100 - 150 Slot Crafted Bags and Strong Boxes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mythical House Item, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I was agreeing with you, Mythical, not trying to tell you how to store your stuff. But not everyone knows about the use of furniture shelves to store house goods, even long-time players I recently discovered, so I thought I'd share that info with people who didn't know.

I absolutely want DP to give us recipes for larger bags and boxes. And if they won't do that, then I want them to quit loading us down with stuff of very limited value that we can't sell or trade. I'm sick and tired of destroying stuff.
    Rosyposy, Twyla, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

Alert, alert!! Squirrel Syndromes
    Siren and Tkia like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

There is another alternative. Go to Loyalty Merchant and check out the strongboxes. I think they are 52 slot. Any rate, you can buy them for Loyalty tokens. Make sure if you do this, buy all you want at one time, because according to a friend, it's a one time purchase. That doesn't address the suggestion of higher number craftable bags, but it certainly addresses the lower slot containers/bags currently available to the player.
    Rosyposy and Twyla like this.
  4. Maviarab Active Member

Must be possible...buy the Velious or Undying crates and surprisingly it seems they are able to do 100 slot sales crates...and you can have as many of them as you like.

Of course...gotta pay cash for those...but the argument of they can't do it due to 'limitations' falls short and becomes moot if those exist.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Caith Developer

Bag size is limited due to the way many, many things need to iterate over every item you possess, in every bag you have, on your character, in your bank, in your shared bank, in your house vault, etc. Increasing bag size makes a huge increase and constant demand on the zone servers, which need to then send out those queries to the DB.

We have no current plans to increase bag size due to this. We are absolutely open to revisiting the decision, but only when the above issues would no longer have a detrimental impact due to other optimization.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update on and giving specific reasons why.
    Lateana, Twyla, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  7. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. This, however, does lead me to another question:

Does this also apply to personal depot inventories? For example if I had five hundred three (503) personal home depots, forty-two (42) harvest depots, three (3) scroll depots, three (3) potion depots, two (2) of each fuel, collection, lore and legend, food, adornment, and ammo depots some capped both in unique items and maximum count for each item and some partially filled (house items, harvests, fuel, potions, collections, and scroll depots filled quite a bit more than the others) in the same house. Would that impact my character/zone/etc. the same way?
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  8. KauaiJim Active Member

I've been around since the beginning and I didn't know about them so a big "Thank You!" to Almee from me. :D I have them now. FYI: If anyone else goes to buy them don't get taken by the stupid high priced ones on the broker - look for the lowest priced ones. You'll save a lot.
    Twyla and Siren like this.
  9. Ichoris Well-Known Member

How about just make everything stack? That way it's not extra work for the DB. I know it's not realistic but neither is carrying all bags of weapons and armor on your person. It's not a perfect solution but that would free up slots. At least for me.
    Geroblue, Rattophaxe and Twyla like this.
  10. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Is it possible we could have 66 slot bags and/or boxes added to carp/tailor books? They're already on the marketplace and I'm sure many people have bought enough to have full bag slots and bank slots filled with them, but I don't think we should HAVE to pay for them. If they already exist, why can't we craft them? The marketplace ones should be for if someone wants an appreance bag, not the only place for larger than 64 slots
    Geroblue, Maldaris, Twyla and 3 others like this.
  11. Miragian Well-Known Member

Realistically, if we're allowed to buy a full inventory of 66 slot bags, buy enough 66 slot bags to fill our bank and the game copes, why can't it cope with people being able to make 50 slot bags?

Additionally, at this stage I suspect a portion of the player base doesn't even know where to get the lumber/pelts to make the largest bags and boxes we can make. The recipes are what, 5 years old?

Heck, give tailors 50-52 slot bags (that *can not* go in the bank) so they have something useful to offer since crafted armor is kind worthless at this stage, and give carpenters 50-52 slot boxes that can *only* go in the bank. This gives both crafting classes something unique to offer, and is well below the 66 slot "limit".
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Well if they allowed you to make 66 slot bag/boxes then they won't make money selling them to you for real cash! I don't 100% agree that the game can't handle larger bags/boxes. Since they sell larger ones already. I guess there might be less of them now since they cost real money. If people could be make free then everyone would have all slots with 66 slots. Which might slow the game down. They are going 64 bit for the game and server. Wouldn't this make larger bags more possible? Not sure.
    Geroblue and Twyla like this.
  13. Twyla Well-Known Member

YES!!! Stacking is good. 3 bags and counting on those danged evil horrible patterns.
    Geroblue likes this.
  14. Skella New Member

Thank you for posting this Mythical! I am all for bigger bags. Doing the bank shuffle is just getting so time consuming. IMHO the lack of space challenge has become even more challenging from almost all items being Heirloom or No Trade. Why is that anyway? Used to be able to sell dropped armor, weapons, jewelry, etc and make some plat to buy other items for my character. Was good for the "game economy". But I digress...if almost everything we get is heirloom or no trade, bigger bags for storage is an obvious need. And one last thought, I have been playing since 11-8-04, yep was there Day 1, so yeah I have a lot of stuff. I like my stuff. The expectation to be able to keep and easily store it is not unreasonable.
    Twyla likes this.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I would be thrilled if we could transmute more of the items that are heirloom or can't be sold. I have so many things that I guess I will just be destroying because I've been playing so long, there simply is no room for everything. My main is really struggling for space.
    Twyla, tasnee, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have heard of players in EQ creating characters, just for the extra bank space.
    Siren, Lateana, KauaiJim and 2 others like this.
  17. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I sure hope you are right. Increasing the player made to 50 would be nice but really, get rid of stuff you never use and will never use. They have the newhouseitem depot you can place in your house to store furniture in or do like most of us do, use another house for storage along with the houseitem depot.
  18. runsaroundthepool New Member

I agree with OP. Want.. no, NEED bigger bag options!
    Rosyposy, Geroblue and Twyla like this.
  19. KauaiJim Active Member

I am planning on using two extra toons when I get around to it. One toon for all of the MASSIVE BUTT TON of overseer stuff. (Do people really use all of those temp boosts?)

The other toon I think will be tradable house items.

It really does become bag ‘gridlock’ in a hurry if I don’t spend hours cleaning it up all of the time.
    Rosyposy and Geroblue like this.
  20. Laughing Owl Active Member

Bahh for house items, Make a Dungeon (still can, even if not real point BESIDES STorage)...
    Almost all house items you can place in the dungeon and you can have unlimited dungeons,.....

So very easy to store that way, and can even name the dungeon 'Plants' or 'furniture' etc... to organize... if you bank/bags/etc are full of house items, this will free up alot of space..

Though do agree, not sure if larger bags are needed (screen space when open), but a bit better storage options. Would love to see 'armor/weapon' depots and/or manequins that actually 'wear' the armor (not jsut take appearance, but could 'store' (and display) and yeah honestly over larger bags, I personally would prefer a few more 'slots' (house vault, shared bank, and/or normal bank, or 'House crates' (that would function like bank (but seperate, have to go to house to open?)