12th anniversary reward mount

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Irish, Oct 27, 2016.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

I think it's a nice mount. I'm not at all a fan of how it never walks tho. As stated above it's always in the way of clicking ground items. It needs a walking animation.

As a side not, I don't like the patchwork stuff at all. It looks like it belongs in Pokemon or one of those cartoony games, but not EQ2. We want more demons, dragons, blood and gore! Less cutie pie crap, more death and warmongering. Manly stuffz. The patchwork beta reward is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in any game. Ever.

Harrows End mount was the last cool mount we've seen in the game. In my opinion. The transparent flying horse we got for ToT beta was pretty cool too.
  2. Satyr Well-Known Member

- Take away veteran rewards because they can't be bothered coming up with something new every year (we saw they'd run out of ideas last year)
    - Tell people in a.. wait just don't tell people - it's buried in a forum thread
    - The year you take them away have an 'anniversary award' so people don't notice
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Color Tweaking on the Upcoming Sig line one too? That one currently is the same as the CE one.
    Would be nice if it had a coloring similar to this one in EQ:
    [IMG]
    Juraiya likes this.
  4. Kander Developer

None of the other 6 colors had been assigned until yesterday. Now they should all be unique for Signature, Crafting, Heroic Drop, Raid Drop, Merchant, etc. Next build I imagine.
  5. Kander Developer

Isn't life grand where you can have your own opinions?;)
  6. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ya, I tend to be pretty opinionated don't I? I mean no ill will. It's just that out of all the amazing and beautiful games that are out there, I always come back here because you guys do it better than everyone else. I hate cartoony. Oops, there I go again.
    Gramma likes this.
  7. Kander Developer

We should be done with the cartoony stuff here after Xmas. lol
    ZUES likes this.
  8. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Yes, he was. I've said that all along. I figured that's why they said, why bother. And they were correct. Why bother?
  9. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would not use it. It would be pretty as a house item and be killer in the aviary.
  10. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I like the patchwork bear. My beastmaster has one. But would prefer if I could tone it down after the event.
  11. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Actually this would be amazing for our guild hall. If we could have it on a perch and even better if we could program it to say, Welcome to the Phoneix Redux Guild Hall. Now THAT would be awesome.
  12. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Uh oh
    Gramma likes this.
  13. Gigglezzz Member

Kander,
    Sorry for just responding, I have been at work all day. To answer your question, yes I play in 3rd person. I believe what Zues posted below best sums it up, the mount really needs a walking animation to make it feasible to be used for adventuring. The flapping of the wings is what is causing the problems and making it difficult to target while in 3rd person view.

14. Gigglezzz Member

And looking forward to the changes. If it makes it more user friendly, I definitely will probably display it as my mount. As stated before, it is truly a wonderful looking mount.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I like all of the mounts. I tried very hard to obtain the coins on RtT for that mount, to no avail. I certainly hope Santa Ttobey is going to make the broom mount in time for Frostfell. I promise I will behave *crosses fingers*.

Cyrrena
    Gramma likes this.
  16. Malvolio Member

If anyone remembers Vanguard had the Battle Lobster mount so we have a ways to go to achieve full ludicrosity
    Thilka and Snikkety like this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

How is a battle lobster ludicrous? I would kill for one. Moppet + Mushroom hat makes cute little babeh lobster. I want small baby lobster.
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Could you put past vet awards on the loyalty merchant again please?
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

He's a fun little freebie mount. Not for everyone, but nothing is, really. :D Thanks!

My one question, though, is while the summoning of him requires 10 adventurer OR tradeskiller, the flight part is 35+ adventurer (only). Is this due to the minor focus/etc increase that is on him, or is it just an oversight that high level tradeskillers who are not level 35+ adventurers cannot use him for flight?
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

There are many who like them and many who don't. *shrugs* I don't, but I don't get upset about them, for the world and game is big enough for all to be in it.
    Cheesenabber, Prissetta and Drusi_EQ2 like this.