101-110 groups, LFG, Dungeon finder, broke?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by questcraft, Dec 2, 2019.

1. questcraft Member

Tried to use the LFG group finder tool and the dungeon finder tool and no luck all night long. are these tools broken? or just no body uses them and if the later, why doesn't anyone use these tools seems like a great way to find groups, or get an auto group quickly. are all groups relegated to shouts and /lfg channel? what do players who are in small guilds do to find groups?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No one used the LFG tool, and pretty much it hasn't really ever been used much as you can't control the quality of group you get. People want to be sure that the tank has enough health, that everybody has enough potency and resolve, etc.

Look for the LFG chat channel. That's where most people ask for groups.

Note also that the EQ2 15th Year Celebration event, Dragon Attacks! is going on until Dec. 5, and most folks are out killing dragons for their loot. You can go help with this at any level (low level squishy folk just stand at max range).
    Breanna likes this.
  3. JackBurton New Member

LFG tool doesn't get used much sadly and dungeon finder even less it seems. Group forming is really a manual process in the LFG channel mostly And you'll have better luck if you are forming a group versus trying to find one. It would be really nice if this game did support grouping via dialogs and requirements a bit better.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Ah, I see what went wrong. You tried to use the dungeon finder tool. Don't do that, it's dumb.
  5. EQ_Jack Active Member

I think some of this stems back to (quoting fingers in the air) "The good ole days" where everything was done from the command line ;) . It would be nice if some of the EQ2 UI work and mechanisms would enter the current decade. For me I'd welcome a better facility to create groups, ability to create as many hot bars as I need, a map system that better shows where to go for next quest step(yes it sometimes does this but inconsistently), a chrono system that makes old content STILL challenging (right now you chrono or mentor and you become god mode with no challenge). public quests with incentives to join(dragons has been wildly successful as example). In my opinion EQ2 could have WAY more subscribers if they would just fine tune and work on some of the edge areas that need improved.