15th Anniversary Dragon Statue

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zylara, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Zylara Well-Known Member

PLZ PLZ Put the statues back, we worked hard as a server to build those things, blood sweat and tears (not to mention zomg the amount of time).... Its not like they were in the way of anything where we built them in fact in Antonice it fit perfectly in that spot
  2. Thatdarncat Active Member

Since the original press release calls them "permanent, impressive statues" (my emphasis) this is presumably either a bug or it needs an update to change the zone files to install them permanently. Either way, they definitely do need to be made permanent.
    Yenk, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rarkevan Active Member

I'm sure they'll be put back somewhere, perhaps in a town square?

I want to take this opportunity too to thank all the devs for an awesome event! It made crafting fun and worthwhile, it made the community hang out and get silly, and it was a fitting tribute to 15 years of great questing and dragon slaying.
    I'm thankful to have been around for it. Here's to the next oh, at least ten years!
    Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

I also hope the statues return. We did work hard for them so we deserve to have them to remind us of the event.

It was the best event I think DB has created so far. It had it's glitches, but it certainly had me glued to the computer for days on end.

For the future, though, please don't make events that have long pauses between events like you did with the dragons. I had to choose between crafting and staying put in the upcoming dragon zone for 45 minutes, or more, of total boredom. Leaving the zone risked losing my place as the zones overfilled regularly and I would get locked out unless I parked my character and then read or found something else to do while waiting for the dragon to spawn. It was irritating to have waste so much time.

Having two or three dragons spawn at the same time also made things get far more complicated than they needed to be. The event should have been programmed so that as soon as one dragon died another spawned within 5 or 10 minutes. This sometimes happened during the final days of the event but there was no depending on it which was really frustrating.

Doing things together, as a whole server, is a winner in my book. Once we were actually able to play, rather than stand around twiddling our thumbs, it was fun. There is a problem, though, if the mob isn't adjusted for the power of the group fighting the mob. Towards the end of the event, most people had all the parts they needed so it was hard to find a group that could kill the dragons within a reasonable amount of time. As a result, I wasn't able to get the faction needed to make ally so I could buy the house items I wanted.

But other than these problems, it was a great event and I hope we see more of them in the future. I haven't seen so many people playing at once in a long time. And this was true regardless of the time of day or night.

So with a little refinement, I think you have found a good way to bring people back to the game. This event had something for everyone from level 1 to level 110. The rewards were great regardless of whether the player was a raider, adventurer, decorator, or crafter. Well played, DB.
  5. Kilar Active Member

I also hope the Statues are put back. Also is there any chance that those of us who participated could get a miniature of the statue to place in our homes?
    Juraiya, Argosunited, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  6. Schortt Active Member

Yes and please allow us a few more days to use the mats and get the goodies. I had to leave and missed my chance to use all my crafting stuff and get the rewards, I would have figured like the ethereal event you could still use you stuff afterwords.
  7. Gninja Developer

They will be back this coming update.
    Kilar, Siren, Tangris and 5 others like this.
  8. Lunablanco Active Member

Would have been super awesome if, we all got a house item reward for getting them built. Like...a statue for out homes, of that very monument. I mean maybe they could sell one in the shop? or make it a reward for maxing the faction?
    Juraiya, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

I figured we would get something too for all the hard work.
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

I could not help but notice,... there are NO furniture merchants present with said statue,...
    what was the point of gaining all that faction again?
    Breanna and Merriel like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

I agree with Cey...what was the point, if there is no furniture merchant for gaining said faction.

As for the event, I actually became very disinterested in the crafting portion of the event very quickly as I did not feel the heirloom mount gear was suited to tradeskill rewards. I think the fact that the tradeskill portion of the event was not completed in full by the end of the event, speaks for itself. The mount gear given in the adventure portion of the event was much better and more desirable, and as a tradeskiller, I do not want adventure rewards for doing tradeskill work to begin with. Please reconsider these type of rewards for tradeskill events, especially if the adventure rewards are going to exceed the desirability of the tradeskill rewards.

I do not understand the reasoning behind making the Tradeskill mount equipment Heirloom PLUS the stats were not as good, while making the adventure mount equipment tradeable, sellable, etc, and having much better stats.

To me, it feels more like a slap in the face to those who prefer to tradeskill. It is not my intent to complain, but to just point out some subtle details that others may not have noticed, and bring it to the attention of the devs, that these subtlety's were noticed and not appreciated.

I do thank you, however, for a fun event, albeit the repetitiveness of doing PQ's over and over again does make it difficult for me. I know my medical condition is of no concern to anyone else but myself, but I have an extremely difficult time staying awake when it comes to mindlessly repeating the same tasks over and over again. Being that this event was somewhat short in duration, however, made it easier to complete the task of maxing out my faction.

I would have spent more time on the tradeskilll portion of this event, had the rewards been furniture items or some interesting recipes for house items to be crafted. I would not have even minded the mount equipment...had it contained some very desirable tradeskill stats, but most were adventure stats that a tradeskiller would have no need of, and being Heirloom, could not be put into the depot.

For NO OTHER REASON than the fact that Heirloom and No Trade items cannot be put into a depot, I absolutely abhor when I see those tags on anything related to tradeskilling. Even if you do not remove those tags from ANYTHING else in the game, I would absolutely be ecstatic if those tags were removed from ALL tradeskill components.