1st MMO, I love the concept of healing warden druid...need advice..

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-orumac, Apr 6, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-orumac Guest

My 1st MMO, and my 1st toon is a Warden. Purely want to be healing spec for my friends in a group. Need advices on which line of trees that I need to start till all the way to max potential of single grp healer. Thank You in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

I hope you realize that some of your heals will come from melee - the warden is a melee priest. That said, I suggest you utilize AGI/STA/INT - INT will give you your nukes that will also proc heals. Using infusion gives you free heal. And use your autoattack with any heal, too. That is the most simple version of a melee warden.
    After you reach over 70-80% crit mit, then you'll want to switch out of STA into STR. You do not want to utilize the WIS line unless you desire to mostly fight undead. Reading all the AA information will give you a good understanding.
    In your warden tree - since you want to be "pure" healer - just pick anything that deals with heals and rezzes.
    Do the same in the TSO tree - build up using nothing but your heals and buffs if you do not want anything to do with dps assisting your grp mates while healing.
    I also suggest you read up more on building AAs, both here and on flames.com
    You can focus on healing, but also add in some dps with additional free heals which proc off your dps.
  3. ARCHIVED-blaiddur Guest

some corrections too the previous posters info. Infusion does not proc heals it procs spell dmg. The only thing wardens can get to proc heals from spell dmg is from the int sentinals fate aa which judging from the op post he has a ways to go before getting to that, and you can take it whether or not you go down the int line. The melle heal proc is nice but you can not rely on it to do all your healing unless there is very little dmg coming in for you to heal.
    there is no crit mit increase in the druid tree what was meant was probably crit chance and yes if you can get 70 - 80 % without it the you can switch trees unless you want the anti stun proc and the serenity endline. wisdom line has nothing to do with undead that is templars, and for grouping/soloing it is still not worth taking until/unless you take the sentinals fate aa for rebirth and even then its iffy.
    aa wise if youre not going to be soloing or mainly grouping take stamina and agility lines first in druid tree, then str int or wis depending on preferance/situations you find yourself in. warden tree ressurections and movement would be your primary. tso tree anything that increases your heals is a must.
    I would suggest getting yourself an a mirror of reflected(ive?) achievments and build yourself a heal and solo/dps spec for those times your friends arent on. Solo wise you would want strength in druid over either sta or agi and the combat arts in warden tree probably over ressurections.
    eventually you will be able to take three lines in both the first trees which will make you able to include dps aas even in a heal spec. Wc-larry has a very good write up for aas for pre sentinals fate on eq2flames.com and i believe he has one here too.
    and of course gear with group heal procs off of dps is a must if you plan on being a dps based healer. Any one of our heals will do a better job at refilling a life bar then our aa dps= heal proc 100% chance at healing 1k+ is far better then 40% at 400 especially since with cast speed reductions etc our heals can get under 1 sec to cast. Only rely on dps= heals procs if youve got a massive amount of them or little life is being lost. Its good for keeping the group topped off not at actually healing when its neccessary.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nuadaaaarrrhhhhhggg Guest

orumac wrote:
    Well - I myself am a melee specced pvp warden - however I do believe that putting AA into the middle line and also the line to the left of this, would be nice (under druid tab). In the warden tree, well - anything that has to do with cure / heal / renewal / etc etc would be worth aiming for.
    But again - dont hold me to this, as I am more of a soloer / grp with 1 - 2 people than a full out healer. And this is in pvp :)