12 year absence

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Trask, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Trask New Member

Hi all,

Wife and I are considering coming back to EQ2 after about 12 years away. We're both sub level 60. We logged in today and were completely overwhelmed by the game. The idea was to create a new toon to start again from scratch and re-learn, but we've only got 4 slots each, and don't want to delete characters.

If anyone has any 'very old returning player' tips, it'd be hugely appreciated.

Thanks heaps.
    Doobius270 likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

I would sugesst to /claim the lv 120 bauble and play the actual content. It's much easier to find groups and help at this level :)

Buying actual expansion with a subsscrition offers you additional 10% discount on actual discount from the standard edition of 26,24 USD.

After each month you can buy a 10x box of heritage crates in marketplace for your monthly DBC which gives you enough platin to play if you sell it in broker to buy an additional Krono - so you can play with subscription for free ;)
    Trask likes this.
  3. Biazza New Member

Welcome back.
    I too was gone from the game since 2014, and returned about a month ago and was in the same boat. For me all my toons were level 95. And I started with the free to play. I am now on subscription. I had 2 toons in a tier 1 raid guild and it just burned me out. I would say first start out slow and relearn the current toons spells and capabilities. Then since you can duo with wife run Agonostics till around 95, then check mail and go to tranquil sea and run the signature quest there till 100, then go to plane of magic and that will get you higher fast. You eat the 120 token if ya like. I did on one of my toons, but you will be even more overwhelmed, level 120 and it doesn’t give you access to a lot of zones. If you like look for me on Halls of fate (don’t know what server your on), Stacadoz or Iwoj , I am in a very small guild that I started in since launch with 2 other friends. Yes there is only 3 of us, we are east coast and west coast, but are always willing to help. Vae Victis ll . Me and the one friend just duo at our own pace, but it’s easier to make your way through all the new content if there is someone in game you can ask or talk to.
    Have fun Stacadoz
    Trask likes this.
  4. Ozium New Member

seems lot coming back recently me included lol, one lv60 toon rest baby's which i deleted. gives me chance to try some new classes :)
    Trask and Sigrdrifa like this.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

I would actually suggest making a toon, playing it up to about 80 or 90, just so you can relearn what you are doing, and then after that using the lvl boost. The thing is, there's a lot to learn, like adornments and how they work, There's ascension spells, there are timelines you're going to want to do (blood of luclin and RoS, but also Kunark Ascending so you can get easier access to all ascension spells. Also, you are going to need a mount and learn training it and mercenaries. So my suggestion is just get used to the class you will play for a bit, and then if you want to boost, then do it. You will want to do certain quests, like the one in Sundered Frontier with the panda guy - I would strongly suggest looking up gear info and how to make money in Norrath on here, they're both super helpful (and I think near the top of the page of threads.)
    Trask likes this.
  6. Doobius270 New Member

Here's the comprehensive list from one who knows:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ers-or-returning-players.597812/#post-6639685

Trask likes this.
  7. Doobius270 New Member

And DO NOT boost a character - you'll never learn to play it that way. Just continue on your journey from where you left off, and don't forget the Agnostic Dungeons! They will get you geared up for soloing.

Peace!
    Trask likes this.
  8. Evangel Member

I returned in Spring 2020 after a 14 year absence, i can totally relate. Inventory full of tradeskill subcombines that are no longer needed, people in general chat talking about acronyms that made no sense. it's definitely overwhelming. The best advise I can give is to find a good guild. Stuff that a lot of folks take for granted as being "obvious" aren't always. Two things that can go a long way to helping you are being amongst helpful players, and the willingness to ask what you may think are dumb questions. No questions are dumb. I was back for MONTHS before i knew about familiars, levelling mercs/mounts, about adorns and missions. Best of luck to you!
    Doobius270 and Trask like this.
  9. Trask New Member

Thanks all! Greatly appreciated. Lots of good advice in there to pick through. A lot of stuff I still don't understand but gives me a term to google! :)

Thanks again.
    Doobius270 likes this.
  10. Doobius270 New Member

Hartsmith likes this.