tranquility), Guardians have better defensive utility (Sentry Watch, Guardian Sphere, Champion's Incerception)
    xkrisx likes this.
  6. xkrisx Well-Known Member

And all fighters get Draconic Shout, 50% Heal and 20% Max HP buff
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

You're issue is 1v1.

Guardians are extremely dependent on their group/raid for steady heals, but they have the most strategic damage blocking abilities of the tanks. This is why they are favored in main tanking roles as much about this game from a raid point is avoiding reoccurring generally predictable events.

Being granted those abilities, to balance them they gave them almost no healing. In face the only heals we get are death saves, out of combat, or the new one that everyone gets.