12 Days of Frostfell

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Optimist, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Optimist Member

Does this begin on December 14th and end December 25th? When will we find out about the Chocolate coins? Lastly, on the house is there more to the cute Snow Globe housewise?
  2. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Dec 4th thru Dec 16th.
    Optimist likes this.
  3. Optimist Member

How do we get the tokens? Have they said yet, since it starts today?
  4. Khimaira Member

We get Chocolate Coins by buying special holiday bundles from the marketplace....yay.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-12-days-of-frostfell-dec-2018
    "when you purchase any of the 12 days of Frostfell items in the Holiday Bundles section of the Marketplace, you will receive between 1 and 10 Glug’s Chocolate Coin in-game currency! These coins can be given to Santa Glug’s Curious Clerk (who can be found in the the main areas of celebration in Freeport and Qeynos) in exchange for even more festive Frostfell items!"
    Optimist likes this.
  5. Optimist Member

Thank you!
  6. Optimist Member

Wow, that's a lot of money to spend to get tokens. Yikes!
  7. Khimaira Member

Yeah...a little disappointed. I guess if I planned to buy a bunch of stuff the coins would be a bonus but none of those bundles are begging me to buy them. I was most interested in the snowglobe house.
    Cyrrena, Quillyne and Siren like this.
  8. Optimist Member

That's all I wanted is the house.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It would have been nice to have chocolate coins included with Krono purchases (10 coins for 3 Kronos?). I think lots of players would have stocked up.

The bundle options aren't too bad; character slots, server transfer, race change, unattuners are useful. You can stock up on Mindblaster mercs (wizard-coercer mercs to save or resell).

I guess they could have sold the Snowglobe Home by itself for 5000 DBC so the bundles could be considered bonuses.
    Rosyposy and Siren like this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

I actually have two very old mains currently trapped on Isle of Refuge, otherwise known as The Dead Zone. Let me check out the server transfer bundles; I miss my Wizard and Necro! I was sort of hoping IoR would just get merged so it'd be free, though.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Benito like this.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I am holding out that the transfer will come as well from IoR but think that the transfer thing could be useful in a pinch, or when you absolutely positively have to transfer servers right that moment!
    They mercs are sorta not a bad deal because you can sell them on the broker or claim it and sell for a fairly large chunk of status "not that either of those things are really hard to obtain anymore" . On second thought, its not really a good deal either.
    They put a race change, and name change potion on there, but not a gender change? Odd, I guess how you choose to identify isn't that important.

Bleh
    Does anyone remember how Frostfell was before the marketplace?
    Its a subject for another time I guess, but dang if the greed of this company hasn't got the better of them.
    Optimist, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  12. MelissaB63 New Member

You essentially have to spend $50 in the marketplace to get enough coins for the snow globe. I think DBG may have hired their marketing guy after Blizzard let him go. So disappointing...
    Finora, Optimist, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  13. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I have no use for any of the bundles. It would have been better to outright sell the items instead of a "currency exchange"
  14. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Wow...glad I read this first. I also was excited about the house but spending 50 bucks on things that are so-so is not remotely worth it to me.
    Kheldar, Optimist and Tkia like this.
  15. Furiant Member

Yeah I don't get their logic. Take those puppy gamblebags. I'd buy a particular puppy for that price. I get a puppy, they get the money. You know, like purchasing has worked for 10,000 years. But now, they expect me to spend 10x that much trying to get what I want, which I won't do. So I get no puppy and they get no money. How is that better? If they can't have 10x the price, they'd rather have nothing? Seems... kinda spiteful.

Maybe I'll open up a hat store. A customer comes in and finds a hat they like for $10. So I tell them to give me the $10 and I'll give them a box with a hat in it, that might be the one they want. And if it isn't, they can just keep giving me $10 until I "randomly" give them that hat. Oh, and they can only wear the hat inside the store. I'll invite Daybreak to be my first customers. I'm sure they'll love it and tell all their friends, and then I'll be rich.
    Tkia, GrunEQ, Kheldar and 5 others like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I really think their marketing department needs to gather a focus group of players together and actually talk to them, it seems they are really out of touch with what the actual players want and would be willing to spend extra money on. The only one of the holiday bundles as offered right now that I would even consider is the extra character slot and I do not need another slot.
    Meneltel, GrunEQ, Optimist and 3 others like this.
  17. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Spent a little money, got some chocolate and a rather stupid looking penguin cap transfer token etc.... I though heck yea, Santa Glug merc would be perfect " I absolutely love Christmas any time of the year" so it was all good.
    I jumped up in there and pulled a nice size group of 118's and he stood there and watched me die, I swear he had his arms crossed and never lifted a finger to help..it was too funny. Then my corpse lay there on the ground with him standing right above me just looking at me like I was some kind of idiot, never even tried to rez me. Could be he has something against penguin hats?

I am pretty sure his beard is fake.

I dont really know why he did that, but he does seem to do ok now, not great but just ok. He has less health and lower stats than Boohgahr or however its spelt and his heals are not really that great from what I have observed, I cant really recommend spending any money towards the supposedly awesome gifts they are peddling.
    GrunEQ, Cyrrena, Optimist and 2 others like this.
  18. Khimaira Member

Maybe if they made more bundles I'd be more interested...like for example depot, furniture, mount, or appearance armor bundles that also give the coins instead of the currently limited offerings.

The whole RNG loot crate has always turned me off. With Mercs and Familiars there are certain ones I'd like to have - they may not even be the rare ones (yes, I am superficial and like ones I think look good ;) ) Heck, bring back previous Merc crates for those not, ahem, mind blown by the mindbenders.

In one way the current method of getting coins is better than how I first read their news article. I assumed we'd get a random amount of coins per bundle purchase... /shiver
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am positive the Santa Glug is the Grinch in disguise, the beard looks the same. Did you look around to make sure there wasn't a tiny little dachshund with a tree branch tied to his head following Santa Glug around? The only thing I seriously considered (and to be honest still am considering) was the Santa Glug, well, because its Santa Glug. I would have died laughing watching him stand around watching me die and then standing over my corpse looking at me with scorn and thinking "get up off the ground already, you are embarrassing me".
    Optimist, Breanna and Pixistik like this.