1GB Download Every Week

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Daysy, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Avacee Guest

Myself and a lot of players get this on Slitpaw - A multi-Gigabyte download for a small patch.
    What we do to get around it is:
    - start LaunchPad
    - Top Left corner change to US English (from UK English that splitpaw requires)
    - Allow the patcher to update the files
    - Close and restart Launchpad
    - Change back to UK English - It now no longer wants to download 1+GB
    - Play the game
    I'm not saying this is the definitive solution for yourself but players on Splitpaw have been getting these unnecessary large patches for a long time. Why the Patcher wants to download 1+GB for UK English but not for US English is beyond anyone who has ever written more than Hello World but is commensurate with SOE's typical standards.
    Hope this helps - if it doesn't then I hope you get a response faster than the Drunder Loot-thread which has been awaiting a reply since September 14th 2011.
  2. ARCHIVED-joeygopher Guest

Avacii@Splitpaw wrote:
    i get this all the time on splitpaw too - and it's a half-hour wait at least unless you switch to the US version and patch then switch back to EU.
  3. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

We're still getting this on Splitpaw. Is it going to be fixed?
  4. ARCHIVED-Avacee Guest

If I update using UK English the Launchpad wants to download 1,550 MB.
    If I update using US English the Launchpad wants to download 304 MB.
    Why such a difference when my game will play perfectly fine on Splitpaw with the US English files?
    How about incurring the cost of having a developer fix this rather than the cost of lost subscriptions?
    And, shock horror, how about some quality feedback regarding this such as ackowledgement the Launchpad isn't performing optimally for your UK English players and that you will fix this by a certain date?
    Customer Service isn't hard - Persuading lost players to return is.
  5. ARCHIVED-Polyneikes Guest

Avacii@Splitpaw wrote:
    Thanks so much for this information, works like a charm, even now on the GU! So its a problem concerning the EU players only, which explains why noone is giving us any answers here.
  6. ARCHIVED-Avacee Guest

And .... another 690mb Patch for EU English / Splitpaw is reduced to 54mb by downloading the US English version
    And .... still no acknowledgement by SOE there is an issue except for usual "turn off Anti-Virus, blah blah ...", which I guess in their book means the issue is resolved. Yet everyone I know (granted, that's not all players) on Splitpaw suffers from this so it can't be everyones various Anti-virus, etc (which are the same products as used by US customers) - or can it?
    Or maybe (and this is my favourite theory) SOE don't care about paying customer and their Customer Service Representative's neither serve or represent paying customers ....
    Good Customer Service costs little - Bad Customer Service costs jobs.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Yet another 1.88GB download. Why is this problem being ignored?
  8. ARCHIVED-Avacee Guest

And .... the ignoring of this issue continues for another game update.
    This is not limited to the Original Poster but is limited to everyone on Splitpaw.
    GU64 is a 2081Mb download when set to EU English.
    GU64 is a 181Mb download when set to US English.
    You really do look staggeringly incompetent in regard to both the unneccessary downloading and in your lack of feedback.
    Or do you only reply to Original Posters then ignore any follow up information? Should each and everyone of us make a seperate thread?
  9. ARCHIVED-CantbeBothered Guest

Well, today the 'workaround' seems to be broken.
    US english - 668kb. EU english over 1GB update. And swapping to US then back again doesn't seem to fix the issue any more, I'm still downloading 1GB of useless VPKs that I already have.
    Sony obviously don't want any non-US customers, and they wont be getting my custom ever again. You were told about this issue ages ago, and it's still not fixed. Completely hopeless service.
  10. ARCHIVED-paulrichie Guest

Workaround still worked for me today.
    1Gb download down 67,176Kb
    I wonder if SoE realise they are an online company and this should be the basics they are getting right?
    While the workaround is still working for me, my prime concern is what happens when we switch to the new ProSieben launcher, maybe it's time to contact ProSieben and see if they can put some pressure as SoE have been unable to fix this for 6 months+
  11. ARCHIVED-Avacee Guest

Likewise - 1006mb became a 67mb download by swapping to US English.
    And... SOE's silence on something that affects so many speaks volumes to how they regard said paying customers ...
  12. ARCHIVED-paulrichie Guest

Todays patch
    EU English 100Mb
    US English 4Mb
  13. ARCHIVED-anagoth Guest

patcher don't fixed for the eu server:
    today
    700 mb on the Eu francais
    70 mb on the US english
    Can you check if u can fix it?
    for patch quickly we have to switch the region and switch again after patch
    Thanks
  14. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking into this issue. The EU/US patches should all be the same size.
    Do you have "full download" checked in LP4?
    ~Dexella
  15. ARCHIVED-anagoth Guest

Thanks for your reply.
    Personally i don't have this option none of my versions are in streaming
    Friends have "full download" checked and have the patch 10 more bigger on EU like anybody.
    Test is easy i you try to patch on EU the patch is ten more bigger and longer.
  16. ARCHIVED-paulrichie Guest

Hi Dexella,
    I should be "full download" however I don't see the option under launcher, advanced settings.
    I'm certainly not using the streaming client and have no dinosaur.
    What seems to occur, is that for the Everquest II directory it just downloads the deltas and patchs the files. For the sub directories in Everquest II it replaces the whole file and is not using the deltas.
    The only thing I can think of that I have done different to a normal install is I installed Everquest 2 to C:\Games\Sony\Everquest II not the standard directory.
    If you have any more questions I'd be happy to help out where I can.
  17. ARCHIVED-anagoth Guest

Today's patch seem to be fast on the Eu servers as the us
    Thanks for this Fix
  18. ARCHIVED-paulrichie Guest

Today's download
    Splitpaw: 1616 MB
    US servers: 170 MB
  19. ARCHIVED-DonnyOddlegs Guest

paulrichie wrote:
    Exactly the same result for me.
  20. ARCHIVED-paulrichie Guest

Today's download
    Splitpaw: 164Mb
    US: 44Mb

BTW we are still waiting for an answer in the other thread about what kind of information you are looking for when they send in there support tickets.