100 Coercer dps hints please

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Danthina, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Danthina New Member

Hi,
    I am struggling on DPS with my 100 Coercer. I have seen other coercers do over 200 k but I rarely get over 100 k. I have been asked to leave groups because of my low dps, so it is difficult to get better equipment.
    So hints on what to do is greatly appreciated.

Here is my profile: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/442381751441

Is my equipment ok?
    How should I spec AA and prestige?
    How should I reforge?
    What spell rotation should I use?
    Should I stay close to fight for melee or far away for Unda or maybe joust?
    etc. etc.

It drives me mad that I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong :)
  2. Chillispike Active Member

You tryed to spec for survival, but you missed out the spec for health.
    Akward spec a bit of everything it feels .. I specced melee as well even i use ranged weapon.

Coercer DPS doesn't only depent on gear and copy at good moments. Currently i'm parsing 300mil+ in raids with epic and i ain't have "the" greatest gear tbh.

Feel free to take a look at my specc
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301375304076

Stats:
    250% resuse is 150% to much
    missing recovery
    above 100% casting is fine to get for double cast to 100%
    but you are missing ~70% double cast.
    Got coins from last expansion? buy or use the old Belt that gives 8 Fervor
    Others Aims:
    Multiattack down to 200
    Flurry only once you got Double cast to 100
    Can prolly loose dps and Haste as well

I was specced Melee for long time too, even skipped unda for it. On the long run the Crit bonus doesn't keep up with the inflation of potency so melee specc for Coercer doesn't work out at level 100.
  3. Danthina New Member

Thanks for the feedback, I Will have a look at the spec and try to chance my stats by reforging and switching gear.

Any tips on spell rotation, and jousting? should I stay near for melee or further away to max Unda?
  4. Chillispike Active Member

I stay at 9m the most of the time and hardly joust out .. well i do if i manage to do it in my spell rotation.
    The thing with the jousting is that you have to stop at 19m and wait for like 1 sec to make sure the game does it correctly.
    Spell rotation hmm well there is 1 "main" rotation to watch out for that is the combination of Tashiana and spellbind
    I never start a fight right away with it, i normaly still use Brainshock at start coz it never can resist followed by asylum and obli psyche for debuffs.
    During tashiana and spellbind i try to use mastermind, unda, Trauma, hostage, blindshock, Spell curse .. Etherassassin and maybe 1 more ascension spell.
    I macroed hostage to start ranged attack and send pet in. so even the spell isn't up i use it to do those things
    Mimicry is still really usefull, but doesn't really work on summoners since the pet of them is a big part of there dps. Means if a summoner is a big ahead of a wizzi or warlock i still would mimicry the wizzi or warlock.
    Best targets for mimicry are beastlords and wizzis due there FieryBlast combo, even we can't copy the blast we can copy all the other spells they cast for the blast.

I use Etherbalance when ever it's up, unless it's a heavy power drain fight then i try to time it. ManaSoul ain't needed for a Coercer we have plenty of tools to feed power. (Manaflow, canibalize toughts, Etherbalance and Channel as Backup)
    Puppetmaster does a good spike as well by the looks, not super insane but worth casting.
    Close range and aoe wise i use Peace of Mind -> Shock Wave -> Stupefy (instant and chance to reset Shock Wave) -> Shock Wave

Oh and find "Power of Mind" remove it from your hotbar and never buff it again, the power increase and resists are pointless. so 1 Conc slot free.

Buff wise: Peaceful link on self + bard and 1 dps or on 2 dps and yes it doesn't matter who transfers hate, because the deaggro takes part after the hate trans. Sometimes when the group does more dps then i do i buff Peaceful link on 3 dps .. or if a COnj or necro is around i cast it on there pet actually.
  5. Fairin Active Member

playstyle is the biggest part of anyones dps. macroers do more dps than hotkeyer's hotkeyers do more dps than clickers

@chillspike, you gain 200 potency(about) for 2 pristege points in power from the soul. and would gain around 300 with those points spent in undenyable power

yeh both are off crit cap (dont miss out on your troubs epic proc when they get the +200 version) critbonus is your biggest source of dps after playstyle.

i suggest finding a bard with an insane ammount of potency to put your spells on (damage from spells or ca's)

please don't unspec the ward your defiler will love you for not eating their group wards on aoe damage fights, and its only 13 points.
  6. Chillispike Active Member

I would gain a bit more potency if i would put 8 instead of 5 points in undenyable power but then i loose 1mio health. My current spec is a bit more survival based. I changed cb and pot one from 8 down to 5 each so i have 6 points for health .. which boosted by health from nearly 4mio solo to over 6mio solo.
    Crit chance is nice yes, but hardly worth to aim for it all the time at some point. From last exapsnion to this i lost 200-300 crit chance but doubled my potency and with rekindled Heartbound i'm at 75 fervor (60 without rekindled) and my dps went up by a nice amount.

I only specced for the solo ward for the mage epic fight tbh, but it's maybe worth considering since offensive skills above 1500 are useless anyway. So far it's ok for me to not have it.