12 Days of Holidays - Day 6!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

The 12 Days of Holidays have come to EverQuest II! It's time to celebrate the Holidays with daily offers and deals.
    Today's deal is:
    [IMG]
    Enchanted Cookie Jar
    Each Enchanted Cookie Jar contains either a happy, bitten, or angry gingerbread house pet or a happy gingerbread man player illusion. Some of the house pets are also available a la carte in the Marketplace. UPDATE: - Turns out these cookies don't last outside of their jars very well. The a la carte house pets will only be available through Wednesday, December 19th at 10:00pm Pacific! The Enchanted Cookie Jars will remain on the Marketplace.

While these items will be available in the Marketplace throughout Frostfell, these discounted prices are good TODAY ONLY!
    Also, make sure you check out our Sale category for great deals throughout the holiday season! Fun and festive items are marked down for a limited time!
    Check back daily through December 24, 2012 to find something special each day when you log in.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

Those angry gingerbread men are some creepy little fellows. I might need a few of these just to up the creep factor in my life.
  3. Bevz New Member

bought about 20 Cookie Jars. no illusions. I dont want more house items. Now I feel cheated :(
  4. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Bought 32 jars.. on jar 30 I finally got an illusion. Have 11 of the 12 pets, not sure which I'm missing. I have:
    • Affronted
    • Bitter
    • Chipper
    • Crunchy
    • Festive
    • Gleeful
    • Irate
    • Merry
    • Sulky
    • Sweet
    • Tasty
    The illusion I got was Chipper. The chance of getting an illusion should be a bit higher IMO. Thank goodness a triple SC day is coming up, only reason I spent so much on this so far.

Shame the gingerbread dudes can't go into guild hall.
  5. Cyliena Well-Known Member

50 jars, 2 illusions (second one was on jar #50 at that), still only 11 types of pets. Kurisutaru helped me figure out the one I'm missing, which is Delectable. Oh well, that's way more than I should have ever spent on this. ;)

edit: well, someone is trading (placing in my house, since someone questioned how you could "trade" heirloom items) the delectable to me, so not a total loss :)
  6. ElectricPotato Active Member

Its not that we mind rolling the dice on these grab bag sort of things, its just we like knowing the odds. From the description, you'd expect a 1/3 chance of getting an illusion. It seems more weighted than random with how infrequently the illusions come up. The description should reflect that "rarely you could recieve an illusion". Would be nice if the enchanted jar was house pets only, and there was an Shimmering cookie jar that was a random cookieman illuson, for say 700-900SC.
    Cyliena likes this.
  7. Moldylocks Member

So, someone spent $60 (that's 4X a regular monthly subscription) on 50 of these items and the chance rate only awarded them 2 illusions? Wow.

There is a reason why I dislike gambling-based items like these, and why many others do as well. If I pay for something, I expect to have it. I'll pass on this.
  8. Ozymundas Active Member

I'm glad I read this thread before trying my luck for an illusion.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Another triple SC day is coming? Thought they only did one a year and we had it a few months ago?
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Yup, on Friday.. some PS2 players managed to find out about it and Smed confirmed: http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=31380
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I have to agree, the illusion rate is WAY too low on these. I also wish they weren't attuneable.
  12. Thumn New Member

I agree,, way way too low. I'm not even sure why it's random. I'd rather everything be up on SC where you can see what you are buying.

Are there only two illusions ? I thought the description said 4, but I've only seen two.
  13. Dexella Associate Producer

There are four illusions and 12 house pets (4 bitten, 4 happy, 4 angry).
  14. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Are the illusions fixed to be heirloom and not lore?
  15. Dexella Associate Producer

Yes. :)
  16. Thumn New Member

I've purchased roughly 50 dollars worth of cookies and got two illusions.
    Thats your drop rate.
  17. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Wow Trumn. You have deeper pockets and/or more patience than I.

Echoing others: paying RL money for a random chance thing is distasteful. Charge more for the illusions. A lot more if you want. I'd rather pay 2, 4, or even 10 times more to get the thing I want than take chances and end up with 48 things that I never wanted and cant sell for any kind of currency at all.
  18. BettyBoop Member

I agree with all the others saying that it's TERRIBLE the illusion drop rate!!! Both the cookie jar and the Bag of Sweets. I've spent well over $70 on the bag of sweets and NOT ONE ILLUSION. But I have one of every kind of gumdrop that I never wanted, and a ton that got destroyed.

How greedy are you SoE? Just sell the illusions a la carte, for pete's sake.
  19. Dexella Associate Producer

UPDATE: - Turns out these cookies don't last outside of their jars very well. The a la carte house pets will only be available through Wednesday, December 19th at 10:00pm Pacific! The Enchanted Cookie Jars will remain on the Marketplace.
  20. Moldylocks Member

IMHO, it was a successful experiment. Price it low, make the drop rate very low as well. Its like a slot machine: its only one more quarter. I have to wonder how many others spent 1/4 year's subscription rate or more for this. Its ironic that they would call it a cookie jar, because that's exactly what they aimed it to be: always reaching in for another.

What this shows SOE is that people are willing to play their gambling games.

What it shows me is a distasteful aspect of SOE to resort to these antics to make sales. As far as I can tell, SC sales are doing very, very well. Adding gambling to increase sales is abhorrent.

I haven't bought a jar, and I will steer clearly away from similar items that pop on on the Marketplace.